Why Prolong The Inevitable?

TruthSeeker

Let's face it. The United States economy is in the toilet. Bernanke and Obama and Geithner and all of the other money launderers and carpetbaggers in the Obamanista regime, are simply postponing the inevitable.

It really doesn't matter what political party comes out on top in 2012. It is too late to save the U.S. dollar, and it is too late for the Euro to be saved.

That is why I am going to vote for Barack Obama in 2012. Let Barry finish the job that he started. We, as a country, are at the edge of the cliff, looking down into the abyss. Let Barry finish leading us OVER the cliff.

Those of you in here who I have a lot of respect for.......GenSeneca, Rick, BigRob, and many others who have above-average intelligence, as well as integrity, courage, core values, and core beliefs.........know that what I am saying is true. Many of you have stated the same thing, either directly or indirectly.

Republicrats and Democans rule this country. Empty suits and blowhards reside in Washington, D.C., along with a scant handful of politicians who have the courage and integrity necessary to reverse course and try to save this once-great country.

Get ready, my friends. Hell is coming. Do the right thing, and worry about your families. Deep down, many of you know I am right.

VOTE FOR OBAMA IN 2012!

Werbung:
Let me guess, you're not a motivational speaker by trade. I sincerely hope that you never volunteer to work a suicide hotline.

Only in the world of a twisted leftist does $400 billion equal $1.6 trillion.

PFOS, get a new calculator.

The US is now where the Brits were at the end of the last world war.

A once great trading empire reduced to begging for money to keep the whole shyte show on the go.

As the UK needed the US survive then, the US will become a de facto chinese colony.

Comrade Stalin

Bury your head in the sand. Your family will love you for it, I'm sure.

Vote Obama in 2012. Your family will love you for it, I'm sure. On a serious note, the upcoming budget should tell us a lot. It'll be the first one entirely handled by the new GOP majority in the House. I wouldn't give up and vote Obama until we see how they handle it.

The US is now where the Brits were at the end of the last world war.

A once great trading empire reduced to begging for money to keep the whole shyte show on the go.

As the UK needed the US survive then, the US will become a de facto chinese colony.

Comrade Stalin

At last! We have common ground, Stalin! I agree with you!

Vote Obama in 2012. Your family will love you for it, I'm sure. On a serious note, the upcoming budget should tell us a lot. It'll be the first one entirely handled by the new GOP majority in the House. I wouldn't give up and vote Obama until we see how they handle it.

I am being serious Centrehalf. As for your "theory" of the upcoming budget, you act like it makes any difference that the U.S. House is controlled by the jellyfish RINOS. It makes no difference at all.

Whatever budget comes out of the House will be water-downed, bastardized, and compromised, because the leftists still control the U.S. Senate and the White House.

Owning one-third of something makes you a MINORITY "shareholder".

I didn't have you figured as an apocalyptic type. There's no doubt there are problems to be dealt with, but the reason I brought up the new members of Congress is because the debt and the deficit spending were one of a few issues that helped to put the newbies in office. They haven't even put out a budget of their own yet. Will they do what you want them to? There's a good chance that they won't, but these things take time. There's also a good chance that in 2012 even more new members of Congress will be elected specifically to get spending under control.

It should be an encouraging sign that the spending habits of Washington DC is now a big election issue, but if you don't want to give this new focus on public debt by the electorate the 2 or 3 election cycles (minimum) that it's going to take to really start to kick in, that's OK by me.

We've had spending problems in DC for awhile now. Now that a change in public opinion regarding debt has occured and is actually starting to effect the outcome of elections, you want to give up before it can really take full effect? That's OK, go ahead and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but don't call me out because I'm not the one quitting.

I didn't have you figured as an apocalyptic type. There's no doubt there are problems to be dealt with, but the reason I brought up the new members of Congress is because the debt and the deficit spending were one of a few issues that helped to put the newbies in office. They haven't even put out a budget of their own yet. Will they do what you want them to? There's a good chance that they won't, but these things take time. There's also a good chance that in 2012 even more new members of Congress will be elected specifically to get spending under control.

It should be an encouraging sign that the spending habits of Washington DC is now a big election issue, but if you don't want to give this new focus on public debt by the electorate the 2 or 3 election cycles (minimum) that it's going to take to really start to kick in, that's OK by me.

We've had spending problems in DC for awhile now. Now that a change in public opinion regarding debt has occured and is actually starting to effect the outcome of elections, you want to give up before it can really take full effect? That's OK, go ahead and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but don't call me out because I'm not the one quitting.

What you are not understanding is that this country does not have "2 or 3 election cycles" to get spending and national debt and devaluation of the U.S. dollar under control.

I don't see a whole lot of courage going on in D.C. I don't see massive spending cuts. I don't see any indications that the U.S. dollar is even slightly on solid ground. I don't see REAL unemployment going down. I don't see REAL inflation/cost of living going down. All I see are phoney government statistics, the media using the word "recession" in the past tense, housing values still going in the toilet, and most banks teetering on insolvency.

If you don't buy what I am selling, fine. That is your perogative. Truthfully, I really don't care who heeds my warnings. When this house of cards comes crashing down, those of us who are prepared will be the survivors. Everybody else will be standing in their living rooms, or in the streets, with their arms out and their palms up, saying "What the hell happened?"

I hate to be an I-told-you-so, but for 10 years and least, in this forum and others ( pockets has been there as well ) I have been predicting this based on the work of demographer Immanuel Todd, who in 1976 predicted the collapse of the Soviet Union more or less on target, and has done the same for the US.

Needless to say, the usual shrieks of america-hater followed.

"Todd attracted attention in 1976 when he predicted, at 25 years old, the fall of the Soviet Union, based on indicators such as increasing infant mortality rates. In the late 1970s Todd was widely pronounced "anti-communist", just as, following the publication of "After the Empire", he has been attacked as "anti-American".

He challenges these labels and describes himself as a historian and anthropologist first, and it was his concern as a historian rather than political passion that motivated him to write After the Empire. In late 2002 he believed that the world was about to repeat the same mistake that it had made in regards to the Soviet Union during the 1970s—misinterpreting an expansion in US military activity as a sign of its increasing power, when in fact this aggression masks a decline.[2]

Todd writes that the United States became an empire not by strategy but by accident, following the sudden collapse of its main adversary, the Soviet Union. With the globalization of investment, it then indulged in the luxury of conspicuous consumption using incoming capital while going deeper and deeper into debt. In reality America is like a crumbling Roman empire—overextended with excessive arms spending, inequality and disgruntlement at home.[2] To keep the rest of the world inline, and prevent its creditors calling in their debts, all America needs to do then was to wield a big stick.[1]

"The real America is too weak to take on anyone except military midgets," Todd states. This is why there is such hostility to such states as North Korea, Cuba, and Iraq, an underdeveloped country of 24 million exhausted by a decade of sanctions. Such "conflicts that represent little or no military risk" allowing a US presence throughout the world.[1] Further, the "theatrical media coverage...must not blind us to a fundamental reality: the size of the opponent chosen by the US is the true indicator of its current power".[2] Todd argues that America would be incapable of challenging a more powerful country.[1]

Todd argues that the "only one threat to global stability hangs over the world today—the United States itself, which was once a protector and is now a predator."[1]

Todd is above all a demographer, and he bases much of his opinion on statistical elements. Therefore Todd notes some disturbing American trends, such as rising stratification based on educational credentials, and the "obsolescence of unreformable political institutions."[3] Increasingly, the rest of the world is producing so that America can consume.[1]

Todd argues the risk to the United States is that its clumsy tactics could backfire by provoking a geostrategic realignment and alliance in Europe and Asia.[1] In the future the real power will rest with Europe. Todd suggests that Eurasia possesses the majority of global wealth and is able to work with other countries because it shares a universalist ethic that respects the rest of the world, including Arab and Muslim countries.[2] Europe will evolve into a united force and its protected industrial base will allow it to rapidly reestablish its military might. Over time, Europe's and Russia's cultural friendship will strengthen and the Cold War-era ties which bind the United States together with Europe will be severed because of the vast divide separating "European and American civilizations," which Todd calls "the emancipation of Europe".[4] If Europe, Russia and Japan draw closer as a result of the "drunken sailor" United States, then Washington will have achieved exactly the opposite of what it sought.[1]

Todd believes the U.S. should return to its nineteenth-century civilian, republican roots, and that Europe should also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_the_Empire:_The_Breakdown_of_the_American_Order

I totally agree - the US should get rid of the conceit that it is the world's policeman and economic locomotive of the world economy.

If you want to see what the US will be like in 2035, look at Russia now.

Comrade Stalin

What you are not understanding is that this country does not have "2 or 3 election cycles" to get spending and national debt and devaluation of the U.S. dollar under control.

I'd ask you to prove it, but I'm sure you've been asked to prove it already, so do you have a link to any previous threads where you've gone over this? I'll read them and then get back to you. I don't want to jump to any conclusions without having read your opinions in more detail.

I don't see a whole lot of courage going on in D.C. I don't see massive spending cuts. I don't see any indications that the U.S. dollar is even slightly on solid ground. I don't see REAL unemployment going down. I don't see REAL inflation/cost of living going down. All I see are phoney government statistics, the media using the word "recession" in the past tense, housing values still going in the toilet, and most banks teetering on insolvency.

All true, and all have happened before. We're still here.

If you don't buy what I am selling, fine. That is your perogative. Truthfully, I really don't care who heeds my warnings. When this house of cards comes crashing down, those of us who are prepared will be the survivors. Everybody else will be standing in their living rooms, or in the streets, with their arms out and their palms up, saying "What the hell happened?"

It's not that I'm not buying what you're selling. At first I thought this was just a troll thread prompted by boredom. Now that I know you're serious I'll go read your opinions in more detail. If you haven't put them up in more detail in the past then I'll come back here and ask you to explain some of your opinions in more depth. Does that sound good or do you still think I'm screwing with you in some way?

Werbung:
I'm afraid I must agree with your general conclusions. The US is facing some very serious problems. It is easy to over-react when times are bad; and I have made that mistake in the past. Predicting total collapse is a risky prophecy.

I also see many troubling indications of rough water ahead. It is difficult to know how deep the abyss really is. It certainly appears that everything Washington does only aggravates our problems. Our elected officials from both political parties seem to be like a herd of buffalo - blindly stampeding over the cliff.

And it is difficult to develop a strategy to protect yourself. Terms like "flight to quality", and "keeping your money in cash", are as risky as "throw all caution to the wind", or your philosophy of "let it all fall apart so we can get on with reconstructing the country".

I find it so ironic that everyone now believes China will be the next superpower. For so long it was axiomatic that every Communist country was doomed to failure. Our leaders still travel the globe preaching "Democracy is your savior". When Chinese leaders visit other countries, they tell government leaders to concentrate power into the hands of the strong and powerful. If you diffuse power into the hands of the ordinary citizens, you are only putting power into the hands of the fools.

So vote for Obama. Or don't vote for Obama. We buffaloes are already stampeding. And no political leader in sight seems to be smart enough to recognize that the cliff is located just ahead. (except Donald Trump!)

Back