1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Iraqi comments on.......

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Libsmasher, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

.........Obama's PR junket:

http://www.newsmax.com/international/iraq_obama_voices/2008/07/18/114176.html

"We are worried that he might win the presidency and pull out (American) forces because chaos would prevail in Iraq and militias would return." _ Mohammed Abbas, 19, Shiite primary school teacher in southern city of Hillah.

___

"We hope Obama will fulfill his promise of pulling out American forces if he wins the election. If he is sincere with this pledge, we hope he wins." _ Hussein Jassim, 35, Shiite laborer in the Baghdad neighborhood of Sadr City.

___

"I wish God would inspire Obama to do something in the interest of the Iraqi people." _ Harith Abdullah, 52, Sunni engineer in Baghdad.

___

"I think that after visiting Iraq, Obama will change his mind about pulling out American troops because the security in Iraq is more stable with the forces here." _ Bahra Khalid, 39, Kurdish teacher in northern city of Irbil.

___

"America is like a giant company whose only concern is profit. Obama's visit is for propaganda." _ Sami Hassan, 36, Shiite engineer in Baghdad.

___

"The American forces will not withdraw whether Obama wins or not. If they withdraw, that would create a big vacuum and Iran would be the first to fill it." _ Ahmed Samih, 55, Sunni official in Ministry of Higher Education in Baghdad.

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    What is the population Of Iraq? how hard is it to find 5 people to not agree? Do you know based on the polls how many want the US out of Iraq? In Iraq? thats alot better sample then , I found 5 people to say what I want and post them.

3. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Ill just point out, that Al Malaki said recently he wants American combat troops gone ASAP.
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1824606,00.html
    The good news is that the Germans are looking to help more in Iraq. I can certainly understand thier opposition in the first place, but the damage is done. Time to try and put the pieces back in order. Its a shame the Bush administration has handled this so ineptly. There was a chance for an Iraq without an insurgency that got out of control. Piss poor intelligence, a negligent political leadership policy, and a military not equipped to do the job has cost hundreds of billions, with thousands of dead Americans and sore in the global arena that will take a generation to heal.

4. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

That was retracted - try to keep up. :rolleyes:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07/20/iraq-pm-not-endorsing-obama-timeframe-on-troop-withdrawal/