Who was the greater leader..Martin Luther or Malcomb X..

nobull

I thought I would get more feed back the first tme I wrote this..
I think Malcolm X was a greater leader than MLK. If I were African-American, he'd be my hero. Even being white, I like the guy.

"By any means necessary." That's my style.

He and MLK went in opposite directions during their lives. MLK preached peace, but in later years was a little more militant. Malcolm spent part of his life in jail, hating white people (except his white girlfriend), then got caught up in the Nation of Islam, which is really militant, but then mellowed after going to Mecca. And, finally, he even said that maybe white people weren't "devils" after all.

Malcolm X reinvented himself three times. First, when his early childhood innocence was lost when his father was murdered by white racists; second, when he discovered the Nation of Islam; and, third, in his last couple of years when he went to Africa and Mecca.

Most people are doing well if they reinvent themselves once. (And liberals shouldn't even bother trying to make sense of what it means to reinvent yourself, because it takes self-awareness and introspection.)

When MLK marched on Washinton, it was Malcolm X who said that if white America didn't deal with MLK, they would have to deal with him.

Now, three decades later, MLK's legacy has been totally corrupted by a liberal elite class that practices open and unabashed racism in his name, defaming anyone who doesn't goose-step to the fascist agenda of the liberal left - an agenda that is based on pandering to minorities in return for votes, while delivering nothing. Today, look around, and see how black history month means little more than bashing conservatives - a sign that the so-called black leadership is really liberal leadership. Today, liberals invoke MLK's name as they pander to minorities, as they bash Republicans, and as they keep blacks "in their place" by constantly reminding them how bad off they are, and how stacked against them the system is, and how they have no chance. This is what MLK died for. Clearly, MLK got in with the wrong crowd, because we have nothing to show for his work but a bunch of angry, spiteful people (black and white) invoking his name as they blame others for their problems. MLK cast his lot with the wrong crowd.

Consider the following sentiment: You can't wait around for white people to stop being racists, or for them or anyone else to give you permission to succeed or to be happy; instead, you need to take responsibility for your life; be happy, strive to succeed, and take note of who wants you to succeed and who is raining on your parade. When you do that, you will notice that it won't be just white people raining on your parade, and it won't be just black people wanting you to succeed. But, you won't realize this until you actually try to succeed. Have the courage to stand up for what you believe in, and to believe in yourself. Live a principled life, with integrity; embrace those - regardless of their color - who stand with you; and screw those who stand against you. But, don't obsess over the latter, because life is too short, and, in any event, the best revenge is success and happiness.

Now, who would have been more likely to express that sentiment? Malcolm X or MLK? There's no question it would have been Malcolm X. He was the one with the integrity, and it takes integrity to overcome adversity. MLK, in contrast, was much more of a politician, offering pablum to the masses. It sounded good, but it meant nothing - just like today's liberals.

Malcolm X was faithful to his wife. MLK chased women.

Malcolm X stood up to the highest authority in his world (Elijah Muhammed) and openly questioned him. (And that is probably what killed him.) MLK played politics.

And, as utterly ridiculous as the Nation of Islam is (and was), there is one little, peculiar thing about it that's quite fascinating. The story of Dr. Yacub is the first pro-black mythology that was offered to the black people in this country. Previously, blacks had to contend with the "white" mythology that whites were superior, that God was white, that blacks were ape-like, etc. But, the story of Dr. Yacub turned that completely on its head. MLK can talk about his ideal world all he wants, but that exists only in the intellectual realm. The "power of myth" on the other hand, goes deep to your core being. So, the idea of opposing a white mythology with a black mythology is a very powerful one. It's pretty damn hard to overcome deep-seated beliefs about oneself, and about the world, with idealistic notions about excellence and perseverance. But, the introduction of a new mythology, in contrast, operates at that core level, and, by clashing with, or opposing, the previous mythology, it acts to cancel it out, thereby liberating the intellect to consider the ideal notions of success, perseverance, integrity and accountability (oh, and happiness, too) in a more unhindered, unfettered world-view where the constant whisper of that once-negative mythology is now abated.

Malcolm X had that going for him. MLK did not.

MLK talked the talk; Malcolm X walked the walk.

Obviously, Malcolm X ended up being a Muslim, but no one's perfect. :)

My two cents, fwiw.

best regards
doug

Werbung:
Malcolm X he had more life experience and he wasn't afraid to upset others... Simply put he was no one's b1tch.

Malcolm X for me.

King, becuse X tried to scare evryone into equal rights, but did not see all races as equal himself...King changed the minds of many whites and got the most done...Had Kings efforts failed...then I would have moved to X's plan after....if I was black. But fighting racism with Racism does not change the mindset of race relations to anything positive overall...

Malcolm x was an anti-white racist and a common criminal. He spent world war two robbing the houses of white men fighting overseas.

Martin Luther king was an egomaniac and cheated on his wife, but he was light years preferable to malcolm x.

Malcolm x was an anti-white racist and a common criminal. He spent world war two robbing the houses of white men fighting overseas.

Martin Luther king was an egomaniac and cheated on his wife, but he was light years preferable to malcolm x.

I repeat..

Consider the following sentiment: You can't wait around for white people to stop being racists, or for them or anyone else to give you permission to succeed or to be happy; instead, you need to take responsibility for your life; be happy, strive to succeed, and take note of who wants you to succeed and who is raining on your parade. When you do that, you will notice that it won't be just white people raining on your parade, and it won't be just black people wanting you to succeed. But, you won't realize this until you actually try to succeed. Have the courage to stand up for what you believe in, and to believe in yourself. Live a principled life, with integrity; embrace those - regardless of their color - who stand with you; and screw those who stand against you. But, don't obsess over the latter, because life is too short, and, in any event, the best revenge is success and happiness.

Now, who would have been more likely to express that sentiment? Malcolm X or MLK? There's no question it would have been Malcolm X. He was the one with the integrity, and it takes integrity to overcome adversity. MLK, in contrast, was much more of a politician, offering pablum to the masses. It sounded good, but it meant nothing - just like today's liberals. JMHO..

doug

I repeat..

That malcolm the tenth did little more than stand up for anti-white racism has nothing to do with what you just said.

Now, who would have been more likely to express that sentiment? Malcolm X or MLK? There's no question it would have been Malcolm X. He was the one with the integrity, and it takes integrity to overcome adversity.

RACISM is evidence of integrity? Like saying being a mass murderer is evidence of a humane spirit.

MLK, in contrast, was much more of a politician, offering pablum to the masses. It sounded good, but it meant nothing - just like today's liberals.

Sheer nonsense - MLK did the hard, serious, issue-by-issue groundwork: the montgomery bus boycott, organizing that resulted in the voting rights act and the civil rights act of 1964, the "bloody sunday" march at selma that drastically changed public opinion - all this while malcolm was just standing on a street corner spouting racism and threats.

That malcolm the tenth did little more than stand up for anti-white racism has nothing to do with what you just said.

RACISM is evidence of integrity? Like saying being a mass murderer is evidence of a humane spirit.

Sheer nonsense - MLK did the hard, serious, issue-by-issue groundwork: the montgomery bus boycott, organizing that resulted in the voting rights act and the civil rights act of 1964, the "bloody sunday" march at selma that drastically changed public opinion - all this while malcolm was just standing on a street corner spouting racism and threats.

He was no more of a racist than the whites

He and MLK went in opposite directions during their lives. MLK preached peace, but in later years was a little more militant. Malcolm spent part of his life in jail, hating white people (except his white girlfriend), then got caught up in the Nation of Islam, which is really militant, but then mellowed after going to Mecca. And, finally, he even said that maybe white people weren't "devils" after all.

Malcolm X reinvented himself three times. First, when his early childhood innocence was lost when his father was murdered by white racists; second, when he discovered the Nation of Islam; and, third, in his last couple of years when he went to Africa and Mecca.

When MLK marched on Washinton, it was Malcolm X who said that if white America didn't deal with MLK, they would have to deal with him.

just sayin
doug

Werbung:
He was no more of a racist than the whites

What do you mean by "the whites"?? Some whites? All whites? How many whites do you know who have stood on the street corner and screamed racism about blacks? Your statement is absurd, but beyond that it's beside the point. You start out saying malcolm had "integrity", and now you've back-tracked to just putting an upper limit to his anti-white racism.

He and MLK went in opposite directions during their lives. MLK preached peace, but in later years was a little more militant. Malcolm spent part of his life in jail, hating white people (except his white girlfriend)

...naturally, those types always make an exception for white pussy.

then got caught up in the Nation of Islam, which is really militant, but then mellowed after going to Mecca. And, finally, he even said that maybe white people weren't "devils" after all.

So everyone should stand up and cheer for someone for whom his whole life achievement boils down to being a criminal and a racist, but late in life recanted the racism??? Sorry, I'll reserve my applause for the more deserving of it.

Malcolm X reinvented himself three times. First, when his early childhood innocence was lost when his father was murdered by white racists;

False - his father was run over by a street car. Naturally, blacks spread the rumor that the streetcar, which ran on a specific track at a constant speed in full visibility "was out to get him." :D

The US government could at any time have squashed X like an elephant stomping a gnat. Martin Luther King, on the other hand, changed many people's minds by his ideas.

Back