With Cain gone, Democrats preparing to go after Newt next

Little-Acorn

Remember back when Gingrich was Speaker of the House in the 1990s? Rep. David Bonior (D-MI) was detached from his normal House job and assigned full-time to digging through Gingrich's life and bringing charges against him. Bonior eventually filed some 75 charges against the Speaker. All were quickly thrown out as baseless, except one concerning a history class Gingrich had taught, and had paid for in part with tax-free funds. Bonior's complaint was that some of the information in the class could have been used in a political campaign, which would make it an improper use of tax-free funds. Gingrich was reprimanded by the House, and fined $300,000. A few years after he paid the fine, the IRS ruled that there were no improprieties in the tax status of the funds.

Sounds like now Nancy Pelosi, who was apparently on the investigative committee, is planning to dust off those old files and start using them against Gingrich. But not right away - she wants to wait until "the time is right", she says.

My guess is she doesn't want to use it right away, to knock Newt out of the Republican primary and leave Romney as the only leading candidate when the primaries start. Instead, she seems to want to wait until Gingrich gets the Republican nomination (if he does), and THEN use it to try to ensure an Obama victory.

I'm so glad for this "most ethical and transparent administration in history" she promised us, aren't you?

---------------------------------------------

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rmation-about-gingrich-when-the-time-is-right

Pelosi: I’ll reveal information on Gingrich 'when the time is right'

By Alicia M. Cohn - 12/05/11 11:44 AM ET

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is holding back some information on Republican Newt Gingrich that could detract from his presidential campaign, according to a report published Monday.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi told Talking Points Memo. “When the time is right. … I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him, four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff."

Gingrich, who served as Speaker of the House, worked with Pelosi in Congress from 1987 to 1999. Pelosi also served on the ethics committee that investigated Gingrich for tax cheating and campaign finance violations in the late ’90s.

Werbung:
This is no surprise at all. From the start of the (R) primary run, it has seemed to me that most of the left wanted the (R) nominee to be Romney.

Any party should look real hard at the one their opposition wants to win, and seriously consider if that is the right candidate to put up.

oh my ! Noot has the last laugh

Newt Gingrich said that a threat from ex-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to disclose information she learned while serving on an ethics committee investigating him during his time as Speaker of the House would "totally abuse the ethics process" and violate rules of the House of Representatives.

"I want to thank Speaker Pelosi for what I regard as an early Christmas gift," Gingrich said at a press conference in Manhattan Monday.

Gingrich denounced the threat from Pelosi, who is now the minority leader in the House, as "a fundamental violation of the rules of the House," and said that if Pelosi were to disclose details of the investigation, it would expose the "tainted ethics process the House was engaged in." He also called for the House to condemn Pelosi if she were to reveal anything from the ethics probe.Pelosi told Talking Points Memo that she would reveal damaging material about Gingrich "when the time is right."

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi said. “When the time is right. … I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him, four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff."

Pelosi served on the ethics committee that sanctioned Gingrich for violating tax law and lying to an investigative panel when he claimed tax-exempt status for a college course he ran for political purposes. Gingrich agreed to a $300,000 fine and admitted that he submitted inaccurate statements to the committee, but maintained Monday that the majority of the charges "were repudiated as false."

Gingrich said that Pelosi's suggestion that she would reveal information from that investigation underscored that the ethics charges were politically motivated.

"It tells you how capriciously political that committee was," Gingrich said.

images

Its funny you think its the Dems...no it can't be other republicans who want to win, its a big happy love you all like family party right? I mean really they don't even want to win, they just want to cheer the leader in the polls on!

Quit blaming the liberals and the Liberal Media for the fact you have so many Crap Candidates. The LIberal Media and Democrats did not make Cain a Idiot.

This is no surprise at all. From the start of the (R) primary run, it has seemed to me that most of the left wanted the (R) nominee to be Romney.

Any party should look real hard at the one their opposition wants to win, and seriously consider if that is the right candidate to put up.

No we want Bachmann...We just accept Mitt as the likey winner...

the Only one I can stand even though I totally disagree on most issues is Huntsmen...who you guys can't vote for..because he is sane and smart.

Its funny you think its the Dems...no it can't be other republicans who want to win, its a big happy love you all like family party right? I mean really they don't even want to win, they just want to cheer the leader in the polls on!

Quit blaming the liberals and the Liberal Media for the fact you have so many Crap Candidates. The LIberal Media and Democrats did not make Cain a Idiot.

did you notice who the OP is about ?
are you aware that Princess was on the ethics committee that looked into Noot ?
now if the GOP is clever enough to coax Princess into this then I'm impressed.

besides every candidate including the Donald is a better choice than Obama. my dog is a better candidate but she's not old enough even in dog years.

Werbung:
did you notice who the OP is about ?
are you aware that Princess was on the ethics committee that looked into Noot ?
now if the GOP is clever enough to coax Princess into this then I'm impressed.

besides every candidate including the Donald is a better choice than Obama. my dog is a better candidate but she's not old enough even in dog years.

thats nice, how nice of you to talk about stuff I never mentioned or cared about.

Back