Would you rather have the government giving you internet service than cable or phone companies?

steveox

Yes i would. It would be part of our taxes. Like the communication taxes you pay for satelite and phone service to be used to provide everyone internet service. I rather have the government giving the people this service then those greedy business people who are serving it like Cable company,Direct TV and your local phone company.

Werbung:
Give ? Government ?
No thanks. A little too unconstitutional for me.
Unless you volunteer your labor at where you work, its silly to complain about greedy companies.

Why not? No more paying for greedy services. Look how high Comcast cable is with net service. $60 a month!!
http://beta.coastalcourier.com/archives/28637/

You see if Government gives you cable service its cheaper its already paid for so everyone can have it no more saying how people cant afford it.

who is going to pay for it ? taxpayers ?
and when has government ever operated efficiently/cheaply ?
no, there is already too much regulation of cable (which is running up the cost).
if you cant afford it then don't get it. if more people just said no the prices would come down. but you have to start by saying no to movies, they cost far too much and not just at the theater, tv revenue is factored into it. Brad Pitt isnt worth 20 million to watch for 90 minutes.

Tell what im i paying Communication taxes for? Wheres my money going towards to? I dont want to pay for teachers unions and school budgets. I want communication taxes go towards free internet service so everyone can hook up the net without paying extra.

Why not? No more paying for greedy services. Look how high Comcast cable is with net service. $60 a month!!

You see if Government gives you cable service its cheaper its already paid for so everyone can have it no more saying how people cant afford it.

Internet providers are a joke. They sign up dramatically more people than they have the capacity to sustain -- promising speeds "up to X mbs" (which you never get).

The solution is not a government solution Steve -- the solution is to actually have some competition in the market -- as most areas there is simply 1 cable provider (and maybe dish)

Well it makes your money tight when companies charge you at an high rate.Look at insurance a good example how they rip you off. My state representive told me its not the government making the insurance industry charging you an higher rate its the CEOs and the insurance policy makers. Look at car insurance. Why you think they raise your rates after a speeding ticket? Its not the police and the state telling them raise your rates its the policy guys doing it. So why cant the government let the person decide whatever he wants to get insurance or not. If people dont buy insurance they would make rates resonable and affrorable.

Well it makes your money tight when companies charge you at an high rate.Look at insurance a good example how they rip you off. My state representive told me its not the government making the insurance industry charging you an higher rate its the CEOs and the insurance policy makers. Look at car insurance. Why you think they raise your rates after a speeding ticket? Its not the police and the state telling them raise your rates its the policy guys doing it. So why cant the government let the person decide whatever he wants to get insurance or not. If people dont buy insurance they would make rates resonable and affrorable.

Do you support Obamacare Steve?

Not Obamacare but Heathcare in your state. States have differant healthcare. Watch the Movie John Q and youll understand all about corperate HMOs

If the gov gave internet service then it would surely cost more.

But more importantly the power to give is also the power to take away. The gov already wants to shut down sites that it disagrees with. If they were the provider then censorship and coercion would be the flavor of the day everyday. Additionally, whenever the gov operates something it competes unfairly with the private sector by making laws that give itself an advantage.

So,,, Answer my question,, Tell what im i paying Communication taxes for? Wheres my money going towards to?

I don't think there is any guarantee that your tax is being used for anything at all related to communication nor that you would even approve of the use nor that it is even a constitutional use.

And you would give these clowns even MORE control over your life?

I don't think there is any guarantee that your tax is being used for anything at all related to communication nor that you would even approve of the use nor that it is even a constitutional use.

And you would give these clowns even MORE control over your life?

what he said

I wouldn't mention this idea at a Tea Party gathering.

Werbung:
Internet providers charging a communicatins tax? Not unless they are required to, and I don't think they are. Not yet anyway.

Back