Man accused of breaking puppy's legs

Popeye

I'm not sure quite where to put this story...it doesn't fall under politics unless you're one of those right wingers who think animals have no feeling or rights and are here to be treated as we see fit.

The penalties for animal abuse need to have some real teeth put in them. You have to wonder why people like this walk the earth.

babycloe1.jpg

The Oakland Police Department arrested Kem Eap on February 20, 2009, for breaking both front legs of a four-month-old Pomeranian puppy. The Alameda County District Attorney’s office has charged Eap with two felony counts of animal abuse. Oakland Police Department’s Criminal Investigation and Oakland Animal Services are investigating the incident.

An anonymous caller informed the Oakland Police Department of the injured puppy, and both police and animal control officers responded. Baby Chloe, who was found hiding under a television set when officers arrived, was unable to use her front legs and had to depend on only her hind legs to stand.

Baby Chloe has now had extensive surgery to repair her fractured legs

http://dogspeakup.blogspot.com/2009/02/man-breaks-puppys-legs-faces-felony.html

Werbung:
I see nobody cares to comment on the breaking of the puppy's legs story. What about if I suggested Sarah Palin was responsible....would that bring all you wingnuts out of the woodwork defending your hillbilly hero?

Actually I wouldn't put this kind of thing past a Palin...they certainly have the track record.

img_04411.jpg

That is a horrible story, When did you first post it? I am just now seeing it.

Why did that man break his legs and was it in Calif or Washington?

Oregon has some strong laws against being mean to animals but I dont know about other states.

you are so silly Popeye, always finding a way to bash Palin in every story.
I am sure she is not into breaking legs of little puppies.

Could obama adopt this dog? it would make for great PR

That is a horrible story, When did you first post it? I am just now seeing it.

Why did that man break his legs and was it in Calif or Washington?

Oregon has some strong laws against being mean to animals but I dont know about other states.

you are so silly Popeye, always finding a way to bash Palin in every story.
I am sure she is not into breaking legs of little puppies.

Could obama adopt this dog? it would make for great PR

It's in Oakland, Calif...it's the 4 month old puppy of an 11 year old girl, the guy is being charged with 2 counts of felony animal abuse. You can read more about it here..

The reason I brought Palin into it was twofold...first so somebody would notice, second ..I believe that anyone who puts a bounty on wolves and advocates the slaughter of wolf puppies (denning) is no friend of animals. I doubt if she'd even bat an eye at something like this.

It's in Oakland, Calif...it's the 4 month old puppy of an 11 year old girl, the guy is being charged with 2 counts of felony animal abuse. You can read more about it here..

The reason I brought Palin into it was twofold...first so somebody would notice, second ..I believe that anyone who puts a bounty on wolves and advocates the slaughter of wolf puppies (denning) is no friend of animals. I doubt if she'd even bat an eye at something like this.

Wolves that attack your children, live stock and smoke houses are a tiny bit different than cute little puppies dont you think?

I would have replied to this earlier had I seen it earlier, you didnt have to bash Palin to get me to reply. I never saw the post till right before I replied.

I miss a lot of posts. I go to "new posts" and sometimes before I get a chance to read them all the posts go away and I dont have the time to look through each catagory to find the newer ones. I go to user cp and can see what I have replied to lately but it dont help with new posts, so yours could have slipped through the cracks.

I think people who hurt children should never get out of jail and people who hurt animals like this puppy or those who use gerbals in strange ways should get cained with 5 lashings like in other countries

I see nobody cares to comment on the breaking of the puppy's legs story. What about if I suggested Sarah Palin was responsible....would that bring all you wingnuts out of the woodwork defending your hillbilly hero?

Actually I wouldn't put this kind of thing past a Palin...they certainly have the track record.

img_04411.jpg

No one wants to see anyone intentionally breaking the legs of pets. The person who did this should go to jail.

That said, animals rights should never trump the rights or needs of a human.

it doesn't fall under politics unless you're one of those right wingers who think animals have no feeling or rights and are here to be treated as we see fit.

Like right winger Michael Vick?

I am glad that the authorities are doing what is right here, and while I dont condemn one bit what happened to this puppy and family pet. I have one that tops it from a few months ago. This guy was charged with felony animal cruelty and a number of animal violations.
The moron caused a family to lose a pet, his own freedom, and bunch of criticism to those to trap responsibly. Setting a 22canibear trap in a bucket baited by dog treats is among the worst examples I have ever heard.
http://www.adn.com/front/story/626644.html
As for the Palin issue, there is an interesting op-ed piece in the 3-2-09 edition of the Anchorage Daily News about the reality of predator control in Alaska. Ill post it in the next post.

As promised. Also, I generally dont just copy and paste items and suggest you should form your opinion based on what this person writes, preferring to use my own words, but in this case, Fleener sums up my sentiments pretty closely.
http://www.adn.com/opinion/compass/story/707314.html
By CRAIG FLEENER

Published: March 1st, 2009 06:20 PM
Last Modified: March 1st, 2009 06:21 PM

Once again Alaska predator management is in the national spotlight. With all of the hype, a very important perspective is often overlooked during this heated debate -- that of the subsistence family.

As a young Gwich'in man I grew up in Fort Yukon, depending on wild resources for survival. This life was not a choice but an inter-generational way of life practiced by my family for thousands of years. Like many Alaskans, I was taught that we must manage wolves and bears to protect the local food supply, for safety and to meet other subsistence needs.

Most Alaskans know politics and clever ad campaigns are not what is important. For the subsistence family, acquiring enough food from the land is paramount. Take the Fort Yukon fisherman who faithfully checks his fish-wheel twice daily, the Anaktuvuk caribou hunter who hopes the herd comes close to the village this year and the Haines moose hunter who spends 12 days hunting. Call it food security, subsistence or even barbarism, but to thousands of Alaskans who live subsistence, it's about survival. It's the fundamental human right of access to high quality, renewable, locally grown, sustainable, affordable food. These needs can only be met if that food is managed for abundance.

In remote Alaska villages, where few roads and stores exist, are the highest commodity prices in the Americas. This country is home to thousands of the hardiest self-sustaining people in some of the harshest climates in North America, where temperatures can drop to minus 70, night can last for three months, and access to fresh food is limited by one's ability to withstand nature's conditions. These people do not ask for handouts; they just want the opportunity to live on the land and provide for their families. All they ask is that we honor our mandate to manage our wild natural resources for the maximum benefit of all Alaskans.

Our push for statehood 50 years ago was rooted in the need for sustainable resource management. According to Article VIII of Alaska's Constitution, that means managing our resources "for maximum use," "for the maximum benefit of its people," and "on the sustained yield principle." Once the U.S. Congress agreed to allow our entry into the union, it was with the express condition that we manage our resources to provide for ourselves.

Alaska is one of the few remaining places in America where subsistence hunting and fishing is still practiced by a large percentage of its population and is protected by law. While many thousands of Alaskans were born into the subsistence lifestyle, many more have adopted it because of the benefits it provides. This is why subsistence is the priority use in Alaska. This priority can only be fully realized if there are abundant resources for Alaskans to harvest.

The mandate to manage moose, caribou, fish and waterfowl in abundance comes directly from the people of Alaska. This is not an idea that was dreamed up in a faraway smoke-filled room by the good-old-gang. Alaskan managers and representatives are addressing the needs of subsistence communities by providing more wild food and creating more opportunity to harvest.

The rural subsistence family can't buy fresh ground, grass-fed buffalo meat from the grocery store. Nor do they have access to freshly delivered vine-ripened tomatoes from the farmer's market. With fuel prices exceeding $10 per gallon and frozen hamburger at $8 per pound, the subsistence family must rely heavily on the diversity of resources that nature provides. Those who would prevent active management in our state demonstrate a preference for wolves and bears at the expense of subsistence and abundant natural diversity.

Many of those at odds with the idea of abundance management have not lived the subsistence life in rural Alaska. It is easy for them to stand outside and cast stones at Alaska's wildlife managers or try to divide Alaskans in another battle over depleted resources. Platitudes regarding the hands-off approach to "natural balance" management sound very eco-friendly, but they fail miserably at providing the resources that tens of thousands of Alaskans need for survival.

Craig Fleener is director of the Subsistence Division at the Alaska Department of Fish & Game.

This guy will get years for breaking the puppies leg's. I don't mind that. But here in Arkansas, some guy got 6 months for breaking a 6 month old babies legs. When you do more time for injuring a animal, than a human baby, then there is something wrong about the laws.

Werbung:
This guy will get years for breaking the puppies leg's. I don't mind that. But here in Arkansas, some guy got 6 months for breaking a 6 month old babies legs. When you do more time for injuring a animal, than a human baby, then there is something wrong about the laws.

Anyone who could deliberately break a baby's legs should never see the light of day, unless it is as a part of a chain gang.

Same for anyone who tortures animals. If he can do it to a puppy, he can do it to a baby. Just imagine what that 11 year old girl felt when that happened.

I found a puppy a couple of years ago with a noose around its neck, howling and crying. Some sub human had placed it on a fence so that it could live just so long as it was able to hold on. Of course, I took it down, then called the local police, who came and got it. What an example of how low some people can stoop. I wrote a letter to the local paper, but it is unlikely that the perps ever read it.

Back