Following The "Rats".....

Mr. Shaman

Jumping_ship.JPG

Who, in their right-mind, would HIRE these clowns?????

:confused:

"Even before the Obama administration formally tightened executive compensation at bailed-out companies, the prospect of pay cuts had led some top employees to depart.

Many executives were driven away by the uncertainty of working for companies closely overseen by Washington, opting instead for firms not under the microscope, including competitors that have already returned the bailout funds to the government, according to executives and supervisors at the companies."

Yeah....that's who I'D want to hire....someone who's afraid D.C. will be watching him!!!!

Werbung:
I'd like to hear some "conservative" insist there's no WAY some (younger, hungrier) Jr. Manager can't WAIT to replace some major SCREW-UP (who bails on any company, because of compensation-cuts)....and, a lot o' inve$tor$ who'd be more-than-happy to see Obama's CHANGE in corporate-$tructure!!!

"But maybe the best reason not to fret about talent flight is one familiar to cubicle-dwellers everywhere: just because someone has a big, high-paying job doesn't mean they're good at it."

book-on-desk1.jpg

"THEY GOT 'IM!!!!!! THANKS, BARAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

;)

I hope it's not a junior manager at a medical device firm that makes pace-makers or other important medical devices that aid the elderly.

Or how about an exec at a big pharm company that is responsible for drugs and cures that everyone needs.

Yeah, lets let a youngster, cut his teeth, and ... ooops!

Quality people are needed in every industry. Locking down salaries is absurd!!!

I hope it's not a junior manager at a medical device firm that makes pace-makers or other important medical devices that aid the elderly.

Or how about an exec at a big pharm company that is responsible for drugs and cures that everyone needs.
Yeah....let's hire some whacked-out tea-bagger, instead.

:rolleyes:

I think there's advantages to having a pyramid-type management structure, and that said a lot of factors, 'legit', however you might define that, and otherwise go into making someone a candidate for the top positions. That someone values him/herself more than the government would have them get - that wouldn't seem to be necessarily a bad omen with respect to stocks, earnings, capability. The circumstances leading up to the bailout - there'd tend to be paycut for that, and the understanding that the gig they were leaving was going to pay a finite amount, but they can get sniped for what the market will bear. Once they get in the door, there will still be the pretext that they'd made more and at least to whoever ends up taking them the possibility non-culpability for the previous failure - thus, if they prove themselves, the second trip up the ladder might be faster.

I think there are more 99-percent matches for exec than there are people who make it, again for lots of reasons I don't intend to parse out and pass judgment on, and mobility is a good thing for companies and employees, so yeah, other candidates can and should move up to vacated spots - but being second-rate would be a stigma against the candidate/position if he/she couldn't turn it around. In turn, in a company that gets barked at for profiting, and gets barked at for losing money - aw crud, maybe I'm being cynical, maybe people will follow civic-mindedness in a leader.

Hmmm, got me thinking - the governments meddling will give these people, in a way more graceful of a way to leave the company, as opposed to just saying 'my work here is done' while they're in trouble - the size of the job market around that level I think would dictate whether that, or the fact that they don't have a full-wage job to bargain with, will prevail in dictating their value.

The fact that it could be one way or the other shows the futility of meddling with the free market.

You know , this liberal may have a valid point concerning "Quality " . In the past election the American Voters paid no attention to Quality and voted for a complete misfit , a novice, not qualified to mange a Dairy Queen . Now we have him deciding a Foreign War while playing basketball. Wrecking our economy, and losing lives needlessly in the AFGH. war .
MY GOD , what did we do to AMERICA??

Werbung:

In the two examples that you give, neither manager would likely be directly connected to the quality of the products they make. They are more likely to be overseeing the operation of things like finance, ordering, shipping, etc. The control of quality usually is far down the pecking order. You seem not to be very familiar with how businesses operate.

Back