1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Nato's Action Plan in Ukraine is Right Out of Dr Strangelove

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by Jim415, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Jim415

Jim415 Well-Known Member

From China to Ukraine, the US is pursuing its longstanding ambition to dominate the Eurasian landmass

By John Pilger
    April 17, 2014 "ICH" - "The Guardian" - I watched Dr Strangelove the other day. I have seen it perhaps a dozen times; it makes sense of senseless news. When Major TJ "King" Kong goes "toe to toe with the Rooskies" and flies his rogue B52 nuclear bomber to a target in Russia, it's left to General "Buck" Turgidson to reassure the president. Strike first, says the general, and "you got no more than 10-20 million killed, tops". President Merkin Muffley: "I will not go down in history as the greatest mass murderer since Adolf Hitler." General Turgidson: "Perhaps it might be better, Mr President, if you were more concerned with the American people than with your image in the history books."

Read the rest here:
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/17/nato-ukraine-dr-strangelove-china-us

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014