FL hospital system laying off ahead of Obamacare

dogtowner

Staff member
I dont recall BO saying it would cost jobs ?

of course we all knew it would. in more ways than one.

and before you start crying greedy bastards, this is a non-profit system.

oh my

In the largest staff reduction in its nearly 100-year history, Orlando Health is cutting up to 400 jobs starting immediately, hospital system officials announced Monday.

The move is part of a broader effort to position the hospital system for the health-care overhaul, CEO Sherrie Sitarik said.

The elimination of jobs will occur in two phases and represents a 2 percent to 3 percent reduction in the system's 16,000-person work force, said Orlando Health spokeswoman Kena Lewis. The cuts affect all departments and all eight of the system's hospitals, including Orlando Regional Medical Center and Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, two of the system's better-known facilities.

Merry Christmas to them from Barackaclaus

Werbung:
My wife works in a large non-profit hospital. They have been cutting back their labor force steadily for some months now and not replacing those who quit or retire. The CEO took the unprecedented action of emailing all employees a few days before the election asking all to vote. There is an environment of fear with lots of stress.

My wife works in a large non-profit hospital. They have been cutting back their labor force steadily for some months now and not replacing those who quit or retire. The CEO took the unprecedented action of emailing all employees a few days before the election asking all to vote. There is an environment of fear with lots of stress.

They probably see the writing on the wall. No insurance company is going to survive Obamacare. It was designed that way. The left want's Nationalized Healthcare.

They probably see the writing on the wall. No insurance company is going to survive Obamacare. It was designed that way. The left want's Nationalized Healthcare.

Yes, but the immediate impact of Obummercare is it is killing jobs in a down economy. We probably are already in recession and when its full impact hits in the next couple years, things will get worse. Its a job killer, costly, and will not provide more healthy care for Americans...it will provide less. But then to libs, good intentions are all that matters and consequences are meaningless.

Werbung:

It kills me that a friend who is an RN was a big Obama fan. Lovely person and great nurse but not so sharp in other ways.

Back