Congress Voting 6 to 1 Against Strike

steveox

Suggesting an uphill fight for President Barack Obama, House members staking out positions are either opposed to or leaning against his plan for a U.S. military strike against Syria by more than a 6-1 margin, a survey by The Associated Press shows. The Senate is more evenly divided ahead of its vote next week.

Still, the situation is very fluid. Nearly half of the 433-member House and a third of the 100-member Senate remain undecided.

By their statements or those of aides, only 30 members of the Republican-led House support intervention or are leaning in favor of authorizing the president to use force against Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government in response to a chemical weapons attack last month.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Congress-Against-Syria-Strike/2013/09/07/id/524364

There you go! If Obama Ignores this he risks impeachment.

Werbung:

Suggesting an uphill fight for President Barack Obama, House members staking out positions are either opposed to or leaning against his plan for a U.S. military strike against Syria by more than a 6-1 margin, a survey by The Associated Press shows. The Senate is more evenly divided ahead of its vote next week.

Still, the situation is very fluid. Nearly half of the 433-member House and a third of the 100-member Senate remain undecided.

By their statements or those of aides, only 30 members of the Republican-led House support intervention or are leaning in favor of authorizing the president to use force against Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government in response to a chemical weapons attack last month.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Congress-Against-Syria-Strike/2013/09/07/id/524364

There you go! If Obama Ignores this he risks impeachment.
Obama may very well go it alone on this one and nothing will get this dictator impeached.

Bill Clinton will be the last impeached President of the US

Obama just passed the hot potato that is Syria to Congress. Now, should the vote go against a military strike, as seems likely, then what? Will he allow himself to appear "weak" to such as Iran? Will he create a Constitutional crisis by going against the will of Congress? This is developing into an interesting story.

Personally, I don't support a military strike. What would be the result, and what would be the goal? It looks to me like the only reason to carry out a strike would be political posturing.

But, that's just my opinion.

Obama just passed the hot potato that is Syria to Congress. Now, should the vote go against a military strike, as seems likely, then what? Will he allow himself to appear "weak" to such as Iran? Will he create a Constitutional crisis by going against the will of Congress? This is developing into an interesting story.

Personally, I don't support a military strike. What would be the result, and what would be the goal? It looks to me like the only reason to carry out a strike would be political posturing.

But, that's just my opinion.
Obama passed a hot potato so he can once again have someone to blame for his incompetence.

And, as far as creating a Constitutional crisis, I would be curious to know what you would consider a Constitutional crisis .... Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS scandal, refusing to enforce our borders, setting back the implementation of Obamacare when it is already signed into law .... the list goes on and on ...

Obama is insistent in getting Assad unseated and allowing al Queda to take over Syria, legally or illegally ...... ask yourself why?

Direct link between Assad and gas attack elusive for U.S.

No direct link to President Bashar al-Assad or his inner circle has been publicly demonstrated, and some U.S. sources say intelligence experts are not sure whether the Syrian leader knew of the attack before it was launched or was only informed about it afterward.

The Syrian government, backed by Russia, blames Sunni rebels for the gas attack. Russia says Washington has not provided convincing proof that Assad's troops carried out the attack and called it a "provocation" by rebel forces hoping to encourage a military response by the United States.

1231571_10153189517365471_1211344781_n.jpg

Werbung:
Looks like Putin gets the last laugh.

Put an experienced KGB Lt. Col. up against the experience of a community organizer, and looky what happens.

Check mate.

Back