Are Federal Employees becoming Targets?

LooseChange

I think speaking as an employee of the federal government myself I'm a little worried about some of us who work for the Feds might become the victim of violence simply because of who we work for. Today for instance there was a report of a Census Taker supposedly hanged in the back woods of Kentucky with the word FED scrawled across his chest. Now I don't the exact details or even if it has to do with his job as a Census taker but it's incidents like this that scare the crap out of me. I mean just last week a USPS mail carrier was shot in the back of the head while delivering the mail in Cincinnati Ohio. I don't know the whole story on that one but with all this anti-government sediment out there and if people are that upset at the government then why take it out on those whose only job is to serve the people. I mean I'm not going to say which government entity I work for but we do have contact with the average citizen on a daily basis and I mean this job helps to put food on my table and clothes on my family's back. It's not worth getting killed over and if someone out there feels that strongly about the U.S. Government then all I can say is that I am sorry but please don't kill me for whomever is in the White House. We as federal employees are only doing the people's work and while some of you may hate us that does not however give you the right to kill us. I have a family too and they love me just as much as yours would love you.:confused:

Werbung:
I doubt it. The census takers are supposedly ACORN people anyhow I thought,
and not direct federal employees.

I think speaking as an employee of the federal government myself I'm a little worried about some of us who work for the Feds might become the victim of violence simply because of who we work for. Today for instance there was a report of a Census Taker supposedly hanged in the back woods of Kentucky with the word FED scrawled across his chest. Now I don't the exact details or even if it has to do with his job as a Census taker but it's incidents like this that scare the crap out of me. I mean just last week a USPS mail carrier was shot in the back of the head while delivering the mail in Cincinnati Ohio. I don't know the whole story on that one but with all this anti-government sediment out there and if people are that upset at the government then why take it out on those whose only job is to serve the people. I mean I'm not going to say which government entity I work for but we do have contact with the average citizen on a daily basis and I mean this job helps to put food on my table and clothes on my family's back. It's not worth getting killed over and if someone out there feels that strongly about the U.S. Government then all I can say is that I am sorry but please don't kill me for whomever is in the White House. We as federal employees are only doing the people's work and while some of you may hate us that does not however give you the right to kill us. I have a family too and they love me just as much as yours would love you.:confused:

I would agree there is more danger for some areas of the goverment right now from right wing nuts...ATF, IRS, Census, maybe those who work in health care realated areas...the Right wings nuts are in a frenzy, arming up, and it will only take a few who are a bit more nutz then the rest...and its Okalahoma city, time again. Or most likey , some nut with a gun walking into a federal building and shooting it up.
Sadly I think its when in the next few years, not if anymore....

I doubt it. The census takers are supposedly ACORN people anyhow I thought,
and not direct federal employees.

This man had nothing to do at all with ACORN. So lets just put that to rest. He had been a part time census worker for a number of years now.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jbzG_BlkG2Hfc818EPRRn1bBlP6gD9AT92400

Also my understanding is that ACORN was assisting with recruitment of census workers. Not necessarily doing the census. If someone has a link that says otherwise please post it.

Lastly, and most important, this sort of behavior is troublesome to me. Not that any murder isnt(this also hasnt been ruled out a suicide yet) horrible. But it seems to me the climate has changed some in America and that some righties are getting that shifty eyed look. I am not religious, but if I prayed it would be to prevent something bad from happening.

Yuck, I thought this thread was a joke til you posted bunz

People are getting more angry at public employees, not just the FEDs

I work for the school district and I know how angry people are that the worst we got was 3 furlow days, but we got the cola and we still have the ten paid holidays and all the other perks. 4 weeks paid vacation, personal leave days, family leave days, emergency leave days and so on...

It is fustrating to people who work hard and got pay cuts, laid off exc but they still are expected to pay large taxes to support our lifestyle.

Our people had absoulute cow fits because they lost three days pay. I think they should have felt grateful thats all they lost.

But gosh, killing people over it is really sad and really wrong.

It is an inevitable part of a government that has outgrown its bounds that there will be resistance. I am sorry that the hatred was misplaced in this instance. But we can expect to see more of this in the future.

Consider what it was like in the Colonies before the War of Independence. You can be sure that there were numerous acts like this. I think tar and feathers would send a clearer message with less damage to life and limb though it would still be wrong.

Consider also that in the states we have had a lot of freedom, though it is being steadily eroded, and in a country of over 300 million we have difficulty getting a decent sized protest together to protest anything at all. While in France, where the gov has been too controlling for a long time now, they have had numerous protests in which about 25% of the work force has turned out.

The overly intrusive gov will wake a sleeping giant. In France they protest through mob action but here more of us have guns. When 25% of our work force is willing to take to the streets, what percent will be using their guns?

Well I'll say this. I've never owned a gun before but now I'm going to invest in getting one and also I'm going to get my concealed hang gun license as well. I'll be damn if some nutbag decides that he or she needs to make an example of the government by targeting me or my family simply because I work for the FEDS. Its like I tell my coworkers I shoot back and I won't shoot to maim or injure but to kill....I'll claim self defense in the process and these people feel this way then why don't they target Military personal? I mean are they afraid of getting a backlash from those who they claim support their cause in the military?

Well I'll say this. I've never owned a gun before but now I'm going to invest in getting one and also I'm going to get my concealed hang gun license as well. I'll be damn if some nutbag decides that he or she needs to make an example of the government by targeting me or my family simply because I work for the FEDS. Its like I tell my coworkers I shoot back and I won't shoot to maim or injure but to kill....I'll claim self defense in the process and these people feel this way then why don't they target Military personal? I mean are they afraid of getting a backlash from those who they claim support their cause in the military?

They should not be targeting anyone but if they did target someone, why do you think they should pick the military?

They should not be targeting anyone but if they did target someone, why do you think they should pick the military?[/QUOT

Last time I checked they are a part of the government too. But they shouldn't be targeting anyone period!!! I'm talking about those who are on this anti-government kick at the moment. Look I have no problem with people protesting, carrying on at town hall meetings so on and so forth but right now the atmosphere at the moment is very unpleasant and somewhere out there is another Timothy McViegh waiting for his/her chance to make the news. Its bad enough we have to still worry about Osama ben deho and his merry band of Jihad johnny's who still want to do harm to this country. We have domestic terrorist as well as international ones. Whether their Gang-Bangers in Los Angeles or Militia Groups in the back woods of Idaho and Georgia etc etc.
These Domestic terrorist are no different then Osama's Al Quida. :mad:

Everyone is jumping to conclusions.

This is probably a setup by the govt to start the crack-down on those opposing with Obama.

I wouldn't put this past the corrupt people in Washington.

They are so desperate right now, because they are looking like fools, on
Health Care - CIA - Afghanistan - Acorn.
They even pulled out the race card with Jimmy Carter, and Clinton.

Now there needs to be another diversion.

Everyone is jumping to conclusions.

This is probably a setup by the govt to start the crack-down on those opposing with Obama.

I wouldn't put this past the corrupt people in Washington.

They are so desperate right now, because they are looking like fools, on
Health Care - CIA - Afghanistan - Acorn.
They even pulled out the race card with Jimmy Carter, and Clinton.

Now there needs to be another diversion.

It's not that I'm jumping to conclusions it's just that there is no disparity between who exactly these Anti-Government types are and who they say they want to vent there anger at. All I seen during the summer were people venting which they should but also I seen signs like. "Montana Militia's, Armed and ready" then another one that read "Now is the time for Civil War" I mean come on really? So what? if those who don't agree with these particular people I mean what is going to happen to them? The sad thing is that as much as I dislike Obama because of the fact that he's doing to much at the same time is that an excuse enough to tear apart this country? I'm not being irrational here but this census worker who was killed or committed suicide had the word FED scrolled on his chest. So does that mean people who work for the Fed's should get the same treatment? I would like to see whomever did this to this guy try to do it to someone in the military(If they got the balls to do it) and I'll keep on bringing that up because some of you tend to forget that the military is part of the federal government...It's not a separate entity although some of you would like it to be, but it's not. But violence against anyone especially against those who work for the government is WRONG. Whether it's President Obama or a census worker or a mail carrier.

I see the crazy people as the leftist protesters who they had to tear gas today

the left is very violent every time they get together to protest anything.

but if you want to worry about the right hurting you then I supose we all need something to worry about.

Werbung:
Back