1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

How Weed Won the West

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by AmericanDrugWar, Sep 6, 2009.

1. AmericanDrugWar

AmericanDrugWar New Member

While California is going bankrupt, one business is booming. "How Weed Won the West" is the story of the growing medical cannabis / marijuana industry in the greater Los Angeles area, with over 700 dispensaries doling out the buds. Following the story of Organica, a southland dispensary owned by Jeff Joseph that was raided by the DEA in August of '09, the film shows that although much has changed with Obama in office, the War on Drugs is nowhere near over. From Kevin Booth, the producer/director of Showtime's "American Drug War", "How Weed Won the West" puts California forward an example to the rest of the country by documenting how legalizing marijuana can save the economy.

2. dahermit

dahermit New Member

Making weed legal and taxing it is not likely to produce much income. It is just too easy to grow. Why buy the high priced taxed stuff when you can grow your own.
    I do however, support making it legal. There are too many people incarcerated with nothing more than drug charges. Also note, I am not a recreational drug user...I do not use any intoxicants of any kind including beer. Therefore there should not be any reaction to my post that suggests a personal reason for legalizing drugs. I am just tired of seeing so much money being poured down the "War on Drugs", never ending rat hole.

3. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Active Member

Me too, dahermit, I don't use any intoxicants, but I think marijuana should be legalized. Our war on drugs is an endless process of flushing money down the toilet.