Good ole Nanci...Give her a raincoat, she'll bring change too!

Werbung:
Is calculus necessary to be a good liberal, then?

I have a math degree, and I'm about as liberal as anyone I know.

Let's hope those poor girls don't wind up on Wall Street...better to live a life of prostitution than to wind up on Wall Street...or is there much difference?

We've got a lady here at work who's pursuing advanced math, just completed Topology, in fact. I got a real kick out of our Purchasing Manager walking into her office (she's in Purchasing, too) while I was ordering a spare part for the field. I queried him about how much more a certain type of tubing was and he said "about a dollar a foot". Not knowing what the base cost was for cheaper tubing, I asked what the percentage difference was. He looked at Miss Math and asked "what's the percentage difference between $3 and $4?"

Blank stare. Locked-up. Deer-in-headlights imitation.

Ever incredulous about these kinds of things, I added, "c'mon... whaddya' get when you subtract 3/3 from 4/3?"

Extended moment of silence and more deer imitation. I tried to help out, "1/3? 33%?"

She has difficulty balancing her checkbook and always leaves it to her boyfriend.

It's almost as if she's processing mathematical relationships in the linguistic center of the brain like it's language to her. Actual application seems to be difficult. We see a lot of that, actually. It is true, however, that she doesn't seem inclined to have children.

We've got a lady here at work who's pursuing advanced math, just completed Topology, in fact. I got a real kick out of our Purchasing Manager walking into her office (she's in Purchasing, too) while I was ordering a spare part for the field. I queried him about how much more a certain type of tubing was and he said "about a dollar a foot". Not knowing what the base cost was for cheaper tubing, I asked what the percentage difference was. He looked at Miss Math and asked "what's the percentage difference between $3 and $4?"

Blank stare. Locked-up. Deer-in-headlights imitation.

Ever incredulous about these kinds of things, I added, "c'mon... whaddya' get when you subtract 3/3 from 4/3?"

Extended moment of silence and more deer imitation. I tried to help out, "1/3? 33%?"

She has difficulty balancing her checkbook and always leaves it to her boyfriend.

It's almost as if she's processing mathematical relationships in the linguistic center of the brain like it's language to her. Actual application seems to be difficult. We see a lot of that, actually. It is true, however, that she doesn't seem inclined to have children.

According to Hank Hill's post about Liberals an calculus, this person must have been pretty right wing.

According to Hank Hill's post about Liberals an calculus, this person must have been pretty right wing.
The lady I was describing? Oh, no, she's definitely Liberal in the modern sense of the word. Served an Obama cake and cookies on the 20th and everything. Campaigned. Bumper stickers. Has NPR going all the time she's at work.

The lady I was describing? Oh, no, she's definitely Liberal in the modern sense of the word. Served an Obama cake and cookies on the 20th and everything. Campaigned. Bumper stickers. Has NPR going all the time she's at work.

Could the remark about becoming a liberal by learning calculus be wrong? It seems so logical.

I heard on the local radio news that the contraception money didnt make it into the final bill. Anyone got further info on this?

I heard on the local radio news that the contraception money didnt make it into the final bill. Anyone got further info on this?

Obama took it out to appease the Republicans.

But like that, and the little cocktail party he threw for them, it didn't work!

Obama took it out to appease the Republicans.
Yeah thanks for the confirmation, but of course it is bi-partisanship if the GOP does it, and appeasement when Obama does it. :cool:
But like that, and the little cocktail party he threw for them, it didn't work!
It didnt work, this is what I get a kick out of. Right now, Obama controls the Government, moreso than Bush when the GOP had control of both houses.
I can point to one person as being the single most responsible person for these turn of events. You have to look no further than George W. Bush and the backlash that he has caused for the GOP on his departure.

Werbung:
Yeah thanks for the confirmation, but of course it is bi-partisanship if the GOP does it, and appeasement when Obama does it. :cool:

No, no, when Bush passed the Medicare Part D, that was to appease the Democrats, you know.

It had nothing to do with paying back big pharma, no, no, it was partisan appeasement.

Back