Geithner lies....Knew about AIG!

Werbung:
The whole AIG thing was a distraction from the 1trillion the fed is printing. If the dems and Obama made a big fuss about AIG bonuses, which, let's face it, 160mil of total 170billion, then no one would be any wiser to the 1 trillion the fed was going to print.

Transparency we can believe in.

I am sorry, but you can not have it both ways.

You cannot be upset at Tim Geithner for knowing about the Bonuses, and not doing anything about them.

AND, be mad at congress for passing the 90% tax on the bonuses.

You need to pick an argument. He knew about them, felt that the government should not be involved, and moved on to other matters. What was there to mishandle? YOU didn't want him to do anything about them in the first place, so who cares if he knew or not? Unless, you think he Should have done something about them, then why are you made at congress for imposing a tax? Pick a flippin side! silly.

I don't care if he knew or not. Because I don't think the government should do anything about them. Not in a retroactive sense at least. Maybe not help them out again would be a freakin start. Anyhow, point is, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

You cannot be upset at Tim Geithner for knowing about the Bonuses, and not doing anything about them.

You need to pick an argument. He knew about them, felt that the government should not be involved, and moved on to other matters. What was there to mishandle? YOU didn't want him to do anything about them in the first place, so who cares if he knew or not? Unless, you think he Should have done something about them, then why are you made at congress for imposing a tax? Pick a flippin side! silly.

I don't care if he knew or not. Because I don't think the government should do anything about them. Not in a retroactive sense at least. Maybe not help them out again would be a freakin start. Anyhow, point is, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

They should have read the bill before making it law they should have taken out the part where the companies get bonus's if they are so against them

But since they did neither, making a new law to target and tax a special group is not the right way... the right thing to do is debatable but this for sure was not it.

I would rather congress say ok, you give those bonuses and we will never bail you out again period! If the companies did not get back the bonuses then the tax payers never bail them out again.

By the way, Nice to meet you Buttercup. That was my name in another place.

They should have read the bill before making it law they should have taken out the part where the companies get bonus's if they are so against them

But since they did neither, making a new law to target and tax a special group is not the right way... the right thing to do is debatable but this for sure was not it.

I would rather congress say ok, you give those bonuses and we will never bail you out again period! If the companies did not get back the bonuses then the tax payers never bail them out again.

By the way, Nice to meet you Buttercup. That was my name in another place.

I completely agree with you.

Nice to meet you as well. :)

More lies and deceit from the Obama Administration! LIES LIES and more LIES.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/03/20/video-congress-geithner-knew-about-bonuses-on-march-3rd/

From a CBS News poll released yesterday:

How much confidence do you have in Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's ability to handle the nation's financial crisis - a lot, some, not much, or none at all?

A lot 13%
Some 41%
Not much 20%
None at all 15%

Geithner's numbers certainly aren't overwhelming but the American people, by a 54%-35% margin (no doubt primarily along party lines), still have confidence in the Treasury Secretary.

Geithner's numbers certainly aren't overwhelming but the American people, by a 54%-35% margin (no doubt primarily along party lines), still have confidence in the Treasury Secretary.

The overwhelming majority of Americans have no idea what he's doing, if they knew what was going on, his numbers would be lower than the Pelosi/Reid Congress (thats pretty low, even lower than Bush). The Lap Dog media is reporting polls on his popularity, they are not reporting on things like how Geitner and the Fed began monitizing our debt last Wednesday and what that means for our currency.

Media is reporting about the bonus's to AIG but silent on the bonus's being paid to Fanny and Freddie (who took a lot more money and are far more culpable in the meltdown).

Ignorance is our most expensive commodity... and Popeye has a bumper crop.

That is pretty convenient that he felt the government shouldn't be involved in this particular situation. I mean, this administration wants to control everything else, but not this particular situation. Really!!! It couldn't be that it was allowed in order to provide a supposed reasoning for the things they have requested this week. Pull your head out of the sand!

Yes, I think that they should stay out of the bonus situation, I don't think that they should have bailed out these people, and I think a retro-tax is absolutely unconstitutional. I'm one of those cold hearted people that thinks that failure is ok, and that you learn from your mistakes. I had a failed business before I had a successful one, but I did not make the same mistakes the second time. I didn't look around for the people of NC to bail me out, much less the federal government.

The overwhelming majority of Americans have no idea what he's doing, if they knew what was going on, his numbers would be lower than the Pelosi/Reid Congress (thats pretty low, even lower than Bush). The Lap Dog media is reporting polls on his popularity, they are not reporting on things like how Geitner and the Fed began monitizing our debt last Wednesday and what that means for our currency.

Media is reporting about the bonus's to AIG but silent on the bonus's being paid to Fanny and Freddie (who took a lot more money and are far more culpable in the meltdown).

Ignorance is our most expensive commodity... and Popeye has a bumper crop.
And the bus tour to the executive houses. it was a put-on by ACORN. Acorn paid for the bus and put Acorn people on the bus.

Why did the media not catch this? This is huge.

http://nukegingrich.com/2009/03/20/bus-tour-of-aig-homes-by-acorn-front-group/

And they are doing this with taxpayer money.

Where's the Main-stream -media. Where?

Werbung:
Rahm Eanueal - He's the one probably who signed off on it. It is what the dems have been hiding.

Rahm Emanuel and AIG
by Mark Noonan on March 24th, 2009 at 01:15am
The thus far untold part of this story:

“Right now, you get the feeling this is all about protecting [White House Chief of Staff] Rahm Emanuel,” says a former Treasury Department lawyer, who worked in that department’s counsel’s office on the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) before joining a D.C.-based law firm in February. “At the time, we were led to believe there were basically three or four people from the Administration at the table when the final deals were cut and one of them was Emanuel.”

Informal advisers to Geithner are growing increasingly frustrated, they say, that Geithner is being held up as the straw man for the public anger over the bonuses. “Just over the weekend you saw a new guy added to the target list, [White House economics adviser Larry] Summers,” says a longtime Geithner colleague at the New York Fed. “You have Dodd, Geithner, Summers, but there were other, more senior political people involved in this mess, and their names aren’t being mentioned. Why isn’t anyone asking Rahm Emanuel, ‘What meetings were you in?’ ‘What did you and the President know and when did you know it?’ Tim has some culpability, but he’s not the guy who signed off on the Dodd language. He wasn’t that empowered to do something like that.”

They have to protect Emanuel because the fall of Emanuel would be the domino closest to Obama, and it would be hard to keep Obama clean in the AIG mess if Emanuel was forced out over the scandal. The circumstantial evidence is already very strong that the sign-off on the AIG bonuses was the result of “pay for play”, Chicago-style politics; Obama can’t afford “what did the President know and when did he know it” questions about AIG. But this means that, at least for a while, Emanuel has to survive…thus the apparent tossing of Geithner and Summers under the bus.

We must keep in mind the depth upon depth of corruption we’re going to have here - we have a hopelessly corrupt Democratic party leadership which feels that an Obama Administration means a free pass. They aren’t worried about the Justice Department coming down on them, they know they can stymie any Congressional ethics probes and they figure the MSM has gotten itself too highly invested in Obama to really play the role of investigative watchdog. But the lynch pin of all this is Obama - as long as he’s safe and popular, everything else comes together, and so they have to keep the muck as far away from him as possible.

Back