1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Cloverfield, Spoiler-free

Discussion in 'House of Politics Lounge' started by kida, Jan 22, 2008.

1. kida

kida New Member

I went to see Cloverfield last weekend. I won't say anything about the plot, just that I really enjoyed this movie. I've heard a few complaints about certain elements, but I really liked it.

If you've seen the movie to or want to discuss it in more detail, please start a new thread with a spoiler warning in the title.

2. xboxundone

xboxundone New Member

I am still considering going to see it only thing is the wife doesnt care to see it.

3. Guaner

Guaner New Member

I haven't seen it yet but I heard that the "Blair-witch" camera style was hard to stomach. Is this true?

4. kida

kida New Member

It was a little disorienting, sometimes to the point of being difficult or even frustrating to watch. But I can understand why - it wouldn't seem "authentic" if it didn't have some of those moments. But then the question becomes, "why do it that way at all? Why not just make a regular movie?" But ultimately I think it's way more interesting this way. You feel more involved in what's going on.