1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Applebee's Waitress Fired For Sharing God message online. Does she have a case?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by steveox, Feb 1, 2013.

1. steveox

steveox Well-Known Member

Applebee's Waitress Fired For Sharing 'I Give God 10%' Tip Receipt

Be careful what you post on Reddit. It may just get you canned.

Earlier this week, an Applebee’s waitress posted a photo on Reddit of a receipt from an alleged pastor who, instead of leaving the suggested 18 percent tip, wrote “I give God 10%, why should you get 18.” Now, after the bill went viral, Applebee's has fired the waitress, according to Consumerist.

“I thought the note was insulting, but it was also comical," the waitress, whose name is Chelsea, told Consumerist. "I posted it to Reddit because I thought other users would find it entertaining."
    Apparently once the receipt hit the Internet, the supposed pastor forgot the Golden Rule of “love thy neighbor” and called the Applebee’s where Chelsea works to demand that she and all management involved be fired.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...receipt_n_2591794.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

I think she should file a 10 million dollar lawsuit against applebees. Lets see whast the jury says about it. I think her first admendment right was violated.

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    quite the asshole of God he is

3. steveox

steveox Well-Known Member

I Dunno about that

4. cashmcall

cashmcall Well-Known Member

if happened the way it's posted..the pastor is a jerk...

5. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

yes, the pastor is a jerk. but the waitress was foolish to publicly defame him.

that being said there is a website to alert other service people of bad customers. pretty much the same thing.

that being said, kind of depends on where the firing took place. in Virginia you can be let go with or without cause but its not like that everywhere.