Do You Care As Much About Iraqi Children As Those On The Southern Border?

GBFan

(CNSNews.com) – A humanitarian tragedy is looming in northwestern Iraq, where up to 25,000 children, mostly from the minority Yazidi community, are among those who fled ahead of advancing Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) jihadists and are now stranded without water or supplies in arid, mountainous terrain.

The U.N. Children’s Fund in Iraq said Tuesday at least 40 children were already reported to have died, “as a direct consequence of violence, displacement and dehydration over the past two days.”

Tens of thousands of people fled as ISIS seized control of the town and district of Sinjar west of Mosul at the weekend, pushing back Kurdish “peshmerga” forces who had been providing security there.

“Families who fled the area are in immediate need of urgent assistance, including up to 25,000 children who are now stranded in mountains surrounding Sinjar and are in dire need of humanitarian aid including drinking water and sanitation services,” said UNICEF’s Iraq director, Marzio Babille.

He appealed to “all those who have influence to immediately grant children and women free and safe access to areas of refuge and respect the special protection afforded to children under international humanitarian and human rights law.”

Earlier this summer, Sinjar’s normal population of around 35,000 swelled by an additional 50,000 people who had been displaced by the ISIS advance, fleeing the violence, fears of persecution, summary executions, and abductions at the hands of the jihadists.

ISIS’ capture of Sinjar and surrounding areas prompted an exodus of both the usual inhabitants and those already displaced people.

UNICEF says the Sinjar district has a population of at least 150,000 children, many of whom are now displaced.

“Children are particularly vulnerable, and are most affected by the continuing violence, displacement and fighting in Iraq,” said Babille. “UNICEF repeats its urgent call for all children in need to be protected and immediately provided with life-saving assistance to prevent further loss of life.”

Werbung:
The garbage that comprises ISIS deserves NO consideration whatever. An appropriate response might be to carpet bombing ISIS terrorists with napalm. This Islamist scum don't deserve a swift death with bombs. Burning them to death is far more appropriate!! There's no justification for allowing ISIS members anything but a painful death! Kill them ALL and do it now!

you can just say you don't care about non white american kids, we understand.

What? Parallel universe again?

Isn't it the liberal administration who has failed to take action on either issue? Isn't it the liberal left who ignores children dying, bleeding, starving?

So ... tell me just exactly what the left proposes.

I'll wait ...

What? Parallel universe again?

Isn't it the liberal administration who has failed to take action on either issue? Isn't it the liberal left who ignores children dying, bleeding, starving?

So ... tell me just exactly what the left proposes.

I'll wait ...

little troll who crys Obama has not done anything...has no idea what to actually do given the reality of what actually can be done. Because that would mean thinking hard about it.

You want troops in Iraq again, have the balls to say it rather then just bitch.

little troll who crys Obama has not done anything...has no idea what to actually do given the reality of what actually can be done. Because that would mean thinking hard about it.

You want troops in Iraq again, have the balls to say it rather then just bitch.

Waiting for a cogent, factual argument, rather than your childish, petty whining ... you're embarrassing.

How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb.

None.

They would rather sit in the dark and blame it on Obama.

Another fact-based input from the glorious left ... put up or shut up.

Fact-based? C'mon, lighten up. Don't take it literally. It's just a joke. Athough it is quite a good metaphor for repubs.

Jokes are supposed to be funny ... not offensive.

I still notice the lack of factual rebuttal by the left.

Jokes are supposed to be funny ... not offensive.

I still notice the lack of factual rebuttal by the left.
Offensive! Now that is a joke that's funny. You guys have posted all kinds of offensiveness against liberals. It's what the right and left do to each other. Live with it.

... Mr. Obama said Thursday night he had authorized targeted airstrikes and emergency assistance missions in northern Iraq , .... and prevent a humanitarian catastrophe

Offensive! Now that is a joke that's funny. You guys have posted all kinds of offensiveness against liberals. It's what the right and left do to each other. Live with it.

... Mr. Obama said Thursday night he had authorized targeted airstrikes and emergency assistance missions in northern Iraq , .... and prevent a humanitarian catastrophe

Sadly, I'm sure you don't see the difference .... your ideas might be called misguided, misdirected, and even just plain ol' stupid. You, on the other hand, choose to attack individuals (although, compared to some of your liberal cohorts, you're a piker at it). Next time, when an argument is put forth - attack the argument. Prove it wrong.

But, yes, you can be assured - you attack, we attack. It's called quid pro quo.

I would challenge you to review ALL the threads on this site for the past two years. How many of them of substance have been posted by conservatives, and how many by liberals? In turn, how many attacking threads have been posted by either side?

Just exactly when is the last time that you saw a liberal put forth a cogent, substantiated issue for discussion?

Me either.

You, on the other hand, choose to attack individuals

My "attack" joke was about all republicans, not any individual.

Next time, when an argument is put forth - attack the argument. Prove it wrong.

I did in my previous post:

... Mr. Obama said Thursday night he had authorized targeted airstrikes and emergency assistance missions in northern Iraq , .... and prevent a humanitarian catastrophe.

It makes your OP moot.

Werbung:
My "attack" joke was about all republicans, not any individual.

I did in my previous post:

... Mr. Obama said Thursday night he had authorized targeted airstrikes and emergency assistance missions in northern Iraq , .... and prevent a humanitarian catastrophe.

It makes your OP moot.

Hardly moot ... ask yourself about motivation, then ask yourself about why it took so long, then ask yourself about why such a obsequious speech, then ask yourself whether the response will fix the problem, and then, finally, ask yourself why he hasn't solved the problem at the border yet.

Back