Why don't conservatives use leftwing methods - like econimc pressure?

No, I think all consenting adults should have access to marriage.

On what grounds would you deny marriage to taxpaying, consenting adult Americans? Marriage is a legal contract in US law, why should some people be denied this lawful contract and some not?
On what grounds would a restriction of rights be imposed on people who do not produce children together?

Werbung:
Equal protection means "equal protection". Marriage confers more than 1000 legal rights and responsibilities, it is a legal contract in US law and therefore should be available to all citizens.

The statement is simply not true. The original source of that is a computer search of the legal code and ever time the word marriage was mentioned it was assumed that it was mentioned in the context of giving married people a right - which is simply not the case.

However, marriage does infer some privileges on married people and those privileges should be re-examined to see if they are necessary for the upbringing of healthy children.

More than a million children have been raised by gay couples in this country and why shouldn't those children have the same security as offered to children of hetero couples?

99.9% of those children were produced by a man and a woman and the laws that govern those relationships were intended to give the children security.

There is no reason that I know of to deny gay people the right to marriage.
Except that a marriage license is not a right. It is a restriction if rights that comes with privileges. Marriage without a license however is a right and it is not restricted.

(For those who are wondering Mare will not talk with me which is why this is a one sided argument. Mare is doing a good job and ya gotta respect that)

Back