I am not asking you, I am Fucking telling you! Fantasy based religions should be banned.

You don't believe in free speech? Silencing people because you don't agree with them, won't change them. Like the people in your example... they'd be just as hateful and dangerous (and probably more dangerous) if silenced. They let a lot of it out through those hateful words (which are often uttered in an echo chamber instead of in public spaces where they would be met with opposition).

It's like our resident hater here. I wonder why he hasn't been banned for his behavior, but then again, it's better for him to vomit words here than it is for him to be elsewhere where he might actually harm someone.

People should have freedom of speech, but not the freedom to harass. The racists I mentioned were harassing people. Nonetheless, some harassment is free speech, while other stuff, like burning crosses on their property or dumping leaflets on their lawn (They did drop the leaflets.) is rightfully illegal.

Some stuff the racists were doing included burning crosses in their own yard and flying white supremacist flags to terrorize the family when they drove by, as there was only one major road from the family's home to town.

However, should people have the right to "legally harass"? That's a debatable topic and I might have to come against free speech.

Also note that when the shoe was on the other foot, blacks could not legally or illegally harass whites under Jim Crow.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Too bad for you, Mr. Suppressing through banning 1st Amendment right of religion is your delusional liberal endeavor. Quarrel whatever you want. But people will keep believing in their faith.

But a militant religion that decapitates heads off infidels' bodies are lawless and ought to be, not only banned, but destroyed by the protection of the Law. They violate lives and people's rights of faith they choose. By the way, why not take your issues with the radicalized militant religion? Protest against them. Watch your head.

I guess you forget all the murders that your religion did to further itself after Constantine bought it.

I am not sure of the numbers but I do not think Islam has killed as many as Christianity did.

I speak as much against Islam as I do against Christianity as they are both demonstrably immoral creeds.

Regards
DL

You don't believe in free speech? Silencing people because you don't agree with them, won't change them. Like the people in your example... they'd be just as hateful and dangerous (and probably more dangerous) if silenced. They let a lot of it out through those hateful words (which are often uttered in an echo chamber instead of in public spaces where they would be met with opposition).

It's like our resident hater here. I wonder why he hasn't been banned for his behavior, but then again, it's better for him to vomit words here than it is for him to be elsewhere where he might actually harm someone.

I have to wonder why some here do not hate the demonstrably immoral religions like Christianity and Islam.

For evil to grow, all people need do is not hate it enough to fight it.

Why do you not hate evil?

Regards
DL

I guess you forget all the murders that your religion did to further itself after Constantine bought it.

I am not sure of the numbers but I do not think Islam has killed as many as Christianity did.

I speak as much against Islam as I do against Christianity as they are both demonstrably immoral creeds.

Regards
DL

It's debateable how much Christianity killed, and what can be attributed to other causes. For instance, in the New World the Amerindian population died mostly due to the Europeans' diseases, not their religion, though it is true they did kill some who refused to convert.

In Europe, it is true religious wars killed many. However, those wars cannot be attributed to religion, but rather corrupt religion which wanted power.

It's debateable how much Christianity killed, and what can be attributed to other causes. For instance, in the New World the Amerindian population died mostly due to the Europeans' diseases, not their religion, though it is true they did kill some who refused to convert.

In Europe, it is true religious wars killed many. However, those wars cannot be attributed to religion, but rather corrupt religion which wanted power.

Which of the Christian sects and denomination are corrupt?

Regards
DL

The end of the matter is: Fear God and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Take it or leave it. You are free to will.

I have to wonder why some here do not hate the demonstrably immoral religions like Christianity and Islam.

For evil to grow, all people need do is not hate it enough to fight it.

Why do you not hate evil?

Regards
DL

Come on. You can do better than that. For someone who calls out others on logical fallacies, you sure do enjoy using them yourself. This particular strawman has become a bit tired. I think you need to build a new one.

The end of the matter is: Fear God and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Take it or leave it. You are free to will.

The end of the matter is that your imaginary supernatural God is not around to tell us what his commandments are. If you are talking about the immoral demiurge of the bible, the one we are to emulate, then you should remember what you are asking us to be.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

You go ahead and be that big of a prick if you like.

I will not fear that prick but instead pray to never be like him.

Regards
DL

Come on. You can do better than that. For someone who calls out others on logical fallacies, you sure do enjoy using them yourself. This particular strawman has become a bit tired. I think you need to build a new one.

Your use of deflection give me the point.

Stop deflecting and start debating the demonstrably immoral tenets of Christianity and Islam or continue to run from a meaningful dialog.

Lets see. In Christianity we could look at the immorality of substitutionary atonement and in Islam we could talk about Honor Killing.

Are you game.

Regards
DL

On these threads where the arguments seem endless, a professional away to study an argument would be needed. In other words, are some people using straw man arguments etc.. ? It's not a manner of opinion necessarily, rather of who makes the best argument.

The end of the matter is that your imaginary supernatural God is not around to tell us what his commandments are. If you are talking about the immoral demiurge of the bible, the one we are to emulate, then you should remember what you are asking us to be.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

You go ahead and be that big of a prick if you like.

I will not fear that prick but instead pray to never be like him.

Regards
DL
I feel so sorry and sad for you. Your Creator and King of the universe made you and love you. Whether you believe it or not.
I wish you peace in your mind and soul, friend.

Your use of deflection give me the point.

Stop deflecting and start debating the demonstrably immoral tenets of Christianity and Islam or continue to run from a meaningful dialog.

Lets see. In Christianity we could look at the immorality of substitutionary atonement and in Islam we could talk about Honor Killing.

Are you game.

Regards
DL

I'm still waiting to see anything "meaningful" from you. Most of your posts sound like you wrote them while you were drunk. I mean, just look at the title of this thread... Do you really wonder why people don't take you seriously? Why would anyone engage in serious debate with someone who starts with insults, condescension, and cursing, followed by fallacious and extremist arguments?

I'll check back from time to time. If you ever start having real conversations, I might be game.

On these threads where the arguments seem endless, a professional away to study an argument would be needed. In other words, are some people using straw man arguments etc.. ? It's not a manner of opinion necessarily, rather of who makes the best argument.

They can be endless and futile if the issues are on supernatural Gods but I have found that some discussions on morality do get to an end game and agreement.

What I do not like is when a theist agrees that a man would be condemned for something yet forgives God for the same infraction just because he is God. One good example of this is the torture and killing of King David's baby.

Such a double standard of morality is itself immoral and that is ignored by immoral theists.

Regards
DL

I feel so sorry and sad for you. Your Creator and King of the universe made you and love you. Whether you believe it or not.
I wish you peace in your mind and soul, friend.

If you are foolish enough to believe in a creator God, then tell us why he created these abominations?

Thanks in advance for not being able to inform us.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I'm still waiting to see anything "meaningful" from you. Most of your posts sound like you wrote them while you were drunk. I mean, just look at the title of this thread... Do you really wonder why people don't take you seriously? Why would anyone engage in serious debate with someone who starts with insults, condescension, and cursing, followed by fallacious and extremist arguments?

I'll check back from time to time. If you ever start having real conversations, I might be game.

That was one of the few time I swear but run away all you like. That does not change the fact that you are following an immoral and do not care. Satan has you well in hand.

Regards
DL

Back