Katie Couric Leaving as 'CBS Evening News' Anchor

steveox

Katie Couric is leaving her anchor post at "CBS Evening News" less than five years after becoming the first woman to anchor a network TV evening newscast alone.

A network executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because Couric has not officially announced her plans, reported the move to The Associated Press on Sunday night. The 54-year-old anchor is expected to launch a syndicated talk show in 2012 and several companies are vying for her services, including CBS.

No departure date has been set for Couric. Her CBS News contract expires on June 4. Spokespeople for CBS and Couric declined comment on Sunday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=13289020

I wonder Ted Turner has something to do with her depature?

Werbung:
Ho-hum. Another leftist shill is leaving the lamestream media. Maybe her and Dan Rather can get together and work on some more forged documents.

Reminds me that some people can improve the situation only by leaving - or best improve the world by dropping dead. Couric is one of the worst of the liberal/left news bimbos (Diane Saywer is "up" there in the worst rankings with her trademark snotty grin, but nobody will EVER meet Andrea Mitchell's lows.)

Heres who can help CBS
on-the-record-with-greta-van-susteren-7.jpg

Greta Van Susteren

Kind of foolish putting an infotainment girl up front for a news program. And they say Sarah Palin is stupid...

So is "infotainment" the new catch phrase for real newspeople who completely overshadow the alphabet network talking heads?

Greta van sustern has a sharp mind. I've seen her for years, and she evolved from being a flat out lib to slightly conservative. No REAL intellect can be a leftwinger for long, because they can't escape in their own mind from the realization of the leftwing lies, hypocrisy, failure, and distortion. That's why today, some of the best conservative intellectuals are ex-leftwingers. Greta would be a HUGE improvement over couric.

Werbung:
Greta van sustern has a sharp mind. I've seen her for years, and she evolved from being a flat out lib to slightly conservative. No REAL intellect can be a leftwinger for long, because they can't escape in their own mind from the realization of the leftwing lies, hypocrisy, failure, and distortion. That's why today, some of the best conservative intellectuals are ex-leftwingers. Greta would be a HUGE improvement over couric.

Exactly right, Rick. Anybody who has a shred of integrity and honesty and and objectivity eventually sees the light, moves away from the leftist dark side, and becomes a viable human being.

Back