You don't need to carry a gun personally, police will protect you

Little-Acorn

At least, that's what a lot of anti-gun-rights people will tell you while making the argument that "Nobody needs a gun", or "Nobody need such-and-such kind of gun", etc.

I'd like to see them explain that to the woman in this story.

Oops, too late. Well, maybe next time, eh?

------------------------

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/12/Guarded-by-police-woman-slain/UPI-56821258073017/

Guarded by police, woman slain

Published: Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Investigators were trying to determine Thursday how a man got into a woman's apartment and killed her while police stood watch outside, Los Angeles police said.

Police at the scene shot the attacker but not before he fatally stabbed the woman, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The woman, whose identity had not been disclosed late Thursday, had gone to a police station to file a domestic abuse complaint Wednesday night. Officers who specialize in domestic abuse cases talked with her and brought her back to her home, the newspaper said.

The officers saw the woman into her apartment and checked to be sure the man she accused in the complaint was not there, police said. The officers left the apartment but decided to wait outside in their car, keeping watch for a sign of the suspect.

Investigators think the man got into the apartment through a rear window, a police source told the newspaper.

Officers heard the woman scream and rushed into the apartment to find the attacker stabbing her. Police shot the attacker and both he and the woman were rushed to a hospital where they died.

Werbung:
At least, that's what a lot of anti-gun-rights people will tell you while making the argument that "Nobody needs a gun", or "Nobody need such-and-such kind of gun", etc.

I'd like to see them explain that to the woman in this story.

Oops, too late. Well, maybe next time, eh?

------------------------

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/12/Guarded-by-police-woman-slain/UPI-56821258073017/

Guarded by police, woman slain

Published: Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Investigators were trying to determine Thursday how a man got into a woman's apartment and killed her while police stood watch outside, Los Angeles police said.

Police at the scene shot the attacker but not before he fatally stabbed the woman, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The woman, whose identity had not been disclosed late Thursday, had gone to a police station to file a domestic abuse complaint Wednesday night. Officers who specialize in domestic abuse cases talked with her and brought her back to her home, the newspaper said.

The officers saw the woman into her apartment and checked to be sure the man she accused in the complaint was not there, police said. The officers left the apartment but decided to wait outside in their car, keeping watch for a sign of the suspect.

Investigators think the man got into the apartment through a rear window, a police source told the newspaper.

Officers heard the woman scream and rushed into the apartment to find the attacker stabbing her. Police shot the attacker and both he and the woman were rushed to a hospital where they died.

Well what did you expect its in Los Angeles.....I mean come on even if you did carry a gun on your person you would be out gunned by the local gang bangers and drug dealers so it wouldn't make a difference either way.

Werbung:
oddly I don't own a gun, don't walk around with a gun, and don't fear the world so much I think I need one all the time like some....and yet I live on, and have never once had a time where it would have even been close to needed....
There was one time I needed a gun and a couple of times where it could have been the case save for luck. Now if you feel that owning or carrying a gun is not necessary, there are no laws that require it, thus it is your prerogative. However, it is not your prerogative to demand that I do not carry a gun if that is your hidden agenda.
Not all of us wear rose colored glasses, live in gated communities or have door men at our apartment entrance.

Back