Love the ocean but the Gulf of Mexico is great too

dogtowner

Staff member
Have always gone to the ocean for aquatic holidays but really gaining an appreciation for the gulf. Waters are calm and warm and the rain stays over the mainland! Of course that means you want to be on an island like I am now.
If you're looking for something different may want to consider it.

Werbung:
Have always gone to the ocean for aquatic holidays but really gaining an appreciation for the gulf. Waters are calm and warm and the rain stays over the mainland! Of course that means you want to be on an island like I am now.
If you're looking for something different may want to consider it.
Sounds great. Our ocean is pretty cold, great for long walks on the beach, but surfing requires a wetsuit.
How's the fishing?

Saw my first wild manatees today !!!
Pretty psyched. Been hoping to see one down here for several years. Maybe now that they know me they will come gliding by to say hi.
Gentile giants like their closest relatives, elephants.

Wow when it rains it pours. Had a herd of manatees glide by on the falling tide this morning. Couldn't kèep up but so cool to see.
Yes, I am inordinately fond of pachyderms be they terestrial or aquatic. Yes, manatees are pachyderms, closest relative is the elephant.

take pictures and post
Here's me and one in the everglades. I'm wearing the orange shirt, Belle looks kinda white to my left in the water. She is about 6 feet long. Adult but not huge for her kind.
No pix of the ones today. I'll try to do better. They are not like dolphins, don't come up out of the water much.

Attachments

• IMG_6201.jpg
    IMG_6201.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
Werbung:
Back