Glenn beck is right about gay marriage

OK, I'm going to date myself here. I was in Jr. High
School when they started desegregation of schools and began bussing in black students from "their part of town" [as it was called by our parents]. White students overwhelmingly were just that, overwhelmed. We spent the rest of our time at school between classes dodging the unbridled hatred of blacks for our race. We [born in the 1960s] had never owned slaves, never insisted that any of them ride in the back of a bus or use separate bathrooms or eating facilities, and yet their parents raised them to hate whites.

I don't blame them for harboring anger. It's just the timing, right on the heels of the civil rights movement and so much justified anger at lynchings and mistreatment at the hands of whites. As time progressed though, I saw an entire culture grow up with blacks where they teach their great grandchildren to hate whites for those old scores they wanted to settle.

It will take time to sort out the racism. Curiously enough, I was raised WASP but my best friend in grade school was a black girl. Our friendship dissolved when I had to move to Virginia for a year and I came back to talk to her. She was glad to see me but a group of blacks at the Jr. High we just started had already grafted onto her and they started harassing her immediately "whattya doin talkin to tha white girl!!". They actually started bullying her. She "had" to go with them after that and we spoke few words after then. She came from a middle class family, wealthier than mine in fact. But because of her very dark skin color, the poor-town blacks just couldn't fathom that she was friendly with us. So they took her over, literally. Glad to say I caught up with her years later and she had pulled away from it and was in college and going places like her parents did.

Turns out Dickens was right. The only real "bogey men" are ignorance and want..apart from skin color..

Man, am I old. I keep telling the kids "I was born before the Civil Rights Act passed." And they're all like "No way!".

Old people weren't born in the '60s. they were born in the 20's and 30's. Otherwise, I'd have to admit to being old.

But, yes, the real bogey men are ignorance and want, most particularly the former.

Werbung:
OK, I'm going to date myself here. I was in Jr. High
School when they started desegregation of schools and began bussing in black students from "their part of town" [as it was called by our parents]. White students overwhelmingly were just that, overwhelmed. We spent the rest of our time at school between classes dodging the unbridled hatred of blacks for our race. We [born in the 1960s] had never owned slaves, never insisted that any of them ride in the back of a bus or use separate bathrooms or eating facilities, and yet their parents raised them to hate whites.

I don't blame them for harboring anger. It's just the timing, right on the heels of the civil rights movement and so much justified anger at lynchings and mistreatment at the hands of whites. As time progressed though, I saw an entire culture grow up with blacks where they teach their great grandchildren to hate whites for those old scores they wanted to settle.

It will take time to sort out the racism. Curiously enough, I was raised WASP but my best friend in grade school was a black girl. Our friendship dissolved when I had to move to Virginia for a year and I came back to talk to her. She was glad to see me but a group of blacks at the Jr. High we just started had already grafted onto her and they started harassing her immediately "whattya doin talkin to tha white girl!!". They actually started bullying her. She "had" to go with them after that and we spoke few words after then. She came from a middle class family, wealthier than mine in fact. But because of her very dark skin color, the poor-town blacks just couldn't fathom that she was friendly with us. So they took her over, literally. Glad to say I caught up with her years later and she had pulled away from it and was in college and going places like her parents did.

Turns out Dickens was right. The only real "bogey men" are ignorance and want..apart from skin color..

Man, am I old. I keep telling the kids "I was born before the Civil Rights Act passed." And they're all like "No way!".

I never knew black people were mean to the white people. I was always told it was the white people who were mean.

Did the black people want to be bussed? I would not want to be bussed to go to a school far away from where I live.

I don't know if blacks wanted to be shoved in with whites. Probably not. But then again our schools were in much better shape than theirs, better staffed etc. due to the punitive policies at the time against people of darker skin tones.

Basically they were taught since knee high to hate/fear whites. It was a weird time Pandora. It still is. Generational "traditional" attitudes are hard to erase. We were at the very beginning of desegregation in the late 60s and 70s. We are still in the middle of it now, all of us, even those much younger than me. Attitudes flare on both sides of the fence and like I said, Dickens had it right: the real enemies are ignorance and want. I made many black friends even after the one "disowned" me from peer pressure. I considered then and still do today people of dark skin tones raised in that post-segregation post-slave culture to be funny, succinct, raucous, bawdy, bracingly honest and admirably fierce...even if that ferocity is misguided by their own bias against whites at times.

My daughter has a half black friend raised in our podunk white outback area since birth by her white mother. This girl looks nothing like her mother. She's easily as tall as Michelle Obama, strong, stunningly beautiful. She could break any of the readers here over her shinbone with ease. I had opportunity to know her father before they split up. He was a GIGANTIC strapping black man..at least 6' 6" tall, ebony skin, muscled and proportioned and atheletic. Easily could've played for the NFL. But when she, his daughter, my daughter's friend opens up her mouth out comes the sweetest shy, barely audible voice of her mother. She has the ability to get loud, she just doesn't. She's subdued, cordial, tactful and so on. She wouldn't hurt a fly much less break you over her shin. She's whiter than the whitest white girl I've ever met...lol.. I am way more "black" than she is..lol..

It just goes to show that the culture one is raised in makes who you are. People like to argue about their character's being innate but I'll tell you I've seen WAY more evidence to the contrary in my days. I think instead of calling people who are obnoxious "nggers and crackers" etc. we should just call them assholes. Because assholes exist in every form light to dark, short to tall, fat to thin hetero to homo. As long as we keep the focus on some external difference in physical trappings like skin or clothing, we'll never discover and eradicate the real enemies: ignorance and want.

That white-black girl reminds me quite a lot of Obama. I always laugh when I hear the Fox News web shills rant and rave about how "dangerous and subversive" Obama the "black panther" is...lol...LOL! He was raised exactly like this girl, by white momma and white grandparents in whitey McWhitetown Hawaii with white friends and white dreams and white outlooks on everything around him. He might be able to act a gangsta in a theater performace with much trouble and practice but part of his makeup? ..lol... goodness no... Not at all..

I don't know if blacks wanted to be shoved in with whites. Probably not. But then again our schools were in much better shape than theirs, better staffed etc. due to the punitive policies at the time against people of darker skin tones.

Basically they were taught since knee high to hate/fear whites. It was a weird time Pandora. It still is. Generational "traditional" attitudes are hard to erase. We were at the very beginning of desegregation in the late 60s and 70s. We are still in the middle of it now, all of us, even those much younger than me. Attitudes flare on both sides of the fence and like I said, Dickens had it right: the real enemies are ignorance and want. I made many black friends even after the one "disowned" me from peer pressure. I considered then and still do today people of dark skin tones raised in that post-segregation post-slave culture to be funny, succinct, raucous, bawdy, bracingly honest and admirably fierce...even if that ferocity is misguided by their own bias against whites at times.

My daughter has a half black friend raised in our podunk white outback area since birth by her white mother. This girl looks nothing like her mother. She's easily as tall as Michelle Obama, strong, stunningly beautiful. She could break any of the readers here over her shinbone with ease. I had opportunity to know her father before they split up. He was a GIGANTIC strapping black man..at least 6' 6" tall, ebony skin, muscled and proportioned and atheletic. Easily could've played for the NFL. But when she, his daughter, my daughter's friend opens up her mouth out comes the sweetest shy, barely audible voice of her mother. She has the ability to get loud, she just doesn't. She's subdued, cordial, tactful and so on. She wouldn't hurt a fly much less break you over her shin. She's whiter than the whitest white girl I've ever met...lol.. I am way more "black" than she is..lol..

It just goes to show that the culture one is raised in makes who you are. People like to argue about their character's being innate but I'll tell you I've seen WAY more evidence to the contrary in my days. I think instead of calling people who are obnoxious "nggers and crackers" etc. we should just call them assholes. Because assholes exist in every form light to dark, short to tall, fat to thin hetero to homo. As long as we keep the focus on some external difference in physical trappings like skin or clothing, we'll never discover and eradicate the real enemies: ignorance and want.

That white-black girl reminds me quite a lot of Obama. I always laugh when I hear the Fox News web shills rant and rave about how "dangerous and subversive" Obama the "black panther" is...lol...LOL! He was raised exactly like this girl, by white momma and white grandparents in whitey McWhitetown Hawaii with white friends and white dreams and white outlooks on everything around him. He might be able to act a gangsta in a theater performace with much trouble and practice but part of his makeup? ..lol... goodness no... Not at all..

Well said, Sihouette, well said. This part needs to be placed prominently on public buildings, perhaps substituting for the Ten Commandments that cause so much controversy:

It just goes to show that the culture one is raised in makes who you are.

It's not your ethnicity or the amount of melanin in your skin, it is your culture that counts.

I remember the story though I never heard what happened to the people who murdered them.

Thanks for posting the story, we should all remember them though I am sure most liberal types would say oh well they were just white people so it doesn't matter. Unless it was their mother or brother sister or child.

Had the victims been black and the perps white, we would still be talking about the injustice and the hate of evil white people, and there would be plans to make a law named after them.

yea, just read the case thing posted...sorry but there was nothing there at all to prove a hate crime..Why is it you guys can't get that, just because a crime happens from one race against a 2nd, does not matter who did what....it does not just make it a hate crime?

As I stated before, I am not for hate crime laws...but at least I know when someone would have a legal case to make one....It has nothing to do with Bias, or some "liberal Media conspiracy"....its that little evidence thing thats missing...

See, pocket has a vested interest in keeping the visible-segregating issue going. It's because s/he's uncomfortable with the idea that "being gay" might be an affective behavioral difference instead of an innate "racial" one.

Gays aren't a race pocket. The very fact that gayness crosses all walks of life in every skin color around sort of betrays the innate hopes and instead points a finger in the direction of social meddling.

See, pocket has a vested interest in keeping the visible-segregating issue going. It's because s/he's uncomfortable with the idea that "being gay" might be an affective behavioral difference instead of an innate "racial" one.

Gays aren't a race pocket. The very fact that gayness crosses all walks of life in every skin color around sort of betrays the innate hopes and instead points a finger in the direction of social meddling.

I have no idea what your talking about...where did I say Gays are a Race? ( and its He)

read the post I was responding to, it was about blacks beating up and killing a white couple...it had nothing to do with Gays...it was about Race...
My mistake. I take you for a gay apologist and that angle usually comes with the "we are a group being descriminated against". I'm glad we both agree that gayness is not a "race".

Since this thread is about homosexual marriage though, and since homosexuals often cite being descriminated against as to marriage, what would you consider the cohesive group that falls under the "GLBT" umbrella [race?] and why?

yea, just read the case thing posted...sorry but there was nothing there at all to prove a hate crime..Why is it you guys can't get that, just because a crime happens from one race against a 2nd, does not matter who did what....it does not just make it a hate crime?

As I stated before, I am not for hate crime laws...but at least I know when someone would have a legal case to make one....It has nothing to do with Bias, or some "liberal Media conspiracy"....its that little evidence thing thats missing...

It is amazing how ignorant some people are. These people know nothing about a horrific torture/murder case, yet feel they can make conclusions about the case.

There is no doubt the four day torture/murder of Channon and Chris was motivated at least partially by racial hatred. But, I as stated earlier, most libs/dems know nothing of this case. And yet, it is one of the most horrific torture/murder cases ever committed in the USA.

And some people are so ignorant they refer to this case as..."about blacks beating up and killing a white couple... "

The Subhumans:
c2a.jpg

My mistake. I take you for a gay apologist and that angle usually comes with the "we are a group being descriminated against". I'm glad we both agree that gayness is not a "race".

Since this thread is about homosexual marriage though, and since homosexuals often cite being descriminated against as to marriage, what would you consider the cohesive group that falls under the "GLBT" umbrella [race?] and why?

umm gays and lesbians and trans gender as well I guess..becuse all are discriminated against. why? I think its pretty clear why...

Do you mean "they are all descriminated against" as to marraige?

Aren't polygamists also?

That's what I mean about the "gay marraige" issue on that ground. Why does that group not include all its members in the "other than monogamous hetero". Part of the "unfair" language of the current description of marriage as "between one man and one woman" is the word "one". Why shun the polygamists? Shouldn't the "GLBT" umbrella read at least "GLBTP" instead? Why or why not?

Please be specific. And please avoid statements like "I think its pretty clear why.." Because the situation is anything but "pretty clear"... The courts will want specifics in future challenges and I do too. I realize you cannot speak for all deviants from "between one man and one woman" so I'm just asking you to discuss polygamists here; since they've been wanting marriage far far longer than anyone in the GLBT description.

Do you mean "they are all descriminated against" as to marraige?

Aren't polygamists also?

That's what I mean about the "gay marraige" issue on that ground. Why does that group not include all its members in the "other than monogamous hetero". Part of the "unfair" language of the current description of marriage as "between one man and one woman" is the word "one". Why shun the polygamists? Shouldn't the "GLBT" umbrella read at least "GLBTP" instead? Why or why not?

Please be specific. And please avoid statements like "I think its pretty clear why.." Because the situation is anything but "pretty clear"... The courts will want specifics in future challenges and I do too. I realize you cannot speak for all deviants from "between one man and one woman" so I'm just asking you to discuss polygamists here; since they've been wanting marriage far far longer than anyone in the GLBT description.

The difference is that no one is born polygamist. That really is a choice.

Werbung:
The difference is that no one is born polygamist. That really is a choice.

Is every homosexual born that way? Can you offer proof that every homosexual is born a homosexual?

Ever heard of a cradle catholic? They are born catholic, A child in the FLDS is born into a polygamist life style and taught from birth plural marry or never see heaven.

I would venture to say that most religions including Islam would say their children are born Muslim, Jehovahs witness, mormon exc. Born again christians believe you are not saved till you are born again spiritually but I bet if you asked any baptist what faith is your infant child, they would say baptist or christian...

but for arguments sake, lets say only if you are born a certain way can marriage apply to you, should we have a test on all homosexuals and only let the ones born that way marry? Seems fair if you are going to deny polygamists marriage

Back