I try not to hold a grudge. I get angry, get hurt like anyone else. I try to joke about it to help ease my mind. Holding a grudge only hurts the holder. I think that there is a higher power and He will deal with everyone fairly in time. It is not my place to judge but, I am also human and imperfect so I do. I joke around a lto about my husband becasue the wounds are still fresh and becasue he keeps rubbing salt in them. But, I try to remember that I have been hurt before and got over it. I actually think that believing that people will get what they deserve, good or bad, helps to let go of those hard fellings.

I try to do this too. Sometimes it doesn't take long to get past a real or perceived offense, other times it takes a fair amount of time and effort.

But I did learn a long time back that hanging on to hurt feelings only accomplished one thing - it kept me miserable. And I just don't have time for that anymore.

Werbung:
I agree with you mtatum4496, my mother and father have been divorced for 36 years. My mom still won't speak to him. He can't go to our weddings or anythign liek that becasue everyoen woudl be uncomfortable. Mom is a wonderful preosn in many ways but, she will not get past it. Sure, it hurts him a little, but, mostly it hurts us kids and mom.

Yes I do. I am a firm believer that what you do, gets back to you, so I try as much as possible to be nice and help others when I can. I've been blessed with great friends, and I think that is one of the best parts of life.

That reminds me of something that isn't so related to karma itself...but more along the lines of "birds of a feather flock together".

I would have to agree that when you think about them getting what they deserve in the end does help to ease the pain and be able to let it go for awhile.

I don't know that I believe in "karma" per se, but I do believe that you can bring bad things upon yourself, either through your words, lack of words, actions, or lack of action. I don't know that "karma" has anything to do with what happens in our lives.

I think theres a pretty mechanical way that karma works in society. If you spend all your time making friends, they'll be there for you when theres trouble, or even prevent trouble from coming your way. If you spend all your time making enemies, then at best they wont be there to help, and at worst they'll be the ones making trouble for you. In the same way people say you make your own luck through preparation, I think you make your own good fortune through how well you treat others. Its not magical or spiritual, it just works.

Werbung:
Back