How does your state-rate on the 'SIN' tax?

Werbung:
Here I've been thinking that Kansas had the worst taxes on: gasoline, beer, cigarettes, sales taxes...we don't have it near as bad as some of these other states!
.........you'd better not come to Britain then!!!????

A pack of cigarettes in the UK costs around $10.00 - probably 95% of that is tax.

Beer, well that depends on the brand and where you buy it but an average pint from the pub costs around $5.00 but if you get 4 pack (3 pints) from the supermarket that could cost about the same. Again, most of that tax. Strangely enough in the supermarkets beer can be cheaper than bottled water...:cool:

Sales tax or Value Added Tax (VAT) as we call it in the UK is currently 17.5% on all products and services except kids clothes I think.

Petrol is around $10 a gallon but thats a guess as everything is in Litres, in any case a frightening amount of that is tax! I filled up yesterday at £1.08/L which is around what $1.40 a litre? apparently that actual cost at the point of sale is around 20 cents per litre the rest is tax!

So, moral of the story.............well..........the grass ain't always greener

I worked with a nice English man once and he was always buying my cigarettes from me by a 'stick at a time'...he said that was how they were sold over in England {circa 1980's} was that true or was he just pulling my leg. And yes I did charge him per cigarette too

.........you'd better not come to Britain then!!!????

A pack of cigarettes in the UK costs around $10.00 - probably 95% of that is tax.

Beer, well that depends on the brand and where you buy it but an average pint from the pub costs around $5.00 but if you get 4 pack (3 pints) from the supermarket that could cost about the same. Again, most of that tax. Strangely enough in the supermarkets beer can be cheaper than bottled water...:cool:

Sales tax or Value Added Tax (VAT) as we call it in the UK is currently 17.5% on all products and services except kids clothes I think.

Petrol is around $10 a gallon but thats a guess as everything is in Litres, in any case a frightening amount of that is tax! I filled up yesterday at £1.08/L which is around what $1.40 a litre? apparently that actual cost at the point of sale is around 20 cents per litre the rest is tax!

So, moral of the story.............well..........the grass ain't always greener

How does a person live when things cost that much? with those prices I dont see how anyone can live where you are.

Oregon has no sales tax YET! But I am sure we will some day
Our beer tax is a shocking 8 cents, and smokes were 1.18 again not as bad as some others and our gas tax is 25 cents, none of that gas tax actually goes to any roads though, it all goes to jogging paths and bike paths, that has always made me mad.

They get Oregon in other ways, income tax and various fee's

I like that link, thanks for posting it!

I worked with a nice English man once and he was always buying my cigarettes from me by a 'stick at a time'...he said that was how they were sold over in England {circa 1980's} was that true or was he just pulling my leg.
..........:D..... I think he may have been yanking yer chain! You can buy packs with 10 or 20 in but not individually!

.......don't get me going on that.......:mad:

All I can say is that should my old Regiment contemplate executive action against the UK Government I would not have an issue with that ...;)

You guys should smuggle in guns from the US and over throw your country, that is crazy, just crazy what they are doing to you. Gosh I feel really bad for you, and scared for us! We are on a fast track to how things are there.

Okay a quick bit of transatlantic consumer research. How much is...

a gallon of gas
a ticket to the movies (adult and noseminer)
a medium pizza at pizza hut
a pack of popcorn

....you guessed it its movie day today

2.17 a gal of gas
9 dollars for a movie ticket for an adult
18 dollars for a med pizza at pizza hut (without coupon)
about a dollar for a pack of popcorn that you microwave
but a bucket of popcorn and a large pop is 10.00 at the movies

but that is in oregon with no sales tax

Werbung:
Okay a quick bit of transatlantic consumer research. How much is...

a gallon of gas Kansas > $1.89 a/gal
a ticket to the movies (adult and noseminer) Adult $7.00
a medium pizza at pizza hut $13.99
a pack of popcorn > $5.00

I don't eat out much and never ever a pizza {make mine at home} I carry in my soft drink and my favorite snacks...but I do have too buy the popcorn {sans that bad oily mess that they call butter}

Back