Would you be against deferments for a Draft???

LooseChange

It's like this. When we have our draft which is more likely here in the future would anyone in this country who loves it enough get a deferment to avoid the draft? I would like to know on what some of you think of this potential quandary? I know for those who would apply for one you better have a damn good REASON for not participating.:mad:

Werbung:
It's like this. When we have our draft which is more likely here in the future would anyone in this country who loves it enough get a deferment to avoid the draft? I would like to know on what some of you think of this potential quandary? I know for those who would apply for one you better have a damn good REASON for not participating.:mad:

Why do you say it is likely we will have a draft here soon?

I'm really torn about this subject; during the late 60's - 70's I was very anti-draft and so many of my brothers/aunts/uncles/cousins/friends went-served and came a mental mess {some didn't come back at all} but that was another war with no REASON and highly costly for America too!

I'm not sure, I would support a 'no-clause' draft where the people that couldn't support the military mindset would be forced into participation...the malcontents just make it harder to follow the rules and boot camp so why force their negative attitude onto all of the others that would gladly serve {do their time}:confused:

You might have a point if the military actually supported a draft... but they don't.

well if a major conflict came up right now, say a land war in Iran with the US...I could see the need for a draft, we don't have the manpower for it . And the Military does not want it ...now...but when they don't have the troops to fight a war, they are not going to turn away from the option.

that said, if it was a war worth fighting, I would join before I had to worry about drafted most likely ( assuming I am able to due to age or what ever since we don't know when it would be) but I feel no problem trying to get out of a war of no meaning like Vietnam was...Fact is Vietnam fell and, yet America was never in danger from the evil commies of N. Vietnam even after they won. Iraq was stupid idea, with worse planning....but at least there was some real reason some could worry about him and Iraqs effect on US Security.

well if a major conflict came up right now, say a land war in Iran with the US...I could see the need for a draft, we don't have the manpower for it . And the Military does not want it ...now...but when they don't have the troops to fight a war, they are not going to turn away from the option.

that said, if it was a war worth fighting, I would join before I had to worry about drafted most likely ( assuming I am able to due to age or what ever since we don't know when it would be) but I feel no problem trying to get out of a war of no meaning like Vietnam was...Fact is Vietnam fell and, yet America was never in danger from the evil commies of N. Vietnam even after they won. Iraq was stupid idea, with worse planning....but at least there was some real reason some could worry about him and Iraqs effect on US Security.

Iran could be defeated in a war with the current forces we have available in the region. An occupation of Iran would present the problem. Since no one is talking about such an option, that argument is void.

Further, the military does not get to decide what is a "good" war. They do what they are told.

Iran could be defeated in a war with the current forces we have available in the region. An occupation of Iran would present the problem. Since no one is talking about such an option, that argument is void.

Further, the military does not get to decide what is a "good" war. They do what they are told.

first, where do you get those troops from? Iraq? Korea? Afganistan?

2nd, no one was talking about occuping Iraq in 1999 as well, yet it happened ( I could say afganistan but we in fact where talking about it then) point is we are talking about a random future conflict that could in fact need more troops then we have.

And I did not say the military picks what is a good war or not, I am saying I can choose what war I would choose to support though.

first, where do you get those troops from? Iraq? Korea? Afganistan?

2nd, no one was talking about occuping Iraq in 1999 as well, yet it happened ( I could say afganistan but we in fact where talking about it then) point is we are talking about a random future conflict that could in fact need more troops then we have.

And I did not say the military picks what is a good war or not, I am saying I can choose what war I would choose to support though.

You would have to speed up deployments again, but you could use a lot of the soldiers already in Iraq, as well as air and sea power in the Gulf to win a conventional war.

Werbung:
I am tired of your blatant stupidity.
Hey....you're the one, stupid-enough, to suggest we could Win, in Iran!!!!!

249.gif

"We're lucky that, for the time being anyway, we're fighting Iraq and not Iran because Iran is four times as big as Iraq and we're having enough trouble with the little country."

image1304134g.jpg

Back