Biden says "I don't want to contain China"

reedak

1. Washington — President Biden said Sunday that he is seeking stability in the contentious U.S.-China relationship while he visited the region to strengthen U.S. ties with China's neighbors.

"I don't want to contain China," Mr. Biden told reporters during a news conference in Hanoi, Vietnam. "I just want to make sure that we have a relationship with China that is on the up and up squared away, everybody knows what it's all about."....

Source Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/biden-says-i-don-t-want-to-contain-china/ar-AA1gw5fY

2. President Biden called China's Xi Jinping “a thug” who has put millions of people in labour camps. He spoke at the tenth Democratic debate in Charleston, South Carolina.

Source Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-02-26/biden-calls-china-s-xi-a-thug-video

3. The following could be the fictitious conversation between the leaders of the US and China in their meeting at San Francisco in November this year.

The Chinese leader may tell his US counterpart: "I am tired of your oft-repeated pledge that that you don't want to contain my country."

"Why?" the US president may ask.

The Chinese leader may show him the above video on his Huawei mobile phone.

His amazed US counterpart may say: "You seem to know everything I talk about you behind your back."

The Chinese leader may reply jokingly: "I have told you that I know far more things than you because I always keep my ear to the ground. If you ever invite me to Washington, don't let me stay in a guest room next to your bedroom, because I always keep my ear to the wall too. How do you feel if all your friends bark at you like mad dogs and behave like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?"

The may be the response from his US counterpart: "Don't be so upset. It was just an act."

The Chinese counterpart may retort with a wry smile: "Once you become politically bankrupt, you can spend the rest of your life acting in Hollywood. Anyway I may send the video of your ranting to a panel of psychologists and mind readers for analysis of your true intentions against me and my country."

Additional Reference:

Werbung:
Back