Celebrity Excess and Media Coverage

mtatum4496

The other night, I was flipping channels and happened to stop on a brodcast by Nancy Grace. The profile was on the whole Baldwin phone message mess. What struck me as a little out of balance was the fact that the comment was made that the daughter is probably having a rough time of it since the phone message is bing played over and over in the media. Yet on Grace's show, it was played twice within a seven minute time frame.

I for one am so sick of having to constantly flip to another channel just to avoid endless rehashes of details of a celebrity's life that should be worked out in private or in front of a judge. Report it and move on to something else.

Werbung:
The problem in America is that the media believes that people are obsessed with celebrities, so they make this shows and comentaries and make a huge public prob lem something very personal. And I've noticed that only in 2 places: in America, and in Spain... only in Spain is worse! They have morning gossip shows on the big networks that last 5 to 6 hours! ALL GOSSIP! On the other hand, in Germany, they could care less! The "celebrities" here are not really that important unless they come from outside and then the fans will make the news with their crazy stuff.

I hate that this girl is being dragged through the media circus the way she is. True, what was said wasn't the nicest thing to say, but it shouldn't be played over and over and over anymore than all the stuff about Anna Nicole's life. I don't think people really care that much.

If I were the girl, I'd be mortified by now. If it isn't enough to hear your father blast you like that, she has to endure it over and over again now, in the eyes of the media. It makes me sick. I really hope her mother (Kim Basinger) didn't leak the tape.

My heart does go out to the daughter. While I know as a parent that sometimes you want to say something in anger, you bite your tongue and find more civil words to use. To have to hear that verbiage directed at you by a parent is bad enough. To have it made available to the whole world has to be just this side of unbearable.

Bassinger and Baldwin have played out their life together in front of the press and I have no respect for either of them. They can control this as other celebrities do. There are a lot of celebs out there you rarely hear anything personal about and I think they control the information about themselves. Others like these two and TomKat, etc. thrive on it and probably wouldn't have careers as big.

If I were the girl, I'd be mortified by now. If it isn't enough to hear your father blast you like that, she has to endure it over and over again now, in the eyes of the media. It makes me sick. I really hope her mother (Kim Basinger) didn't leak the tape.

You know, it's interesting that no one has SAID how they got the tape to start with, or at least I haven't heard. Seems they'd have had to have access to the cell phone, which if she's a typical teen, wouldn't be out of her hands. :nono:

I heard just that discussed (no surprise there!) ....it is thought that Bassinger's lawyers released the tape in order to make Baldwin look bad, but, of course, being high paid clever people no one can seem to trace it back to them either lol.

I think the victim in all this is the daughter. That being said I have to disagree in the sense that media outlets will show what gets them the good ratings, sadly anymore even the news. So someone out there enjoys this kind of stuff or it wouldn't be plastered all over the tv or the magazines for that matter.

That is a sad but very true observation, Tater. There is unfortunately an audience out there that is ready to feed on any little tibits of excess or human suffering - and plenty of people willing to trot out their private business in order to be the center of attention. As for me, I prefer to air my dirty linen in private rather than put it on the street for all to see.

Thing is that I think the invention of 24/7 cable news caused this stuff. they need fillers and celebrity stuff does it. If they took it all off today, no one would miss it except the networks who would have to find something else to report!

The thing is though is shows like Entertainment Tonight and the E network are big and popular or they wouldn't be on the air. I agree with you though I know I wouldn't miss them myself.

The marketing of those entertainment shows was brilliant. They put them on right after the nightly news so people just keep on watching. It's easier not to switch channels because of the teasers they run, and when they run out of celebrity news, they make themselves news ...like Pat O'Brien's alcohol problem or some hostess' pregnancy. Yeah, we're really interested lol.

Werbung:
I've never been much for watching the Entertainment shows, I really don't care about the immoral lives of the celebrities.

Back