Would Sanders Dropping Out Make a Difference

Reddie

I read an article earlier which claims that if Sanders was out, Trump wouldn't be making any meaningful gains against Clinton. The writers ignore the fact that the IG's report has given the Republicans more ammo they'll use against her.

Does it matter if Sanders drops out now or loses later? How can Clinton redeem herself?

Werbung:
It's preferable that he stay in through the convention if for no other reason that it requires her to spend to no effect.
She loses either way as her marketing skills are nonexistent.

Sanders makes Clinton look much worse that people thought in the past, I think...Ever since he joined the race there's so much scandalous rumors and truths about her spreading like wildfire, that it makes Sanders gain credibility by default. I don't know if these expose' articles were timed strategically, but with Sanders in the equation, Clinton's tactics now seem devoid of essence.
But we can't turn back time now. The rift in the Democrat party is already there and done, as is the equivalent rift in the Republican party brought on by Trump.

Bottomline, I don't think that if Sanders quits the Democrat demographics will back Clinton at all, so him quitting won't do much, as I see it.

Sanders makes Clinton look much worse that people thought in the past, I think...Ever since he joined the race there's so much scandalous rumors and truths about her spreading like wildfire, that it makes Sanders gain credibility by default. I don't know if these expose' articles were timed strategically, but with Sanders in the equation, Clinton's tactics now seem devoid of essence.
But we can't turn back time now. The rift in the Democrat party is already there and done, as is the equivalent rift in the Republican party brought on by Trump.

Bottomline, I don't think that if Sanders quits the Democrat demographics will back Clinton at all, so him quitting won't do much, as I see it.
Yup. Stay or go those who can't stomach HRC will not gain that ability.

The rift in the Democrat party is already there and done, as is the equivalent rift in the Republican party brought on by Trump.
What if Clinton chooses a leftist as her running mate? Would that sort of unite the Democrats?

What if Bernie ends up being Clinton's running mate?

I'm pretty sure you just described their backup plan. It would help no arguements there, but I don't know how many people would "buy" that sort of alliance.
Sanders once expressed that if he loses he'll support Clinton all the way, so your statement is actually a very plausible scenario. However these two have some very fundamental ideological differences, so I don't know if they'd get along very well...unless deep down both of them are the same.

What if Clinton chooses a leftist as her running mate? Would that sort of unite the Democrats?

I doubt either one want to share the ticket. I REALLY doubt Sanders supporters can support hrc regardless of what Sanders says. Turnout suffers and potentially flip.
Everyone knows they get more of the same with hrc. More of the same won't do.

If she did choose him then it would help her cause. I think Sanders is a reasonable man and would prefer Clinton over Trump as President, therefore it would be the sensible thing to do.

The question now is how to keep Trump out, and even Sanders can see that is the main problem. He's running to appease his supporters, but there is a bigger picture here now; the best person to keep Trump out, and Sanders isn't that man.

The question now is how to keep Trump out, and even Sanders can see that is the main problem. He's running to appease his supporters, but there is a bigger picture here now; the best person to keep Trump out, and Sanders isn't that man.

Sanders is that man, however, I continue to wonder why people ignore the abject lack of values that Trump has. If our society has become so amoral, and ignorant, as to elect this lying coward, then perhaps it is time for her to cease to exist, and let a more deserving country appear.

Noah Webster: "The moral principles and precepts contained in the scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws. . . All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible."

Werbung:
Sanders should not drop out even if it would make a difference. Better qualified people dropping out instead of standing up to their adversaries is part of the reason we get the lesser of two evil situation. I would like to see some of the people on both sides of the aisle continue on as very loud and note worthy independent contenders all the way to the general election.

Back