1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Microsoft offering to buy Yahoo!

Discussion in 'House of Politics Lounge' started by kida, Feb 1, 2008.

1. kida

kida New Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSWNAS894220080201?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

"Microsoft Corp has made an unsolicited offer to buy Yahoo Inc for $44.6 billion in cash and stock, seeking to join forces against Google Inc in what would be the biggest Internet deal since the Time Warner-AOL merger."

Hmm... The tech world is starting to look like the Cold War world - Microsoft and it's allies on one side with Google and it's allies on the other. I'm not the most tech savvy person, but this is starting to get interesting.

2. xboxundone

xboxundone New Member

this has been rumored in the past that it would happen.. I wonder if Yahoo will take the bait or not... for either to compete with google they do have to buy out one or the other.... it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

3. kida

kida New Member

Do you think Microsoft is treading on thin ice monopoly-wise? They're into pretty much anything you can think of.

4. Guaner

Guaner New Member

I think that they definitely want a monopoly but there is still too much ground to be won with Google and Apple hanging about.

5. speedpro50

speedpro50 New Member

edited - double post

6. speedpro50

speedpro50 New Member

Now you have Bill Gates saying Microsoft won't be raising their offer price. Sure is interesting / fun to watch a couple of multi-billion dollar companies go back and forth in the negotiation process. :)

7. Guaner

Guaner New Member

I wonder what deals will be made under the table per se versus out in the open.

8. kida

kida New Member

Microsoft just got smacked by the EU: