Will Guam Tip Over And Capsize?

Centrehalf

Has anyone else seen this?

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/...-hank-johnson-guam-could-tip-over-and-capsize

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is afraid that the U.S. Territory of Guam is going to "tip over and capsize" due to overpopulation.

Johnson expressed his worries during a House Armed Services Committee hearing on the defense budget Thursday.

This happened about 6 weeks ago and I hadn't heard about it until today. I've already checked the Internet for some sort of explanation or clarification of Mr. Johnson's statement but didn't find anything except for a very weak statement from his office.

If someone else has already put this up I apologize.

Werbung:
Has anyone else seen this?

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/...-hank-johnson-guam-could-tip-over-and-capsize

This happened about 6 weeks ago and I hadn't heard about it until today. I've already checked the Internet for some sort of explanation or clarification of Mr. Johnson's statement but didn't find anything except for a very weak statement from his office.

If someone else has already put this up I apologize.

he men't did not mean it as in the island will flip over and drown evry one...he men't more like the tipping point of resources...such as peak oil and its tipping point With a small island you can only pack so many people on it and not strain its resources. ...I admit it was very funny sounding...and it does sound like that actually what he was saying if you don't try to think about the context and use some logic...I highly doubt a member of any side would think that the island would actually flip over or sink...but he was if you watch the video, talking about the environment impact on the island...

Just like Obama did not think there where 57 states, and McCain did not think there is a Afganistan Iraq Border.

I honestly didn't expect a reply explaining that Mr. Johnson didn't literally mean that Guam might tip over. What struck me about the video was that Mr. Johnson appeared to be having some serious trouble putting his thoughts into words. The man is college educated, served as a magistrate judge, was a successful attorney, and has served in politics for a few years now, obviously he's taken at least one Earth Sciences class.

My first thought while watching the video was that Mr. Johnson was under the influence. My concern is whether or not he's fit to conduct public business.

After looking for an explanation on the Net, another thing that became obvious was that this had not been reported much at all by the MSM. If a Republican had said the same thing, for any reason, they would have been dragged over the coals.

The fact that there was no response from his people along the lines of "It was just a joke" made me wonder what's going on with Mr. Johnson.

I honestly didn't expect a reply explaining that Mr. Johnson didn't literally mean that Guam might tip over. What struck me about the video was that Mr. Johnson appeared to be having some serious trouble putting his thoughts into words. The man is college educated, served as a magistrate judge, was a successful attorney, and has served in politics for a few years now, obviously he's taken at least one Earth Sciences class.

My first thought while watching the video was that Mr. Johnson was under the influence. My concern is whether or not he's fit to conduct public business.

After looking for an explanation on the Net, another thing that became obvious was that this had not been reported much at all by the MSM. If a Republican had said the same thing, for any reason, they would have been dragged over the coals.

The fact that there was no response from his people along the lines of "It was just a joke" made me wonder what's going on with Mr. Johnson.

I will give you that listening to him talk , did make one think he was a bit slow or something..but he is from GA and they tend to talk like that , very slow...and makes me think they all sound that way. Here in the cold north, we learn to speak fast, get to the point, so we can get back into the warm! in the south they do evrything slow, talking for sure ( ok not driving)

http://www.videosurf.com/video/the-...ally-tip-over-'-congressman-recants-130058089
form MSNBC..

Mathues on msnbc later "MATTHEWS: So, what does a person make of that exchange? The congressman went on by the way, quite a while, asking about the size of the island, before making that incredible statement. He could have looked up those facts.

But then he says he‘s worried, the congressman is worried that the island might turn over, like it‘s a raft or something. And this guy‘s representing people in Congress. I don‘t know what to make of this one. " on JAn 27th

but the fact is , he is a nobody congressmen...republican or dem...no one outside his district really cares...thus its not much of a story...plus as I stated...the logical belife is that he did not realy think the island would tip over ...thus its not much of a story....unless its on fox, then who cares what logic says....How long did MSNBC talk about McCain's scew up on the Iraq Afganistan thing? I don't even recall if they said more then 30 sec on it, if that...I could be wrong though.
the fact he has not said anything like this since that I know of, makes me think it was what he said...now if this was a evry few months issue then yea you got to look at it...

Werbung:
I will give you that listening to him talk , did make one think he was a bit slow or something..but he is from GA and they tend to talk like that , very slow...and makes me think they all sound that way. Here in the cold north, we learn to speak fast, get to the point, so we can get back into the warm! in the south they do evrything slow, talking for sure ( ok not driving)

http://www.videosurf.com/video/the-...ally-tip-over-'-congressman-recants-130058089
form MSNBC..

Mathues on msnbc later "MATTHEWS: So, what does a person make of that exchange? The congressman went on by the way, quite a while, asking about the size of the island, before making that incredible statement. He could have looked up those facts.

But then he says he‘s worried, the congressman is worried that the island might turn over, like it‘s a raft or something. And this guy‘s representing people in Congress. I don‘t know what to make of this one. " on JAn 27th

but the fact is , he is a nobody congressmen...republican or dem...no one outside his district really cares...thus its not much of a story...plus as I stated...the logical belife is that he did not realy think the island would tip over ...thus its not much of a story....unless its on fox, then who cares what logic says....How long did MSNBC talk about McCain's scew up on the Iraq Afganistan thing? I don't even recall if they said more then 30 sec on it, if that...I could be wrong though.
the fact he has not said anything like this since that I know of, makes me think it was what he said...now if this was a evry few months issue then yea you got to look at it...

The queen of excuses strikes again.

Liberals NEVER do anything wrong. It's always an "accident" or a "mistake" or a "misquote" or a "bad day" or a "personal matter" or a "lapse in judgment" or one of dozens of other excuses as to why liberal politicians SCREW UP (and are rarely held responsible for it).

You know you're scraping the bottom of the septic tank when you resort to quoting Chris Matthews.

Back