Meet Ardi, your distant ancestor

PLC1

Staff member
Meet Ardi, Your First Human Ancestor

Anthropologists are suddenly tearing up their long-held origin tale—that modern humans evolved from hunched, proto*human apes roaming the wide-open savannas of old. The discovery of a 4.4-million-year-old hominid named Ardipithecus ramidus (fondly shortened to “Ardi”) suggests that for a stretch during the early Pliocene, our ancestors instead lived in lush woodlands and walked on two feet. In fact, Ardi’s unexpected traits put to rest the whole idea of a chimplike missing link at the root of the human family tree.

The current thinking is that bipedalism evolved first, then human intelligence. I've also read that it is easier for the large brain associated with modern humans to have been supported in an upright posture. It makes sense to me.

Werbung:
Meet Ardi, Your First Human Ancestor

The current thinking is that bipedalism evolved first, then human intelligence. I've also read that it is easier for the large brain associated with modern humans to have been supported in an upright posture. It makes sense to me.

I saw this special on the discovery channel, I think it was hosted by paula zahn. It was interesting

And the old "consensus" begins to move out of the way for the new "consensus".

By the way plc, I have been looking for the peer reviewed rebuttal to Miskolczi from your pal at the physics forum and haven't found it. Can you tell me where it might be found, or did it not make it through the peer review process?

By the way plc, I have been looking for the peer reviewed rebuttal to Miskolczi from your pal at the physics forum and haven't found it. Can you tell me where it might be found, or did it not make it through the peer review process?

Where have you been Paleface? We have been fighting the good fight here, but we need you.

Werbung:

I don't remember that one. Physics forum? Where is the "physics forum"? My pal, who? Is this the Miskolczi you're talking about? No, there must be another one.

Back