Wisc state Supreme Court reinstates Gov. Walker's collective bargaining law

Little-Acorn

Finally Wisconsin's laws about public-workers unions collective bargaining, matches those of most other states. It's about time.

Now if only the Democrats in the Wisconsin legislature would flee the state again... and this time, stay out long enough for Gov. Walker to appoint replacements.

-------------------------------

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/123859034.html

Supreme Court reinstates collective bargaining law

by Patrick Marley and Don Walker of the Journal Sentinel
Updated: June 14, 2011 5:32 p.m.

The (Wisconsin) state Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated Gov. Scott Walker's plan to all but end collective bargaining for tens of thousands of public workers.

Acting with unusual speed, the state Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated Gov. Scott Walker's plan to all but end collective bargaining for tens of thousands of public workers.

The court found a committee of lawmakers was not subject to the state's open meetings law, and so did not violate that law when they hastily approved the measure and made it possible for the Senate to take it up. In doing so, the Supreme Court overruled a Dane County judge who had struck down the legislation, ending one challenge to the law even as new challenges are likely to emerge.

The majority opinion was by Justices Michael Gableman, David Prosser, Patience Roggensack and Annette Ziegler. The other three justices - Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson and Justices Ann Walsh Bradley and N. Patrick Crooks - concurred in part and dissented in part.

The opinion voided all orders in the case from the lower court. It came just before 5 p.m., sparing Republicans who control the Legislature from taking up the contentious issue of collective bargaining again.

The court ruled that Dane County Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi's ruling, which had held up implementation of the collective bargaining law, was void ab initio, or invalid from the outset.

Werbung:
Oh garsh! My stars and little planets!!! Does this mean the government drones can't be rich anymore??? Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

Democrats are wasting their time to take this to U.S Supreme court. Just like the Arizona illegal immingration law backfired on the Obama admin. Just like Obamacare gonna be overturned by the U.S Supreme court.

As usual, POS is careful not to read the judges' opinions, where the people who made the decision explained why they made it...

Why am I not surprised?

"They inappropriately use this court's original jurisdiction, make their own findings of fact, mischaracterize the parties' arguments, misinterpret statutes, minimize (if not eliminate) Wisconsin's constitutional guarantees, and misstate case law, appearing to silently overrule case law dating back to at least 1891,"

From some of the dissenting judges.

Went to a rally for the Riverside CA public workers Unions today. Looked all over for those parasites that bleed the public dry with their massive pensions and giant government givaways. Turns out they have all been living check to check, taking mandatory furloughs. pension cuts and pay cuts. The managers, though, have the state of CA paying their pensions and benefits, and the the main county manager has a garanteed pension ot 220K per annum to go with his 250K salary. This doesn't factor in other perks. The ave pension for the rank and file is $17,500. this includes police, firemen, county nurses, clerks and office workers, sanitation et al. These are the people who are killing the economy? Not one that I met made more than $55,000 which is crap in CA

Went to a rally for the Riverside CA public workers Unions today. Looked all over for those parasites that bleed the public dry with their massive pensions and giant government givaways. Turns out they have all been living check to check, taking mandatory furloughs. pension cuts and pay cuts. The managers, though, have the state of CA paying their pensions and benefits, and the the main county manager has a garanteed pension ot 220K per annum to go with his 250K salary. This doesn't factor in other perks. The ave pension for the rank and file is $17,500. this includes police, firemen, county nurses, clerks and office workers, sanitation et al. These are the people who are killing the economy? Not one that I met made more than $55,000 which is crap in CA

The $17,500 claim is fictrion, and in any case doesn't include the spectacular health care benefit value. Even with such a defined benefit plan, which they get whether the stock market goes up or down, they are way ahead of private scetor workers with their 401ks, for which such pensions are a distant fading memory.

The $17,500 claim is fictrion, and in any case doesn't include the spectacular health care benefit value. Even with such a defined benefit plan, which they get whether the stock market goes up or down, they are way ahead of private scetor workers with their 401ks, for which such pensions are a distant fading memory.
Ok, now I know you don't know what your talking about. The county workers in Riverside have to pay for insurance (about 450 per mo for a crappy plan). Calpeers sucks, I know my ex wife worked for the county. Their deferred comp pays a whooping 3% with no matching funds. I am Teamster, she used my health and optical and I used her dental to pay half what mine wouldn't pay. With a college education she never made $50,000 after being there 15 years.When she retires she might get a discount on her health ins until she qualifies for medicare. Now, if you want to know what KFI and Clearchannel radio are griping about, it might be the contracts the managers have. Rick, you don't know a thing over what you heard on TV and the radio.

What I saw in the graph was an underfunded program that paid half that much, you combined both plans. 3/5 ths of the employees make less than $30,000 in pension and little health ins. Some pay extra into other plans like deferred comp and make more because they paid in more. The rank and file teachers are included in with school officials who run the ave up. Also, the teachers are just one part of the system and each county pays differently. Go to one of the rallys and find those mystery teachers or office workers who make that money, my guess is those guys are in an office near the top floor making reservations at Sevilla or tapas and wine.

how is meeting to vote on a bill...not part of the open meetings law?
When the meeting is being held by the same group of people who make the fruggin' laws.

Anyway, the item was published in the legislature's agenda well in advance. Everybody is moaning because they say, "yea, but I didn't know they were going to talk about my paycheck".

Just an attempted legal maneuver that didn't meet muster with the SC.:D

Werbung:
What I saw in the graph was an underfunded program

It's underfunded, because out-of-work californians have been looted for decades to enrich over-compensated state workers, and pay for the millions of illegal alien invaders their leftwing politician friends have imported into the state, and because they've driven away business by making california the most anti-business state in the country.

that paid half that much, you combined both plans.

Incoherent.

3/5 ths of the employees make less than $30,000 in pension and little health ins.

Like saying the class average is a "C", but half got a lesser grade. I will get around to other rich workers - california teachers make an average salary of about $65,000 for nine months work. The "little health insurance" claimis fiction.

Back