"Big Oil"???

Werbung:
Most of our oil money goes to Mexico, Canada, south America. Not the middle east. I don't get why people keep pointing over than and complaining, when they get so little of our money.

More still, why we don't just drill for our own oil instead of complaining about others. We seem to be a nation of whiny people.

While I agree that we should be drilling for our own oil, at this point in time it's actually not nearly as important as building our own refineries!

Today, West Texas sweet crude closed at $145.08 a barrel, up from $70.00 a barrel exactly one year ago, and gasoline was at a national average of $4.11 per gallon; why? Aside from simple global "supply and demand", not only are we importing oil, we're forced to import finished gasoline, because the bunny-lovin', tree-huggin' environmental whackos haven't allowed us to build any new refining capacity of our own since the 1976! We can drill for all of the oil we want to, but unless we have the refineries to convert it into gasoline, it doesn't mean anything.

As it stands today, we use 9.027 million barrels of finished gasoline per day, but with the 146 operating refineries in the US today, with a combined maximum output of 6.426 million barrels per day. we're still short by 2.63 MILLION barrels per day of gasoline, every day, 365.25 days a year, that we're having to import from somewhere else, and not only pay the actual cost of the gasoline itself, but the cost of shipping it here from outside the country instead of from down OUR OWN road. That's nearly a BILLION (960.6 million) barrels a year that we're short of our current domestic needs just because a bunch of environmental whack-jobs have lobbied Congress and the EPA to prevent us from being able to build any new refineries.

So, do we need to explore and drill for more oil here in the US, absolutely, if for no other reason than to offset the amount of imports we're consuming, but more importantly, we need to BUILD MORE REFINERIES so that we can refine our OWN gasoline and other petrochemical products instead of having to buy them from someone else, and THEN pay to have them shipped here from thousands of miles away. Frankly, I'd love nothing more than to see every State have sufficient refining capacity for their own use. There's no reason in the world for me, on the east coast, to have to pay extra because Californication demands some special blend for every season of the year. If they want a special blend, let THEM build their own refineries and produce their own special blends for their own use, and we'll have our own refineries producing our own blends (at a substantially lower price than they'll be paying too).

Oh, and one other thing, Ethanol is a complete non-starter. If you want to know why, calculate the total amount of arable land in the US, calculate the average bushels per acre of corn production in the US, and calculate the number of gallons of Ethanol that can be produced from each bushel of corn. You'll quickly discover that even if we used every square acre of arable land in the US for nothing but corn production to make Ethanol, we'd still be producing less than 1/3 of our total fuel usage today.

Haven't the BigOil dinosaurs heard that they're on the way out?

No spin gyrations or extraneous arguments will sway a deaf public.

Even their own members are smartly defecting and investing in renewables..

Any person with a lick of business sense would bail off that dying dog and invest in alternatives the next minute the stock market opens on Monday. BigOil themselves would be wise to make rapid and huge shifts in where they invest future development. If they played their cards right they could get in on the new gravy-train instead of pissing and whining and trying to lie their way out of facing reality.

Haven't the BigOil dinosaurs heard that they're on the way out?

Given the constantly increasing demand for oil... um... no they haven't heard that. :rolleyes:

No spin gyrations or extraneous arguments will sway a deaf public.

Nor idiotic, illogical, conspiracy theorist, that invade online forums.

Even their own members are smartly defecting and investing in renewables..

If being smart equals investing in something that will never have a positive return, then we have vastly lowered the standards of intelligence.

Any person with a lick of business sense would bail off that dying dog and invest in alternatives the next minute the stock market opens on Monday. BigOil themselves would be wise to make rapid and huge shifts in where they invest future development. If they played their cards right they could get in on the new gravy-train instead of pissing and whining and trying to lie their way out of facing reality.

The stock performance of alternative energy companies is a fraction of that of Oil, which is booming right now. Since I want to invest in something that pays of, I'm sticking with oil. You can blow your money on solar power and stay poor.

The point is OBVIOUS. :D

The Gulf’s latest landmark is the Emirates Palace, a luxury hotel that’s effectively a monument to oil wealth. Thirteen types of marble were imported to make floors fit for a sultan, and silk was shipped in for wallpaper.

.......I assume you're jealous then?

.......they've got more oil than you? nah nah nah

.......don't like the nasty arabs making big shinny hotels?

.......having looked in you wallet you can't afford to go there?

.......thought you'd post this so that others would get jealous too!

.......coz they also don't like nasty arabs making big shinny hotels!

No?

Then whats you're point here?

0_21_070908_uae2.jpg

......big shinny hotel make masher jealous!?

.......I assume you're jealous then?

.......they've got more oil than you? nah nah nah

.......don't like the nasty arabs making big shinny hotels?

.......having looked in you wallet you can't afford to go there?

.......thought you'd post this so that others would get jealous too!

.......coz they also don't like nasty arabs making big shinny hotels!

No?

Then whats you're point here?

0_21_070908_uae2.jpg

......big shinny hotel make masher jealous!?

No, not jealous... boy I'd like to visit though! I think just walking through the lobby would be enough, then I'd go back home.

Werbung:
Back