Let's keep it Green. Tell that to Obama

chestnut

Werbung:
Traveling to Europe with over 500 people. That's not wasteful.. is it? I wonder if Al Gore is doing backflips and spittin nails yet?

http://military.rightpundits.com/2009/03/29/obama-goes-to-europe-presidential-entourage-500-people/

Hasn't the President heard of Man Made Climate Change? Oh that's right, his rules are not for the average folk like us.

This President has no clue, but I'm glad he's still making an a$$ of himself. That's less work anyone else has to do.
:p

This is laughable. You are making issue of this? I mean really? Firstly, the secret service detail alone is probably half of this, at least. The moronic blogger goes on to take issue with the Presidential limo being flown over, when that is normal protocol for any President.
This is a major summit, the 20 most powerful nations in the world. Considering we are number one, it seems more than reasonable to have whatever high level officials that are associated to attend. Then of course there is the necessary security detail. Which of course the President doesnt really have any say over.

I would really encourage you to watch the documentary that is aired on I believe the history channel titled something like "Inside the Secret Service"
This will shine some light on the reality of what it takes to protect American Government VIPs.

No, The secret service is 200 and then there are 500 other plust the personal chef and 20 doctors.
That seems a bit extreme. Of course the secret service need to be there, but come on... 500 advisors and such, personal chef.

No, The secret service is 200 and then there are 500 other plust the personal chef and 20 doctors.
That seems a bit extreme. Of course the secret service need to be there, but come on... 500 advisors and such, personal chef.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/29/obama-london-visit-uk-g20

Keep in mind the members of the entourage mentioned so far, and in the above article are what we know about. You know not all members of the advance teams left to return again in a week. Especially after testing food, locations, air quality, etc. So also not mentioned would be the vehicles that will be taking them from location to location. SUV's, Vans, helicopters, and jets will be used to bus around London as well as the rest of Europe between London and the Czech Republic. At which you better expect there are already advance teams working away.

I don't get to bent out of shape over this type of entourage, because in today's world climate the security is needed. The whole kitchen staff is a little questionable, but I don't know if other Presidents have done this either. The medical staff, can you blame him, if something were to happen even Obama doesn't want to be treated in a Universal Health system.

All that said, I'm sure we would have be hearing about the carbon footprint that Bush was causing if this were him. Al Gore probably sold the U.S. Gov. some carbon offset coupons. :D

Werbung:
I also have some pictures that show some of the secret service advance work that takes place. I have had the pleasure of seeing it first hand. I work for a political official, and during the last Pres. campaign had the privilege of being part of a team that picked up Gov. Palin at the airport. More of a welcome committee for the person I work for, but the security for her was very high as well. We had three groups of vans that were sent in three different directions, and we all eventually arrived at the same place. I was frisked, my vehicle searched, my office searched.........then in came the bomb dogs and the process repeated. Anyway, all that was long winded to say, that when I get home I will try to post those pictures. :D

Back