Killer Storms is GODs Wrath!

Werbung:
OhGod7.jpeg

Semantics. Arguing against the idea that god did not do something is no different from arguing for the idea that she did.

Saying that God could use tornadoes to punish if very different than saying God could not or God has not or we just don't know if God did. Each case is distinctly different.

If god's attributes contain both masculine and feminine, then either pronoun should suffice. However, when we're talking about the creator of life, the feminine is more appropriate.

God is seen as spirit being neither a man nor a woman, but perhaps described as a Father for exactly the reason you understand that "mother" would be appropriate. In anceint hebrew culture the male was seen as the creator of life since it is he from whom the seed originated.

actually the idea that A singular God would have any sex or gender at all seems foolish...I mean why? So its not like there is some other God to Mate with, thus the idea of Gender seems pointless. So unless we are to believe in a multi god idea, he she it should make no difference. I one was to take the literal idea that man was made in Gods image..would that mean God has a penis for some reason? Or in the idea God man man..as in mankind...in its image...and since man and woman are both in its image...its clearly not one or the other.

there is of course the idea that God is written as a man...basically do to the fact that when written woman where valued far less and wrote basically none of the books...

I think you are on to lot there.

Biblically, God is spirit and neither a man nor a woman. That did not stop quite a cult following for the god Asherah who was said to be God's wife.

As you said, both men and woman were created in God's image so it is not about genitals.

Plus seems God can't even get a handle on his last big creation, Satan, who clearly must be at least close to as powerful or else that whole battle of good and evil would be over in a snap.

The battle of equals might make good Saturday monring cartoons but it is not what is described in Christianity. Satan is in no way described as the equal of God. The battle is already "over" though all of the events have not yet played out.

According to the Bible, Lucifer was jealous of God, wanted to overthrow him. Was outcast from heaven after power struggle. That sounds like a "race" of gods (Not to mention God's "son".) to me, with similar power. Otherwise, how could Lucifer ever hope to prevail in a power struggle.

It is all "angles dancing on the head of a pin", anyway.

I dont think you will find verses to support the idea that Lucifer wanted to overthrow God but you will find verses that he wanted to be like God. Words like "rebellion appear in bible passages but i don't think it is the right reading to say that Lucifer thought he could prevail in a war.

The story of Adam and Eve is actually built on the same theme and uses some of the same words. Adam and Eve were guilty of trying to be like God when they thought that they knew better than God what fruit was good to eat and when to eat it. Then in their sinful state they were described as being in rebellion against God. Despite the fact that they (and us) thought they could do that which only God can do and were in rebellion no one thinks that in a war they would defeat God.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Sprit. Sonds like male dominance to me. It doesnt say Mother or Daughter though so he cant be female.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Sprit. Sonds like male dominance to me. It doesnt say Mother or Daughter though so he cant be female.

1. God the father - male
2. God the Son - male
3. Holy Spirit - not male
4. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!" - female
5. 14 “For a long time I have kept silent,
I have been quiet and held myself back.
But now, like a woman in childbirth,[] - female

I could go on and on...

1. God as a Mother:
a. a woman in labor (Isa. 42:14) whose forceful breath is an image of divine power . God is threatening to come against Israel in power, a power likened to the forceful air expelled from the lungs of a woman who is in the final throes of labor. Calvin misunderstood Isaiah’s intent and construed this as an image of maternal tenderness!
b. a mother suckling her children (Num. 11:12)
c. a mother who does not forget the child she nurses (Isa. 49:14-15)
d. a mother who comforts her children (Isa. 66:12-13)
e. a mother who births and protects Israel (Isa. 46:3-4). In contrast to idol worshippers who carry their gods on cattle, God carries Israel in the womb. The message to the people is two-fold: it demonstrates God’s superiority over other gods, and reiterates the divine promise to support and redeem. In short, God’s maternal bond of compassion and maternal power to protect guarantee Israel’s salvation.
f. a mother who gave birth to the Israelites (Dt. 32:18) The biased translation of the Jerusalem Bible ("fathered you") obscures the feminine action of the verb, more accurately rendered "gave you birth":
JB: You forget the Rock who begot you, unmindful now of the God who fathered you.
NRSV: You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.
The Hebrew word in the first line can be translated as either "begot" (male activity) or "bore" (female activity); the context must provide the key. The word in the second line can only refer to female activity. Scholars have taken these two lines either as a male and a female image of God back-to-back, or they take both of them as female, due to the way this verse is located in the overall poetic structure of Deuteronomy 32.
g. a mother who calls, teaches, holds, heals and feeds her young (Hosea 11:1-4) This poem is in the first person, where in Hebrew there is no distinction between male and female forms; the speaker can be either male or female. The series of activities are those that a mother would be likely to do: "it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I took them up in my arms, but they did not know that I healed them. I was to them like those who lift infants [lit., suckling children] to their cheeks [OR: who ease the yoke on their jaws]; I bent down to them and fed them." (NRSV)
Given the context, it is possible that Hosea is indirectly presenting Yahweh as the mother over against the fertility goddess mother figure of the Canaanite religion that he is challenging. The images belong in pairs. Israel is presented as a wife in ch. 2 and as a son in ch. 11, that is, as female and male in tandem. It may be that Hosea is making the point that Yahweh alone is God by presenting Yahweh as the husband in ch. 2 and as the mother in ch. 11.
2. Other maternal references: Ps. 131:2; Job. 38:8, 29; Prov. 8:22-25; 1 Pet. 2:2-3, Acts 17:28.

The point is not that God is a man or a woman - God is a spirit. But we use metaphors to describe the attributes of that spirit. Sometimesa male metaphors like "Father" and sometimes female metaphors like those listed above.

Recognizing the various metaphors to further understand God is virtuous. Twisting the metaphors to make a political statment is not.

I think you are on to lot there.

Biblically, God is spirit and neither a man nor a woman. That did not stop quite a cult following for the god Asherah who was said to be God's wife.

As you said, both men and woman were created in God's image so it is not about genitals.

I'm not so sure. Most people think their genitals are a large part of their image.

Werbung:
Then God must be between 4 and 6 feet tall, hands of a primate (with opposing thumbs), have a mane (head hair), etc. What does God need feet or hands for? Or, as believers will do, dodge/deflect the, "made in God's image...", by stating something to the effect that it does not mean physical image, but spiritual image, etc.; Which then could be anything.

That is the nature of belief in the Bible, when pinned down, just change the interpretation and slip away from the preferred first explanation.

Back