1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Embassy Bombing in Greece

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by tater03, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tater03

tater03 New Member

Did anyone see this last night? It was kinda late and they broke in and said that the US Embassy had had an explostion. But I missed seeing anything on the news about it this morning. Did anyone get hurt? What exactly happened? Thanks

2. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I saw it on CNN.com the other day. I'm really glad that my friend is still back in the US for the holidays, because he has been living in Athens, Greece for the year and will go back in a few days. I'm not sure whether anyone got hurt or not, there seems to be conflicting reports.

3. tater03

tater03 New Member

You know what is weird is I still have not heard anything on this on the news. And I fell asleep to the news last night. I am guessing now one got hurt and it must not be terriosts because I would guess it would be all over the news. Thank goodness Fourbear your friend came home.

4. framed

framed New Member

5. mtatum4496

mtatum4496 New Member

6. mamab

mamab New Member

Who knows why "terrorists" do what they do? They may have gotten ticked off at someone at the embassy. I'm glad that no one was hurt, though. If there had been injuries/deaths, we'd likely be headed there next.

7. dong

dong New Member

Lots of people know why terrorists (on the whole) do what they do. The motivations of individuals profiled as terrorists is also for the large part discernible. It's not like...they're some kind of barbaric, randomly malicious irrational actor!

8. tater03

tater03 New Member

Thanks so much for the link. I am just surprised that I haven't seen more about it on the news. Oh well who knows why people feel the need to do things like this. Don't have their mindset so I don't understand it. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

9. mamab

mamab New Member

Anyone in particular you have in mind, dong? I can't think of anyone that fits that characterization.

10. dong

dong New Member

I'm merely referring to the stereotype that one tends to conjure up when they think "terrorist". I think Framed has outlined a relavant criticism in an engagement with Andy D on another thread.

11. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I think it wasn't on the news because it wasn't a big deal. My friend who just went back to Greece told me they were aiming for the embassy's sign, but missed (it went through it) and it went into a bathroom through a window instead.