Wow! Corruption is Starting to Get Boring

GBFan

A single television station has been granted a significant exception to the Federal Communications Commission’s upcoming broadcast spectrum overhaul — a station whose operators made joint campaign contributions to a key lawmaker with oversight authority over the FCC.

House Energy & Commerce Committee Ranking Democrat Henry Waxman — who oversees the FCC — received more than $12,000 in campaign contributions from three television executives in danger of losing broadcast rights after their company missed a crucial agency deadline. The company was subsequently granted the sole exception to the FCC’s rule.

“The timing of the campaign donations is very suspicious,” a source at the FCC familiar with the spectrum deliberations told The Daily Caller. “It appears that you can buy special favors from the FCC worth millions of dollars by giving money to Democrats. Would the result have been the same if the company’s executives were Republican donors? I doubt it.”

Werbung:
I suspect there is a lot more of this kind of thing going on....one reason lobbyists are so disliked.

I suspect there is a lot more of this kind of thing going on....one reason lobbyists are so disliked.

Why do you blame the lobbyist? Shouldn't you blame the politician? He's the one who sold his soul.

A politician must not have scruples about money. To take other’s money inspires confidence in one’s constituency, for a politician who cannot be bribed, cannot be trusted. In the buying and selling of political influence, bribery adds the commercial appeal of being certain of one’s man; and a politician with a head for business will turn a good profit from selling his office many times over for there is nothing more costly than a favor.

This administration is no worse than Nixons, or Florida's current governor, etc.
I think you're wrong ... I think this administration is orders of magnitude more corrupt than any in recent history.

Werbung:
Obama is no worse than the previous several regimes. Bush, and his administration lied to people. Thousands died. No comparison.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush used the IRS as a clandestine organization to cower political opponents.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush circumvented the Constitution in order to implement programs the public was opposed to.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush sold weapons to our enemy.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush used the DOJ for selective prosecution.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush bribed and extorted Congress in order to get his signature legislation passed.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush used the power of his office to interfere and influence local prosecutions.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush committed acts of cowardice, and as a result, forfeited military gains.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush promised something and failed to deliver.

Perhaps you can tell me where Bush drew a 'red line' in the sand and then didn't even have the political wherewithal to back it up.

Perhaps you can tell me .... oh, never mind ... you can't. And, you refuse to look at this president objectively.

Back