Wrong man was executed in Texas, probe says

Werbung:
This shows that it's about time that the death penalty was abolished . It doesn't work fairly, and miscarriages of justice like this happen.
The death penalty does not reduce crime or make us safer . Every U.S. state without it has a LOWER murder rate than those which do.
The death penalty was apolished long ago in every European nation, and their murder rates don't even come remote to
ours.
Life imprisonment actually costs less than exectuting some one, because of th e lengthy appeals . And it's anything but
a picnic .

You seem to be suggesting that having the death penalty has a correlation to increased murder rates. I disagree 100%. I also think it is tragic that some are wrongly executed. There is no more tragic case of government carelessness. I am however all for the death penalty. The victim deserves justice. And YES, I feel death is justice, so does the Supreme Court. However I am deeply troubled by the number of cases of innocents have been executed in Texas. I am far more troubled however that efforts to confirm guilt of those on death row are not a more urgent issue for the state. I feel that only the most provable cases and most horrible criminals should be executed. Like the two men that tied up and burned those two teenage girls. Absolutely guilty beyond any doubt and absolutely should die. Because those young girls deserve justice!!! Many will not agree. I except that. God bless Texas!

I agree,,,But whats more harsher punishment for you live in hell? Youre gonna die? Or live the rest of your life in solitary confinement til the day GOD takes you? Moby,,You couldnt stand live 10-30 or even 50 years in solitary confinement. You dont read or watch TV. You dont get to see your family or friends. You dont get to talk to anybody. Youre there in your cell. You can bathe,Eat,Drink,Shave and shit. Thats all you get til the day you die. Plus you get no air cond or heating in your cell. Yes youll go crazy and insane. Thats your punishment for murding someone.

Werbung:
Steveox I agree a system like a Tibet prison where no human contact is permitted is a much worse fate. But realistically this will never happen in the United States. And yes, almost all prisoners under these conditions do go insane. I would have no problem with such a system for the most evil of criminals here. But we have that 8th amendment thing. If we really wanted to get mid-evil have them paralyzed, blinded, blow out their ears, cut their vocal cords and keep them alive stacked like fire wood with IV fluids. They'd be cheaper to house and care for. But that's sadistic. For now, in our current system, execution is the ultimate punishment as prison has cable TV, gyms, a social structure, and hot food. With a few exceptions most every one on death row wants to get life without parole. If money were no object, a bunch of Supermax prisons would be nice. But that will never happen here. But we think a like in this regard.

Back