Anti-bullying proponent goes on a bullying rant

dogtowner

Staff member
for those of you who think there is no war on Christianity

At a high school journalism conference this moron shows his colors. Students were expecting a talk on anti-bullying instead get a demonstration.

A group of high school journalism students attending a conference called “Journalism on the Edge” in Seattle over the weekend felt they were pushed over the edge by syndicated sex advice columnist Dan Savage.

Savage, the creator of the two-year-old It Gets Better Project, which encourages teens struggling with same-sex attractions to embrace homosexuality, was invited to give a keynote address last Friday at the JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention.

Students were expecting him to talk about bullying. But they also got an earful about birth control, sex, and Savage’s opinions on the Bible.

A 17-year-old from California who was attending with half a dozen other students from her high school yearbook staff, was one of several students to walk out in the middle of Savage’s speech.

Werbung:
A little more on that same story..Apparently this guy has no sense for the ironic:
As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”
The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”
He was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying at the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association.
It just goes to show that most of this anti-bullying activism isn’t so much about bullying as it’s about silencing those the bullying activists disagree with. Or, put another way, it’s about classifying speech/actions they disagree with as bullying in order to outlaw it.
Really, they’re ok with bullying, as long as you’re bullying the right people.

A little more on that same story..Apparently this guy has no sense for the ironic:
As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”
The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”
He was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying at the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association.
It just goes to show that most of this anti-bullying activism isn’t so much about bullying as it’s about silencing those the bullying activists disagree with. Or, put another way, it’s about classifying speech/actions they disagree with as bullying in order to outlaw it.

or its always ok to treat Christians any vile way you please because they have it coming.

Walking out of class will go on your permit record. Just like Kids back in 60s walked out class to protest against the vietnam war. It went on their permit record.

I agree .....
Once again, the agenda of the sick liberal mind is exposed for what it is. This campaign about bullying has never been about bullying. In reality, it is a campaign to end the Freedom of Speech of those who do not adhere to the ideologies of their disease!

Walking out of class will go on your permit record. Just like Kids back in 60s walked out class to protest against the vietnam war. It went on their permit record.

not a class, a lecture at a conference. if this clown did this in a school setting cops would have been called on him.

I agree .....
Once again, the agenda of the sick liberal mind is exposed for what it is. This campaign about bullying has never been about bullying. In reality, it is a campaign to end the Freedom of Speech of those who do not adhere to the ideologies of their disease!
I wanted to clarify in my comment the "disease" I was referring to was the disease of liberalism. I was not referring to homosexuality.

The real ones to fear are the so-called "experts" about homosexuality who do nothing but spread lies, disinformation and
obfuscation and foster intolerance of and hatred of gay people and paranoid fear of them.
Disgusting homophobic bigots and pathological liars such as Matt Barber, Peter la Barbera, Pat Robertson,and their ilk .
La Barbera is th ehead of the vile hate group "Americans For Truth About Homosexuality ".
The name of this horrible organization could not be more misleading and dishonest . This is like Nazis having an
organization caled "Germans for truth about Jews and Judaism ". Americans for truth does anything but tell the truth .
It portrays gay people as evil ,perverted monsters hwo lie in wait for innocent and unssupecting young people in order to
seduce them and "make" them homosexual . And that the majority of homosexual men are guilty of molesting
children, which is blatantly untrue. In fact, far more children are molested by HETEROSEXUALS than homosexuals .
Americans for "truth" spreads wildly exaggerated and misleading rumors about homosexuals living "shortened" lives because of their homosexuality , despite the fact that there are plenty of middle-aged to elderly gay men in perfectly good health .
Not to mention the utterly false notion that homosexuals can be "helped" to become heterosexual , despite the fact that this is only
true of some of them from religious backgrounds who have been hoodwinked into thinking that they can "change"
their sexual orientation .
And that homosexuals suffer from depression . Some do, but not because of their homosexuality . It's the way they are treated
by society and family which causes this .
Dan Savage is absolutely right to speak out forthrightly against th ermapant homophobia in America .
By the way, I'm not gay myself . I'm just disgusted by bigotry toward gay people .

The real ones to fear are the so-called "experts" about homosexuality who do nothing but spread lies, disinformation and
obfuscation and foster intolerance of and hatred of gay people and paranoid fear of them.
Disgusting homophobic bigots and pathological liars such as Matt Barber, Peter la Barbera, Pat Robertson,and their ilk .
La Barbera is th ehead of the vile hate group "Americans For Truth About Homosexuality ".
The name of this horrible organization could not be more misleading and dishonest . This is like Nazis having an
organization caled "Germans for truth about Jews and Judaism ". Americans for truth does anything but tell the truth .
It portrays gay people as evil ,perverted monsters hwo lie in wait for innocent and unssupecting young people in order to
seduce them and "make" them homosexual . And that the majority of homosexual men are guilty of molesting
children, which is blatantly untrue. In fact, far more children are molested by HETEROSEXUALS than homosexuals .
Americans for "truth" spreads wildly exaggerated and misleading rumors about homosexuals living "shortened" lives because of their homosexuality , despite the fact that there are plenty of middle-aged to elderly gay men in perfectly good health .
Not to mention the utterly false notion that homosexuals can be "helped" to become heterosexual , despite the fact that this is only
true of some of them from religious backgrounds who have been hoodwinked into thinking that they can "change"
their sexual orientation .
And that homosexuals suffer from depression . Some do, but not because of their homosexuality . It's the way they are treated
by society and family which causes this .
Dan Savage is absolutely right to speak out forthrightly against th ermapant homophobia in America .
By the way, I'm not gay myself . I'm just disgusted by bigotry toward gay people .

Dan Savage is free to say whatever he wishes in this country thanks to his 1st Amendment right. The point is he makes a terribly inappropriate use of that right to bully students at a confrence geared to combat student bullying.

Hope you enjoyed your tangent.

Well good for you.

Are you also disgusted about bigotry toward Christians or is THAT kind of bigotry okay in your book?

Spoken like a true liberal. Bigotry is unacceptable, unless of course, it's your bigotry towards others who do not suffer from liberalism! Then it's simply progressive thinking. Liberals ... Go Figure!

well well good points. its not bigotry Bob is against, its only certain flavors of it.

so Bob what are acceptable forms ? inquiring minds want to know.

I don't hate Christians, and I'm not opposed to Christianity per se. I DO dislike SOME Christians, but not because of their religion.
I dislike these people because they are so appallingly ignorant, narrow-minded,intolerant and self-righteous.
Why are they so obsessed with what other people do in private in their bedrooms ? What business of this is theirs ?
Who appointed them official U.S. busybodies with the right to stick their slimy little noses into other people's sex lives ?
It certainly wasn't God. I'm not bigoted against Christians or Christianity , and have no problem with Christians who are sane,
reational and tolerant people. But unfortunately, there don't seem to be many of these left in America .
Today, so many Christians in America are a bunch of arrogant , self-righteous ,prudish, puritanical busybodies who
think that they have the right to tell other people what they may or may not do in private , and think that they have a monopoly on vitue and truth .
Even worse, these Christians want to force the U.S. government to make repressive laws which would interfere with the freedom of other people
based on their rigid and dogmatic religious beliefs and criminalize things which are absolutely no business of any government anywhere .

Werbung:
I don't hate Christians, and I'm not opposed to Christianity per se. I DO dislike SOME Christians, but not because of their religion.
I dislike these people because they are so appallingly ignorant, narrow-minded,intolerant and self-righteous.
Why are they so obsessed with what other people do in private in their bedrooms ? What business of this is theirs ?
Who appointed them official U.S. busybodies with the right to stick their slimy little noses into other people's sex lives ?
It certainly wasn't God. I'm not bigoted against Christians or Christianity , and have no problem with Christians who are sane,
reational and tolerant people. But unfortunately, there don't seem to be many of these left in America .
Today, so many Christians in America are a bunch of arrogant , self-righteous ,prudish, puritanical busybodies who
think that they have the right to tell other people what they may or may not do in private , and think that they have a monopoly on vitue and truth .
Even worse, these Christians want to force the U.S. government to make repressive laws which would interfere with the freedom of other people
based on their rigid and dogmatic religious beliefs and criminalize things which are absolutely no business of any government anywhere .

these same busybodies were used by Lincoln to persue the Civil War.

and you do seem to be against their religion since it calls for them to point out sin that they may lead people to Christ. So how is it that that you are the arbiter of what is "Christians who are sane, reational (rational ?) and tolerant people" ? further why is tolerant acceptable ? is sin tolerable ? ever ? sometimes ? and whio decides ? you again ?

to date efforts to criminalize based on strictly religious grounds have been stopped or reversed when found so your posturing seems unnecessary. good old 1st Amendment doing it's job with establishment and freedom aspects.

hate to say it but you do seem quite bigoted as you support a ban on free exercise. luckily we are protected from those who feel as you do.

Back