You Fail Econ 101

Gipper

...if you are a liberal.

Their heads are full of lies and foolishness. The Great Ronald Reagan said it best, "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so." No truer words have ever been spoken...

Who is better informed about the policy choices facing the country—liberals, conservatives or libertarians? According to a Zogby International survey that I write about in the May issue of Econ Journal Watch, the answer is unequivocal: The left flunks Econ 101.

Zogby researcher Zeljka Buturovic and I considered the 4,835 respondents’ (all American adults) answers to eight survey questions about basic economics. We also asked the respondents about their political leanings: progressive/very liberal; liberal; moderate; conservative; very conservative; and libertarian.

Rather than focusing on whether respondents answered a question correctly, we instead looked at whether they answered incorrectly. A response was counted as incorrect only if it was flatly unenlightened.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/...est-conservative-and-libertarians-score-best/

Werbung:
The debt Reagan ran up was far too big but there is much to show for it. But his debt over 8 years is penny's compared to obama's debt in 8 months. And what it gained is a great deal compared to the nothing obama has to show for his spending.

Both though spent far too much

what did he have to show? And please none of that Bull that he won the cold war...he did not...He cut taxes, spent more, and then raised taxes when he got smart enough to notice his tax cuts...did nothing he said they would ...VODOO

and yea, all Obama did was possibly stop the US from losing its whole Auto Industry...( by the way, you notice how much of that is paid back? and how those jobs where not lost?) You see the great problem Obama has is...the only way for you to figure out what he did and how it was needed...was to watch what happened if he did nothing....Watch GM fail, Crysler, all the jobs and companies that made the parts, the services....the failed Econ of towns and cities that needed them...the jobs of those who served those who worked for those companies....Unemployment at a nice 15%+?

Or the health care bill ...you know where unlike any of the others before him, he actually did something ..flawed, yes, but something to actually fix this piece of crap we called a medical system. One that says, you have the right to life...so long as your insurance company dems you worthy. or you have the right job...or did not lose your job....or did not try to start a company...or where sick before....or got to sick........

But I guess he could have tried to build a Useless space laser that did not work, armed Iran, traded guns for hostages, and waged a war on the civilians of south America...who he made sure forced to watch Elected leaders overtaken by US backed Dictators, and then the populations killed by death squads..Flowering speeches about Freedom and Democracy...soaked in Latin Blood...Because Economics was more important then both of those things..

and yea, all Obama did was possibly stop the US from losing its whole Auto Industry...

I have to get ready for work so I can not reply to your whole post but just quickly, he bailed out his union buddies with our money, he did not save the auto industry. Ford never took his stinking money and Ford is doing just fine.

and the joke about GM paying back the money? Do you not realize they paid back bail out money with more bail out money?

Don't feed the liberals Pandy, it just makes them more lazy.

They complain about Reagan's budget, yet BO's is exponentially worse, but that is okay cause BO is a lib....crazy I know. Plus they know nothing of the Constitution which empowers congress to set the budget. But I digress...

To a DF liberal, economics is very simple. It is taking from the productive (they call them rich fat cats, pigs, and bourgeoisie) to give to the unproductive until there are no more productive.

That is liberal econ 101.

People like POS usually mention Reagan and tell a few lies about him, when they run into a subject where they can't refute the bad things said about their agenda, and want to divert the subject.

Back to the subject:
Modern liberals' weird ideas about economics, as exposed by this poll, are more then just an oddity. They are the core of their philosophy, and are the fundamental difference between conservatism and modern liberalism. Liberals feel that using government to "help" people has more beneficial effects than bad effects... a conclusion they come to after ignoring most of the bad effects. Conservatives believe the opposite: That using government to "help" people has more bad effects than good... and that the bad effects tend to increase with time and discourage people from doing good things (like working hard and being self-sufficient).

As a result, liberals (in both parties) tend to grow government more and more, and have it take over more and more of people's formerly-private activity. The current administration is a prime example, with its "saving of companies too big to fail", its takeover of Health Care, etc. Conservatives, when placed in a situation where government is as big and intrusive as it is today, tend to try to strip programs and authority away from it, in an attempt to prune it down to the size where it does only the things private people or grous CANNOT do.

This poll is quite a landmark, actually. It identifies the fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals, as clearly as I've ever seen it done. And it does it with their own words: people identifying themselves as liberal, also provided the answers to economic questions farther from reality than the people who identified themselves as conservative to various degrees.

Pretty hard for liberals to do thewir usual whining of "It's not so, you cheated, bogus poll" etc., when they are the ones who provided ALL the answers to the questions they were asked.

But I'm confident they will try anyway. That, or elect the more-frequently used response of ignoring it completely, just as they chronically ignore the bad results of their programs.

I'ld like to also point out that Reagan had liberals running the house and senate while in Office. Yet he still was able to get much accomplished, now for those on the left that wanna talk about being bipartisan maybe they should go back and take some notes.

I have to get ready for work so I can not reply to your whole post but just quickly, he bailed out his union buddies with our money, he did not save the auto industry. Ford never took his stinking money and Ford is doing just fine.

and the joke about GM paying back the money? Do you not realize they paid back bail out money with more bail out money?

Thats because Ford was not going under...you do know that Its a different company right? GM and Chrysler would be gone with no bail out...Many of the companies that Ford uses for parts..also would go down or loss huge amounts and have to cut back in huge amounts do to loss of them.

Werbung:
People like POS usually mention Reagan and tell a few lies about him, when they run into a subject where they can't refute the bad things said about their agenda, and want to divert the subject.

Back to the subject:
Modern liberals' weird ideas about economics, as exposed by this poll, are more then just an oddity. They are the core of their philosophy, and are the fundamental difference between conservatism and modern liberalism. Liberals feel that using government to "help" people has more beneficial effects than bad effects... a conclusion they come to after ignoring most of the bad effects. Conservatives believe the opposite: That using government to "help" people has more bad effects than good... and that the bad effects tend to increase with time and discourage people from doing good things (like working hard and being self-sufficient).

As a result, liberals (in both parties) tend to grow government more and more, and have it take over more and more of people's formerly-private activity. The current administration is a prime example, with its "saving of companies too big to fail", its takeover of Health Care, etc. Conservatives, when placed in a situation where government is as big and intrusive as it is today, tend to try to strip programs and authority away from it, in an attempt to prune it down to the size where it does only the things private people or grous CANNOT do.

This poll is quite a landmark, actually. It identifies the fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals, as clearly as I've ever seen it done. And it does it with their own words: people identifying themselves as liberal, also provided the answers to economic questions farther from reality than the people who identified themselves as conservative to various degrees.

Pretty hard for liberals to do thewir usual whining of "It's not so, you cheated, bogus poll" etc., when they are the ones who provided ALL the answers to the questions they were asked.

But I'm confident they will try anyway. That, or elect the more-frequently used response of ignoring it completely, just as they chronically ignore the bad results of their programs.

Well said LA. The poll does expose liberals for their foolishness in believing big and bigger government as the answer when it has failed every time.

Libs always believe capitalism and the private sector are never to be trusted while the government is much more trustworthy. They fear business while loving the heavy handed, wasteful, and ineffective acts of big government. Big government has always shown itself as UNSUSTAINABLE and UNJUST. Yet, this is completely ignored by libs.

Our thread some months back on the "Costliest War" (the war on poverty) points out liberals inability to comprehend the failure of their beliefs.

Back