History might be made on Nov. 6th

Werbung:
It has little chance of passing in Oregon so I read in the paper. I voted for it but I dont see it passing
True but Washington and Colorado might pass it. The question is What happens next if it does pass in anyone of these states??? I can see the Fed sending out it's storm troopers to bust down doors and make arrests...Damn shame if they do.

True but Washington and Colorado might pass it. The question is What happens next if it does pass in anyone of these states??? I can see the Fed sending out it's storm troopers to bust down doors and make arrests...Damn shame if they do.
Nah they wont. Pots legal here now under medical mary jane laws and anyone can get the card and anyone can have someone grow for them and the feds could come in but they dont

A new study by a respected Mexican think tank asserts that ballot measures to legalize recreational use of marijuana – in Colorado, Oregon and Initiative 502 in Washington — could cut Mexican drug cartels’ earnings from traffic to the U.S. by as much as 30 percent. Read More...http://blogs.seattletimes.com/polit...2-could-help-cut-mexican-cartels-pot-profits/

The idea that the way to end organized crime violence is to simply legalize their products is absurd. Once you legalize one thing, something else just takes it place. After all we have seen crime rings running fake shampoo, and fake condiment operations and making millions.

You might lower the crime rates by simply reclassifying a crime as not a crime -- but you have not changed anything -- for anyone.

Colorado's Amendment 7 of 1932 was unconstitutional, violating the 18th amendment which remained in effect until Dec. 1933. It didn't end Prohibition - Prohibition ended Amendment 7, at least until the 21st amendment was adopted. The 21st amendment ended Prohibition.

A Colorado law approving marijuana has no such Constitutional hurdle to overcome, however. I've been waiting a long time for a challenge to the Federal laws banning marijuana, on grounds that the Fed has no Constitutional authority to ban it in the first place. It would be ironic if a bunch of drugged-out, dope-smoking teaheads finally helped topple the huge, overreaching Federal government's habit of ignoring the 10th amendment and usurping state power.

have to dusagree with bigrobtoa point. it takes more than just pot to damage organized crime. have to do them all. and i think its fair to say thatthe machine behind drugsis far karger than bogus shampoo.they could not survive the liss of so much revenue.

have to dusagree with bigrobtoa point. it takes more than just pot to damage organized crime. have to do them all. and i think its fair to say thatthe machine behind drugsis far karger than bogus shampoo.they could not survive the liss of so much revenue.

Of course the machine behind drugs is far larger at this point -- there is more money money to made there currently.

That said, the underlying point remains -- simply legalizing drugs in an effort to abolish the cartels is a bad idea, and in my view won't have the impact that many seem to think.

Of course the machine behind drugs is far larger at this point -- there is more money money to made there currently.

That said, the underlying point remains -- simply legalizing drugs in an effort to abolish the cartels is a bad idea, and in my view won't have the impact that many seem to think.

well you are right that it would fail to have the impact that it could as government would not be able to pass up the opportunity to enhance it's revenue. the cartels can easily undercut the govt on prices so its all moot. now if the govt took some of it's war on drugs money and just gave the dope away, this cannot be combated.

prohibition created the large scale organized crime we have and when it ended they hung on with undercutting the tarrifs and switching up to drugs and loansharking.

so maybe you can't kill it 100% dead but if you shave it back 95% then kids will be stuck in school as the siren song of petty dealing will be gone adn a whole lot of illegals will be out of work and lookin g for escape routes. hell, maybe cities will even get a little safer.

but none of this matters as it will never ever happen.

Werbung:
Back