Convicts taunting prison guards after reading list of gun permit holders:"Now we know where you live

Little-Acorn

Now the prison inmates are walking up to prison guards and reciting the guards' exact home address to them. "Now we know where you live, sucka!"... and comments like that. They got the addresses, from the newspaper's published map of gun owner permits.

Good job, Rockland Journal News.

You won't need police protection any time soon, will you, newpapers people? Cops may be too busy guarding their own homes against recently-released criminals, to respond to your calls. I know I would be.

Hope the paper's publishers don't mind.

-------------------------------------------------

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nat...ap-endangers-officers-officials-say-1.4407323

Journal News gun permit map endangers officers, officials say

Originally published: January 4, 2013 3:40 PM
Updated: January 4, 2013 4:01 PM
By SARAH ARMAGHAN sarah.armaghan@cablevision.com

Criticism of The Journal News, which published a gun permit database last month, broadened Friday with Rockland law enforcement officials saying the map listing the names and addresses of those with gun permits is endangering lives.

Inmates at the Rockland County jail are taunting corrections officers by saying they know the guards' home addresses -- information they got from the list published by Westchester-based newspaper, Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco said.

"Since about 9:30 this morning, I've been in a meeting with my corrections officers and their unions. They have inmates coming up to them and telling them exactly where they live. That's not acceptable to me," Falco said at a news conference Friday morning in New City, where local leaders condemned the list.

Falco, along with other supporting police chiefs and county legislators, wants the paper to remove the information from its website.

Werbung:
Two women whoes names and addresses were on that list have contacted the police complaining that their stalkers found them because of what the paper printed.

Somebody's going to get hurt or killed over this and I hope they sue the crap out of that paper.

From the linked article:

"When I saw the list, I had an immediate flood of emotions that I cannot even describe to you," said (Orangetown resident Charlotte) Swift. "I originally obtained a gun permit because I had previously been married to a man who attempted to strangle me . . . The first emotion I felt was, 'Oh my gosh, he can find me.'"

While the paper's action is grossly inappropriate i doubt there is grounds for suit.
However freedom of speech is their right so is the right to no longer buy their product or run ads in it.
Actions have consequences.

While the paper's action is grossly inappropriate i doubt there is grounds for suit.

There are so many laws on the books that contradict themselves, there may be something regarding privacy rights, according to a NY senator. Of course that would depend on the political make up of the court it landed in.

When i was in school long time ago. I told person who taunnted me first and i said i know where you live... I got suspended for a week for that

When i was in school long time ago. I told person who taunnted me first and i said i know where you live... I got suspended for a week for that

but did it work ? better to just be standing in front of his house when he was leaving for school.
even more effective.

Werbung:
Back