Why are religious people so obsessed with homosexuality?

Dawkinsrocks

You have to say, their obsession is bizarre

We all know that the most homophobic people tend to be homosexuals themselves and struggling to come to terms with it, like J Edgar Hoover for example

And we also know that these gay-but-struggling folk cite arcane biblical references that supposedly support their over-compensatory reaction.

But the bible says the sun goes round the earth. You don't hear that one quoted very often do you?
You don't see groups of wild eyed closet astronomers attacking astronomers who state that the earth goes round the sun

And those mad republican candidates who are also bible thumping religious fundamentalists, rarely quote that bit about the difficulties of a rich man getting into heaven do they?

No they don't. But they do rant and rave about homosexuals and it is hard to conclude anything other than they are homosexuals who are over compensating.

It is truly weird though how religion seems to attract so many of these angry sexuality-denyers isn't it? I suppose they like the idea of sitting on clouds naked with other guys playing harps and feeding each other.

Werbung:
You have to say, their obsession is bizarre

We all know that the most homophobic people tend to be homosexuals themselves and struggling to come to terms with it, like J Edgar Hoover for example

And we also know that these gay-but-struggling folk cite arcane biblical references that supposedly support their over-compensatory reaction.

But the bible says the sun goes round the earth. You don't hear that one quoted very often do you?
You don't see groups of wild eyed closet astronomers attacking astronomers who state that the earth goes round the sun

And those mad republican candidates who are also bible thumping religious fundamentalists, rarely quote that bit about the difficulties of a rich man getting into heaven do they?

No they don't. But they do rant and rave about homosexuals and it is hard to conclude anything other than they are homosexuals who are over compensating.

It is truly weird though how religion seems to attract so many of these angry sexuality-denyers isn't it? I suppose they like the idea of sitting on clouds naked with other guys playing harps and feeding each other.

Why must you condemn homosexuals? That is very un-liberal of you. Can't you keep an open mind about homosexuals? Why so intolerant?

To be tolerant of hate-fuelled lies that sucker people into impoverished lives is to condone it

That is why I am intolerant of religion.

My thoughts regarding the religious range from pity to contempt

And hatred for officers of religion like the pope

Hey you guys

I would say stop acting stupid but you aren't acting are you?

It is not homophobic to explain hostility to homosexuality in terms of frustration/guilt feelings about closet homosexuality on the part of the perp

And it is not homophobic to state that homosexuals who buy the BS of religion are stupid.

I couldn't care less about your sexuality. If you are religious you are a dick.

And there you have it folks. The "Tolerance" and "Inclusiveness" of the left. If you don't agree with me then you're a dick. Nice.

You seem to be confusing me with Buddah

Religion is a grotesque blight on humanity and to support such a ludicrous and pernicious approach to dominating and deceiving people implies that you are stupid (the victims) or vile ( the priesthood etc)

I can see why you wouldn't hate this kind of thing though as you fall into one of the above categories

Oh and btw take how you feel about Islam..that is how I feel about religion

Werbung:
Back