$3.7 Trillion!!!

Not likely. It might be theoretically possible, but it is not politically possible.

Yes, many times. Mostly, it was made possible by increased income.

Yes, absolutely. Both parties are telling us what they think we want to hear. The truth is that the country is deep in debt, and that it is going to take some sacrifices to get out. No one wants to hear that, and neither side will address the real issues.

And, in the US, what increases government revenue the best?

Werbung:
Budget? The Republicans only know how to cut the non-military budget. Social programs? What are social programs? We do not need publicly funded social programs like: education, health care, infrastructure, safety, etc. If you and your family would just work "hard" (i.e. economically rape those less fortunate than you) and pass your money down generation to generation you would be able to afford to pay for all those social programs yourselves. That is unless those crazy Liberals make you pay taxes, taxes that would be used to fund ALL those unnecessary public social programs. All we really need according to Republicans is the strongest military in the world and private corporations that they own running the rest of society...

Attachments

• RNC BUDGET CUTTERS.jpg
    RNC BUDGET CUTTERS.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3
What are social programs? We do not need publicly funded social programs like: education, health care, infrastructure, safety, etc. ...

Perhaps what you really mean is discretionary spending ?
Education is a local matter.
Healthcare is a private matter.
Infrastructure at the national level is the interstate highway system which has its own revenue stream (albeit generally squandered.
Safety at the national level is the military and Homeland Security. Neither discretionary.

What conservatives would like to see is unconstitutional spending. But since liberals and G Bush II have bolluxed up the entitlements, some corrective action is required as they are eating the country alive representing >50% of spending.

Werbung:
Absolutely, and talking about cutting a few million here or there simply isn't going to do it. The whole budget needs to be scrutinized, including the untouchable parts: military spending and social programs.

And that still isn't going to bring us to fiscal sanity until we face up to the tax issue:

Tax bills in 2009 at lowest level since 1950
Wrong again my pot smoking friend.

I know you want to raise taxes on productive Americans so that their property can be redistributed to the unproductive. But, that is NOT the answer.

The answer is cutting government spending dramatically. No need to raise taxes.

Sorry my liberal Obama loving friend, but you are wrong again.
super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon[1].gif

HAVE NO FEAR....THE CAVALRY'S HERE!!!!!
tumblr_mhp7ghh1es1s2jx30o1_1280[1].jpg
youtheman[1].gif

Back