Who Cares About the Constitution?

Helicitor

It's nice to see a refreshing case of congressional candor in Washington these days. At least one Democratic Congressman finally admits to not caring about the Constitution. There, that wasn't so hard to admit, was it?

Congressman Doesn't Care About the Constitution

It's okay--anything is permissible as long as you have that magic D after your name. Rules are for suckers and losers.

Werbung:
while debating a republican last week, who kept throwing the constitution out as his reason to be against health care ( never backed anything up really of course)...later said Obama was not a US citizen because he is Muslim ( also not from Kenya, he says Indonesia ..( can't even get story strait with the birthers) Ignoring the clear dumb logic of that he is a Secret Muslim....I asked so what? even if he was a Muslim he would be a American still...he said went on a rant about how Muslims are not real Americans and all that...when it was pointed out that the constitution makes no regards to Religion and all that....he said so what and basicly said it did not matter what it said....I found that pretty sad and funny...

also later I was a commie for wanting to spend more money in some areas of Defense because I would use tax money to pay for it...he later said he would spend more money on the army...with tax money ( 5 min to agree that would have to be paid with tax money) but somehow in his mind one was commie the other was capitialist ( it was the same damn thing)

Sadly, nearly our entire political class could care less about the Constitution.

The 2,700 page Obummercare law is a perfect example of ignoring the Constitution. By writing a law that no one can read and understand, the scumbag leftists have subverted the Constitution yet once again.

An amendment to the Constution should require that no bill can exceed the number of pages in the Constitution. But, then they would just ignore the it.

Sadly, nearly our entire political class could care less about the Constitution.

The 2,700 page Obummercare law is a perfect example of ignoring the Constitution. By writing a law that no one can read and understand, the scumbag leftists have subverted the Constitution yet once again.

An amendment to the Constution should require that no bill can exceed the number of pages in the Constitution. But, then they would just ignore the it.

that would be the dumbest thing ever. the senate should vote on a budget for a year thats about a page long?

that would be the dumbest thing ever. the senate should vote on a budget for a year thats about a page long?

Oh my my... poor old pockets, what are we going to do with you???

Your lack of knowledge of the Constitution is most telling and not surprising for a liberal.

The Constitution was SIX pages if you include the letter of transmittal and the Bill of Rights.

But, a one page Federal budget is a great idea.

Your lack of knowledge of the Constitution is most telling and not surprising for a liberal.

The Constitution was SIX pages if you include the letter of transmittal and the Bill of Rights.

Are you disingenuously saying that it's only libs who write impossibly long complex bills?

Your f**king Bible-beater buddies have paid scant attention to the Constitution when passing laws to restrict the rights of blacks, women, and gay people--maybe you forgot about the equal protection clause?

Are you disingenuously saying that it's only libs who write impossibly long complex bills?

Your f**king Bible-beater buddies have paid scant attention to the Constitution when passing laws to restrict the rights of blacks, women, and gay people--maybe you forgot about the equal protection clause?

Damn Mare, you sure are good at jumping to erroronous conclusions.

Damn Mare, you sure are good at jumping to erroronous conclusions.

I don't see any errors being pointed out in your single sentence response. Probably you couldn't find any so you thought that a drive-by sniping was called for.

So what conclusions are erroneous? You admit that all sides of the legislative branch have written long, incomprehensible bills? Or that religous folks have abrogated the Constitution by passing laws restricting the equal rights of others?

I don't see any errors being pointed out in your single sentence response. Probably you couldn't find any so you thought that a drive-by sniping was called for.

So what conclusions are erroneous? You admit that all sides of the legislative branch have written long, incomprehensible bills? Or that religous folks have abrogated the Constitution by passing laws restricting the equal rights of others?

See post #3 above.

And I am all about following the Constitution as it was intended by the Founders. There can be no deviation except by the amendement process.

You do seem very concerned about historical wrongs, yet unconcerned about the current unconstitutional acts committed by our politicians. Why?

See post #3 above.

And I am all about following the Constitution as it was intended by the Founders. There can be no deviation except by the amendement process.

You do seem very concerned about historical wrongs, yet unconcerned about the current unconstitutional acts committed by our politicians. Why?

Of course I am concerned, but no matter who I vote for the government gets elected. I've been voting all my adult life and it hasn't made a bit of difference. Every single president seems to be owned by the same people.

Currently the government forbids some Americans the right to marry, that action was supported by George Bush and it's un-Constitutional every bit as much as slavery and denying the ownership of property or the right to vote to women. There is nothing historical to me about the discrimination against gay people in US law since, as a transsexual, I am persecuted by those laws despite the fact that I'm not gay.

I'm against a lot of what government does, but I can't bring myself to fly an airplane into an IRS office or blow up a building in Oklahoma City. I will continue to vote, but I know that it won't change the course of the country. Nor will name-calling and blaming.

Werbung:

It was a figure of speech , and the amount of pages varys based on what you want to count and also what copy. Maybe you would like your amendment to also say must be written in same font? 1 10, 50, pages. dose not matter somethings things are a little more complex then your simple minded view of the world. If you turned in a budget that small for a even mid level company, you would be fired...but you think it should run a nation.

I can picture your budget....200 million to fight war in Iraq....just send it as you wish, I don't have space to actually get into detail here.

Back