Mike Pence - double moral standards?

Werbung:
"Now, just days after winning thanks to a campaign that smeared Clinton for her emails, the Vice President-elect is hoping to set legal precedent that protects him from ever having to make public the emails he wrote during his shady time as governor."
http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...ock-his-emails-from-being-released-to-public/
What's the law in his state ?
That would look to be what settles this.
HRC is governed by federal law ergo the two are not the same.

"Now, just days after winning thanks to a campaign that smeared Clinton for her emails, the Vice President-elect is hoping to set legal precedent that protects him from ever having to make public the emails he wrote during his shady time as governor."
http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...ock-his-emails-from-being-released-to-public/

You may have a valid point but we have to see how this plays out, and I personally need more info about this to form an opinion.

Right now, and I could change my mind on this, your comparison may be apples and oranges.

You are of course comparing Hillary and Mike Pence with their emails...but the public wouldn't be clamoring for Hillary's emails if she would have properly used the correct legal email procedure. The problem with Hillary, and she admitted she made a mistake, was since she made the "mistake", THEN because of that, we wanted to know what the Russians, Chinese, and everyone else knew from her hacked emails.

Pence to my knowledge so far, used the correct legal email procedures, so there should be no public interest in his emails.

Federal law supersedes state law, doesn't it?
Not in this case. the law for feds is to insure that there is a full and complete record for the purpose of transparency.

This does not apply to the states. they are, of course, free to enact their own laws so that's what I was wondering.

All this talk about laws.... Dont get me wrong, I'm a strong supporter of laws, but this case also is about moral. A shame that moral seems to have no place in politics nowadays.

All this talk about laws.... Dont get me wrong, I'm a strong supporter of laws, but this case also is about moral. A shame that moral seems to have no place in politics nowadays.
Not being a smart aleck but when was the last time it did ?
Not in my lifetime.

Not being a smart aleck but when was the last time it did ?
Not in my lifetime.

Probably not. However, you certainly proved they did not matter this time. In fact, those who are supposed to be the guardians of morals, the Evangelical leaders, proved it mattered not. Do you think maybe, just maybe, that is why we are in the mess we are in?

Werbung:
Back