Who do you prefer as commander in chief in times of crisis

XCALIDEM

It looks like the lunatic president from Venezuela; Hugo Chavez is becoming more dangerous than we thought. He now has strong ties to Russia and now Russia is planning to have more presence in his country.

Check out this report:

Saturday , October 11, 2008

TRIPOLI, Libya —

Three Russian warships — including a nuclear-powered missile cruiser — have called on the Libyan port of Tripoli for a two-day stop on their way to the Caribbean.

Cruiser Pyotr Veliky, anti-submarine vessel Admiral Chabanenko, and support vessels from the Northern Fleet are on their way to Latin America to take part in joint naval exercises with Venezuela.

The vessels reached Libya Saturday.

The deployment will represent the largest Russian naval maneuvers in the Caribbean since the Cold War.

Venezuela has forged close ties with Russia, which is looking to increase its presence in Latin America.

It looks like we'll be heading towards another cold war and that idiot down south is helping our enemies...

So my question to you as american citizens is:
Who would you rather have as commander in chief is relationships between Russian and the U.S. worsen and why do you prefer that candidate?

Werbung:
In a case with Russian and us? Condi Rice

Perhaps, I should've been more clearer...:D

Do you prefer a community organizer who voted 130 times present when his name was on the line and who continues to have radical friends...
Or a war VET who can make better decisions and who has served in the U.S senate for over 20 year?

Perhaps, I should've been more clearer...:D

Do you prefer a community organizer who voted 130 times present when his name was on the line and who continues to have radical friends...
Or a war VET who can make better decisions and who has served in the U.S senate for over 20 year?

Ah ok I see

I prefer McCain

But there is a part of me that cheers for Obama in a warped, sick and twisted way. I want to spend 4 years bashing him and calling him Hitler and doing ever sick gross thing to him that the left did to Bush

I really am looking forward to that. I am more than ready to give it all back but Ill do it with a smile on my face.

I wonder if Obama gets elected (through voter fraud) will he keep the Obama channel so he can keep up with his indoctrination.

And will those bots who believe he is the messiah erect churches in his name?

Ah ok I see

I wonder if Obama gets elected (through voter fraud) will he keep the Obama channel so he can keep up with his indoctrination.

Obama as I type this has an average lead nationally according to RCP of 7.7%. His lead electorally according to electoral vote.com is 343-184. Is "voter fraud" affecting the polls and electoral projections as well?

Lets take a look at the possible outcome another way..Nate Silver, at fivethirtyeight.com currently extrapolates that Obama will receive 51.9% of the popular vote, McCain 46.6%. Just over 120 million voted in 2004, so to make things easier lets go with 120 million. In that case, assuming Silver's figures are correct, if the election were held today Obama would receive 62.28 million votes, McCain 55.92 million...a difference of 6.36 million.

As you can see by the above figures, and if they pan out anywhere close to that on Nov. 4th, to suggest an Obama victory would be because of "voter fraud" is not only ridiculous on a mathematical level but is patently absurd and frankly smells of sour grapes.

If it comes down to Ohio and obama wins by 20 thousand votes, its VOTER FRAUD
because over 50 thousand fraudulent votes have ALREADY been cast FOR OBAMA in Ohio

I'm not even going to challenge your figures, though it would be nice if you provided a link to back up your 50,000 fraudulent vote assertion. The reason is, it's not going to come down to Ohio, Obama, as of now, is in landslide territory and whomever wins Ohio matters little.

I'm not even going to challenge your figures, though it would be nice if you provided a link to back up your 50,000 fraudulent vote assertion. The reason is, it's not going to come down to Ohio, Obama, as of now, is in landslide territory and whomever wins Ohio matters little.

Dont you watch the news? Its on the news just about every day.

Many other swing states have been flooded with fake voter regestrations too but those still can be fixed. Assuming they are fixed and only real voters can vote and if obama really wins by a landslide then really I am happy. If he wins he wins I am ok with that, but if it comes down to Ohio or any swing state that did not purge their rolls of fake voters then I am going to be madder than a hornet.

either way I will still compare him to hitler because I am a good patriot and I know that is the most patriotic thing a person can do (learned behavior from the left)

but seriously if he wins by a landslide and saves us another florida 2000 then we should all be happy about that.

I still believe very much that many are saying they will vote for him that have no intention of voting for him. i know a number of these people personally and I know how a person is treated when they say they are not voting for him. I have been called a racist by the poller for saying I will not vote for him. Not everyone wants the head ache. so we shall see. but I hope your right I hope its a landslide of LEGAL voters

Who do you prefer as commander in chief in times of crisis

Another easy question to answer:

Any top military brass will bend the ear of any standing president. Even under Sarah Palin we can be sure experienced military brass and advisors would step in to fill any holes.

The most important attribute to our next president with reference to times of crises is one who has adept negotiating skills to regain allies and world standing, not archaic, hot-headed, erratic and impetuous approaches to the 21st Century World.

I just want to point out that our current President has military experience, and executive experience to boot, before he was elected. His policies concerning war making have been EXTREMELY detrimental to this country.
America CANNOT afford another war monger in the White House right now. It could bankrupt us.

I just want to point out that our current President has military experience, and executive experience to boot, before he was elected. His policies concerning war making have been EXTREMELY detrimental to this country.
America CANNOT afford another war monger in the White House right now. It could bankrupt us.

Obviously, MANY do not agree with your assessment. Bush's experience was also limited to service in the air national guard, even though that's a lot more than Obama, who knows nothing. McCain's background in this area is vast.

Obviously, MANY do not agree with your assessment.
I dont except everyone to, I have no illusions about that. But while many may not agree, it does not make my assertion incorrect.
Bush's experience was also limited to service in the air national guard
We can agree on this, thank you for confirming my notion.
even though that's a lot more than Obama
He has not served in the military, but I dont think that should be a requirement. Not having served in the military, should not be a precluder in my book.
McCain's background in this area is vast.
This does not necessarily indicate a better policy vision. While I support long term base leases in Iraq, a continued local combat presence there is unwise and a hinderance to Iraq becoming an important ally in the region. We need to let them figure it out themselves from here.

Absolutely correct! Some of our best Presidents had no military experience in times of great war... Abraham Lincoln comes to mind.

I know it's just impossible for neo-cons to admit but intelligence does kinda matter in this job. This isn't the time to put someone in office that graduated #894 out of #899 in his class.

What we don't need is a John McBush. A McBush is someone who wants to continue Bush policies with just a lot more emphasis on war. That's not good.

And besides that we don't need someone who's Secret Service code name would be Flipper... because he changes his mind like it's his underwear.

You just can't trust a John McCain to keep his word... on anything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5-DnNsoA5Y

I dont except everyone to, I have no illusions about that. But while many may not agree, it does not make my assertion incorrect.

He has not served in the military, but I dont think that should be a requirement. Not having served in the military, should not be a precluder in my book.

We have had great presidents who had zero military experience. We have also had less-than-desirable ones who did have military experience. I agree that it is not a prerequisite in the slightest to the presidency.

However, respect for the military IS a prerequisite in my book. And I don't mean a feigned respect. This is where the individuals track record is invaluable.

Although there is no way to prove it one way or the other, I'm totally convinced that the disrespect for and resulting decimation of our military by President Clinton is a huge contributing factor to our weakened position globally. It is also a component of the perceived economic responsibility of the Clinton years, but resulted in increased spending just to bring our defense back up to grade. This is totally aside from Iraq.

This does not necessarily indicate a better policy vision. While I support long term base leases in Iraq, a continued local combat presence there is unwise and a hinderance to Iraq becoming an important ally in the region. We need to let them figure it out themselves from here.

You are right. We do need to move to a situation in Iraq that is comparable to post-WWII Europe (U.S. military presence-wise) and encourage them to nudge them towards self-sufficiency. It is a totally unprecedented situation, and the cultural differences make it additionally difficult.

Again, it is imperative that we have leadership that will solicit and heed the advise of our troops and command on the ground. Foreign policy must be incorporated into these actions, but it must be tempered in sound military policy.

Werbung:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsmasher
Obviously, MANY do not agree with your assessment.

But there's no reason to accept your assertion, because while it has endlessly been repeated by the appeaser left for five years, you give no arguments or facts to support it.

Quote:
Bush's experience was also limited to service in the air national guard

I already know that appeasers will agree to facts not inconvenient or devastating for their irrational positions. :rolleyes:

Quote:
even though that's a lot more than Obama

McCain's miltary experience is not limited to serving in the military, although that alone puts him light years ahead of Obama. McCain has served for years and years as head of the senate armed services committee, including chairman while the republicans were in power. Obama knows nothing in this area, just as with foreign policy.

Quote:
McCain's background in this area is vast.

This does not necessarily indicate a better policy vision.

Like saying just because you're a master electrician, that doesn't mean you know more about rewiring my house then I, whose experince is limited to changing flashlight batteries. :D

While I support long term base leases in Iraq, a continued local combat presence there is unwise and a hinderance to Iraq becoming an important ally in the region. We need to let them figure it out themselves from here.

Uh, do you EVER support your assertions with facts and logic, or do you always just put them out there like God handing down the Ten Commandments to Moses? :rolleyes:

Back