Your Crazy DNC...

cynic.

The people have spoken, votes tallied, and the will of the voters has been implemented.

Of course I'm speaking of the members of the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee and not the people of Florida or Michigan.

To quote Harold Ickes, "...now that's what I call democracy."

If I didn't watch the hearings myself, I wouldn't believe that the DNC was so out of touch with reality. Good luck in November!

Werbung:
The people have spoken, votes tallied, and the will of the voters has been implemented.

Of course I'm speaking of the members of the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee and not the people of Florida or Michigan.

To quote Harold Ickes, "...now that's what I call democracy."

If I didn't watch the hearings myself, I wouldn't believe that the DNC was so out of touch with reality. Good luck in November!
it was politics at its best---the art of compromise.

I just happen to believe the compromise was the wrong one. I believe this because core principles like fair reflection are never open to compromise.

would you care to share what you think about the meeting and your reasoning?:rolleyes:

it was politics at its best---the art of compromise.

I just happen to believe the compromise was the wrong one. I believe this because core principles like fair reflection are never open to compromise.

would you care to share what you think about the meeting and your reasoning?:rolleyes:
There is no "fair reflection" when a delegate can come in and void a vote cast by an individual. The entire process is corrupt.

The meeting was political posturing from both campaigns. Very entertaining. The 'events' in Florida and Michigan came with agreed upon terms by all involved.

Then these terms were changed after voters were told months ago that their votes would not count for the Democratic nominee... (we all know the story...) Now they care that their voice is heard? And Obama wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan... so give him 10 less pledged delegates. In my opinion, this is a compromise which does nothing but shows that the DNC is confused, frightened, and disconnected.

Overall, I was suprised that there was even a meeting at all. This should have been a time to talk about how not to let this happen again, but what is done is done this year. Abide by your own rules and imposed sanctions.

I know what kinda Democracy has rules to how the votes work, and who wins the election? wait all of them

Florida and MI decided not to follow the rules, thus should be happy we count them at all, let alone give them half a vote.
Clinton cries because she is forced to follow the same rules she agreed to and had no problem with when the election started...but now she needs them changed to win, so her supporters call it unfair..
Her Supporters use Enron math as well
"she has more popular vote" really? Is that counting Michigan where Obama was not even on the Ballot?
Opps and forget all the Caucus states aka States Obama did very well in thus not not worth counting.
I hope she cries again when she has officially lost..then starts going to , its do to sexism....

It’s bad enough that they have to give Obama the uncommitted votes even though many of them were for Edwards, Biden and Richardson (the other 3 who were not on the ballot) Just for fun they had to take 4 of Hillary’s delegates

I know what kinda Democracy has rules to how the votes work, and who wins the election? wait all of them

Florida and MI decided not to follow the rules, thus should be happy we count them at all, let alone give them half a vote.
Clinton cries because she is forced to follow the same rules she agreed to and had no problem with when the election started...but now she needs them changed to win, so her supporters call it unfair..
Her Supporters use Enron math as well
"she has more popular vote" really? Is that counting Michigan where Obama was not even on the Ballot?
Opps and forget all the Caucus states aka States Obama did very well in thus not not worth counting.
I hope she cries again when she has officially lost..then starts going to , its do to sexism....

You are absolutely correct. The thing the Obama bashers never want to admit is the original facts that precede all other debate...

A) Michigan (and Florida) were well aware that if they broke the established rules for primary dates THEIR DELEGATES WOULD NOT BE SEATED. THE VOTE IN THEIR STATES WOULD NOT COUNT.

B) THE VOTERS OF SAID STATES WERE ALSO TOLD IN ADVANCE OF THE PRIMARIES THEIR VOTES WOULD NOT BE COUNTED.

C) The candidates themselves signed pledges NOT TO EVEN CAMPAIGN in these 2 states because THEIR DELEGATES WOULD NOT BE SEATED AND THE VOTE WOULD NOT BE COUNTED.

D) Several candidates EVEN TOOK THEIR NAMES OFF THE BALLOT ENTIRELY.

So in what world does any tabulation on any of this constitute an honest open election. How many people just didn't vote because they were officially told before hand... If you vote it still won't count? That's like posting in the paper THE SEARS SALE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR THIS WEEKEND HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY CANCELLED... and then have the sale just for those that might happen to show up!

But in the end the DNC did work for the interest of Party unity... by finding a way to seat all the delegates with only a one half vote each penalty. There is no stealing of anything let alone delegates. THE ORIGINAL RULING WAS ZERO, NODDA, NOTHING... you've been completely stripped.

What happened in the end was these states were actually given back all of their delegates and were only docked half of their overall convention voting strength... even after freely admitting they did indeed break established Party Rules.

To not dock these states in someway would have been tantamount to punishing the other 48 states that played by the rules.

Good for the DNC to stand on principle and OVERALL fairness!

You are absolutely correct. The thing the Obama bashers never want to admit is the original facts that precede all other debate...

A) Michigan (and Florida) were well aware that if they broke the established rules for primary dates THEIR DELEGATES WOULD NOT BE SEATED. THE VOTE IN THEIR STATES WOULD NOT COUNT.

B) THE VOTERS OF SAID STATES WERE ALSO TOLD IN ADVANCE OF THE PRIMARIES THEIR VOTES WOULD NOT BE COUNTED.

C) The candidates themselves signed pledges NOT TO EVEN CAMPAIGN in these 2 states because THEIR DELEGATES WOULD NOT BE SEATED AND THE VOTE WOULD NOT BE COUNTED.

D) Several candidates EVEN TOOK THEIR NAMES OFF THE BALLOT ENTIRELY.

So in what world does any tabulation on any of this constitute an honest open election. How many people just didn't vote because they were officially told before hand... If you vote it still won't count? That's like posting in the paper THE SEARS SALE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR THIS WEEKEND HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY CANCELLED... and then have the sale just for those that might happen to show up!

But in the end the DNC did work for the interest of Party unity... by finding a way to seat all the delegates with only a one half vote each penalty. There is no stealing of anything let alone delegates. THE ORIGINAL RULING WAS ZERO, NODDA, NOTHING... you've been completely stripped.

What happened in the end was these states were actually given back all of their delegates and were only docked half of their overall convention voting strength... even after freely admitting they did indeed break established Party Rules.

To not dock these states in someway would have been tantamount to punishing the other 48 states that played by the rules.

Good for the DNC to stand on principle and OVERALL fairness!

Obama his happy he said with the results from Michigan. He was able to get every vote that was cast for him under uncommitted, and he was able to get all of Biden’s votes and he was able to get all of Richardson’s votes and he was able to get all of Edwards votes and then he reached over and snagged 4 of Hillary’s delegates. He is very pleased with himself, with the party and with the solution.

He said “This solution works, Michigan had to be punished for not abiding with the DNC rules”.
So……….his solution to punish Michigan is to snag every vote even the ones not intended for him and stealing 4 of Hillary’s delegates. I think that is so funny, even he admits he himself is a punishment.

Dang it is to bad that Chris Dodd, Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich did not take thier names off of the ballot too, think of how many more votes he would have been able to STEAL

yes he stole the votes...Wait He was not even on the ballot....but then you want them to count them the way the vote was done...even though Obama was not even on the ballot so we should act like Clinton earned all her votes in a Fair Election? I would have told Florida and MI, they can take a Hike. They made the bed they lie in.

FLorida should be banned for voting ever again. in fact, lets blow up the border and push it out into the ocean and hope it sinks...or floats to Cuba.

The main upshot of this farce continues to be that McCain should be able to win both of these states. :)

yes he stole the votes...Wait He was not even on the ballot....but then you want them to count them the way the vote was done...even though Obama was not even on the ballot so we should act like Clinton earned all her votes in a Fair Election? I would have told Florida and MI, they can take a Hike. They made the bed they lie in.

FLorida should be banned for voting ever again. in fact, lets blow up the border and push it out into the ocean and hope it sinks...or floats to Cuba.

And no I think it was fair enough that Obama got every uncommitted vote. They were not all for him but it was the strangest situation, so ok give him every uncommitted that would be all of his and all of 2 other candidates. I like that idea and have no issues with it, but when he had to take 4 of Hillary’s delegates also, that was just to much.

The people of Florida and MI did not do anything wrong, it was their government that did something wrong, it is not right to hurt the people for what the government did. Don’t pay the people in charge for a year or dock their pay, fire them or what ever but don’t punish the people.

Why should Florida be banned from voting?

Ok, so Michigan and Florida's votes were not to be included in the primaries because they did not go by the rules. Please help me understand why the following processes occurred:

1. Why did people vote in those states when they knew their votes would not be included?
  2. Why did the news media cover those primaries as if they were valid like all the other state's primaries?
Sorry if I appear to be a nimno. It just doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

Ok, so Michigan and Florida's votes were not to be included in the primaries because they did not go by the rules. Please help me understand why the following processes occurred:

1. Why did people vote in those states when they knew their votes would not be included?
  2. Why did the news media cover those primaries as if they were valid like all the other state's primaries?
Sorry if I appear to be a nimno. It just doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

I think the people refused to believe they would be punished for what their representatives did, and I think the news saw a story and covered it.

Werbung:
And no I think it was fair enough that Obama got every uncommitted vote. They were not all for him but it was the strangest situation, so ok give him every uncommitted that would be all of his and all of 2 other candidates. I like that idea and have no issues with it, but when he had to take 4 of Hillary’s delegates also, that was just to much.

The people of Florida and MI did not do anything wrong, it was their government that did something wrong, it is not right to hurt the people for what the government did. Don’t pay the people in charge for a year or dock their pay, fire them or what ever but don’t punish the people.

Why should Florida be banned from voting?

It was not there goverment, it was there Party that screwed up. They could have stoped it, but nooo they wanted to feel special and be early. They did not stand up, and they can pay the price. Sorry but you cant have the State party break the rules and then say well you can do that all you want, we dont want to hurt the people only picked you to lead, supported your idea, and I am guessing if its anything like my party, voted to do it. Thats the , Liberal Bleeding heart crap I hate about some Liberals, Tough crap. YOu made you bed, now lie in it.

And as for Florida? come on now, you must watch the news...they have Screwed up something in every Election since 2000 ( most likely before that even) The state on both sides must be run with a collective IQ of like 70. Voters who cant vote because they have the same name as someone else who cant? Voters who can't vote because they committed a felony, even after the courts tell the state it can't do that. Can't figure out how to count a vote. Put machines the next time but no one knows how they work making it so countless can't vote or have to wait even longer. Then they are not even sure those worked right. Now they move there party vote up, even though they know its against the laws, they cry like little school girls when the rules they knew about are actually enforced on them. Just wait, in the 2008 Election, Florida will screw something up, you know it.

Back