crossover voting in the primaries

foggedinn

Many purists say it shouldn't happen at all. As a practical matter, it happens every primary.

What's the best use of crossover voting? Is it to give your party's candidate the weakest opponent? Is it to give the voters the strongest posible choices in the general election?

If your area always votes for one party and you are of the other party, is it ok to crossover in the primary just so you can have an actual effect as to who will be elected?

Werbung:
Many purists say it shouldn't happen at all. As a practical matter, it happens every primary.

What's the best use of crossover voting? Is it to give your party's candidate the weakest opponent? Is it to give the voters the strongest posible choices in the general election?

If your area always votes for one party and you are of the other party, is it ok to crossover in the primary just so you can have an actual effect as to who will be elected?

ask noobama , she is a crossover I think. Would rather vote for the other side then her own,.

Well, this only matters for the Republicans. The Democrats have "Super-Delegates" who's political power trumps the Democratic electorate in the nomination process. Only Democrats have this stop gap measure to ensure their electorate doesn't accidentally try to nominate the wrong person.

Republicans let the Primary voters decide who the nominee will be, so they are the only party thats susceptible to the type of malicious voting practices that are being discussed. (Thats one of the things that made Rush's Operation Chaos so entertaining)

Democrat Super Delegates

Well, this only matters for the Republicans. The Democrats have "Super-Delegates" who's political power trumps the Democratic electorate in the nomination process.

Notice how many different ways democrats reveal their authoritarian tendency?

Werbung:

I am a reg. democrat and I voted for hillary and not obama

but I know many dems voted for mccain because he is weak and in return when it was clear they were stuck with him many repubs re reg. dem to vote hillary to keep the primary going

Back